Crusader Kings II - 2.1.4 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum XQSJ - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With all due respect. i just realized that there's patch and steam development for CK2. i desperately want it. if you have some time.. can u give me the link to download the steam and patch for this game? thank you.. i hope you can help me. sorry to bother you with my unworthy message.

With all due respect. i just realized that there's patch and steam development for CK2. i desperately want it. if you have some time.. can u give me the link to download the steam and patch for this game? thank you.. i hope you can help me. sorry to bother you with my unworthy message.

Que ?
Do you still have the GamersGate version ?
Then the Steamcodes for the base game and DLCs are in your GG account.
So download the Steam installer and enter the codes for them you have in your GG account.
Steam installs the patch itself. No seperate patching possible, sadly.

No seperate patching possible, sadly.
In a way there is: You can move all game files outside steam to keep a particular patch. You won't be able to play MP though, although some people have talked about LAN being possible - I don't play MP so I don't know whether that is true or not.

We're already at 2.1.5.3, not much reason to bump this...

My game's version is still 2.0.2 (LAAW). Why isn't it updating? I have the GamersGate version. Is it no longer supported? If it's manual, where do I download patches from?
The GamersGate version is no longer supported. Go to your game page in GamersGate then you will find steam codes for CKII and all DLCs you own. Paradox did this because supporting GamersGate was too expensive compared to the amount of users.
If you don't like steam you can still play the game without it - you need steam to download the game and patches though: Just copy all game files outside steam and create a shortcut to the executable. You will not be able to play MP though, but some people have talked about there supposedly being a LAN option which also works without steam. I don't play MP so I don't know if this is true though.

All future DLC you buy on GamersGate will give you steam codes so you can continue buying there if you prefer that.

The GamersGate version is no longer supported. Go to your game page in GamersGate then you will find steam codes for CKII and all DLCs you own. Paradox did this because supporting GamersGate was too expensive compared to the amount of users.
If you don't like steam you can still play the game without it - you need steam to download the game and patches though: Just copy all game files outside steam and create a shortcut to the executable. You will not be able to play MP though, but some people have talked about there supposedly being a LAN option which also works without steam. I don't play MP so I don't know if this is true though.

All future DLC you buy on GamersGate will give you steam codes so you can continue buying there if you prefer that.

Ah yes! Thank you very much. It's been a while since I've played it. Now everything seems to be up-to-date.

In a way there is: You can move all game files outside steam to keep a particular patch. You won't be able to play MP though, although some people have talked about LAN being possible - I don't play MP so I don't know whether that is true or not.

You can save each game version seperately, but it will need more space than just collecting patches and a 1.06 or 1.01 base version.
Not that space is usually an issue nowadays, not even on SSD drives, but its comfy and files don't get corrupted as easy.
Well, usually its all fine and dandy, but well...customs... :D

I can't find a place to download the 2.1.4 patch at Gamers Gate. Where exactly is it? Thanks in advance.
The gamersgate version isn't supported anymore. You need to go to your games page in gamersgate, where you will find steam codes for the base game and all your DLCs. In case you don't like steam, then you don't have to use it for anything else than downloading the game and patches; it is perfectly playable without steam, but you cannot play mp though. On the other hand some people have talked about a lan feature which should work without steam, but I don't play mp, so I don't know whether or not that is true.
All future DLCs you buy on gamersgate will give you steam codes, so you can continue buying there if you want.

The gamersgate version isn't supported anymore. You need to go to your games page in gamersgate, where you will find steam codes for the base game and all your DLCs. In case you don't like steam, then you don't have to use it for anything else than downloading the game and patches; it is perfectly playable without steam, but you cannot play mp though. On the other hand some people have talked about a lan feature which should work without steam, but I don't play mp, so I don't know whether or not that is true.
All future DLCs you buy on gamersgate will give you steam codes, so you can continue buying there if you want.

That's my point and question. I'm on the GamersGate "My Games" page and can't find anyplace with steam codes or how to get them.

That's my point and question. I'm on the GamersGate "My Games" page and can't find anyplace with steam codes or how to get them.
Aren't they at the right side just under the game/DLC name; there where you also would find forum codes earlier---cannot remember if they still are there.

When you open your "My Games" library, the info and Steamkeys should be at the bottom. You will have to mark every single item you bought to see the info.
You will have to enter a Steamkey for the base game and for each single DLC.
GG changed the looks of it one day. No idea why.

In case you bought some dlcs through the Ingame Store and don't have the Steamkeys or the dlc don't even show in your games list, then send GG Support a support ticket.
They'll get you the Steamkeys, in case they were forgotten, which sometimes was the case when bought through the ingame store.

When you open your "My Games" library, the info and Steamkeys should be at the bottom. You will have to mark every single item you bought to see the info.
You will have to enter a Steamkey for the base game and for each single DLC.
GG changed the looks of it one day. No idea why.

In case you bought some dlcs through the Ingame Store and don't have the Steamkeys or the dlc don't even show in your games list, then send GG Support a support ticket.
They'll get you the Steamkeys, in case they were forgotten, which sometimes was the case when bought through the ingame store.

Okay, managed to find the steam activation codes on the GG page. However, can't seem to find a place on the so-called "Steam Client" page that will let me register them. Here's what I've tried:

I first tried the link directly to the "steam client" page and followed the" step by step" instructions. They say that at the bottom left corner of the page there is an "Add Game" button. IT'S NOT THERE!!!. So much for this route.

Tried finding the "Steam Client" page from the Steam Home page after I've logged in. Still can't find any place to add the games and register all the codes. I'm wondering if I am even on the so-called "Steam Client" page.

Help please.

Last edited: