Closed Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - Steam and GG Versions - The Future

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

Crusader Kings II - Steam and GG Versions - The Future

Hi.

Here is what we are going to try to do, if all technical issues works out well..

As the non-steam version is taking way too much time in maintaining, as well as holding us back from adding more functionality, like decent multiplayer, we want to progress away from that version.

We will stop updating the Gamersgate version, and provide those that bought the game there steamkeys for their ck2 games and dlc, so they can get everything in their steam-library instead.

UPDATE: CK2 version 2.0.2 is the last ever update for the GamersGate version, and is available from the sticky thread in the Tech Support forum here. The intent is that all GG/CK2 customers move to the Steam platform so that they can continue to receive support and updates. In addition they will get access to facilities previously restricted to Steam customers (such as open betas of upcoming patches) and future enhancements such as Mods via Steamworks and MP play via Steam.

To access your Steam CK2, log into your GamersGate account - the Steam activation keys for CK2 itself plus every CK2 DLC you've bought from GG will be there.

Simply install the Steam client if you don't already have it, then paste those keys one by one into:
    Steam | Games | Activate a Product on Steam

This has to be done for every DLC separately, but only ever has to be done once for each key. Once done you will immediately get access to all your CK2 content.

In case of any problem or discrepancy in this process contact GG support in the first instance on support@gamersgate.com .
    Last edited by AndrewT; 19-02-2014 at 08:39.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

500k clubCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

That's so nice of you guys!

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Very, very sensible. Good idea. *applause*
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

57 games registered

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Wow that is a very cool thing to do

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Hi.

Here is what we are going to try to do, if all technical issues works out well..

As the non-steam version is taking way too much time in maintaining, as well as holding us back from adding more functionality, like decent multiplayer, we want to progress away from that version.

We will stop updating the Gamersgate version, and provide those that bought the game there steamkeys for their ck2 games and dlc, so they can get everything in their steam-library instead.
    Wow that's very much appreciated!

how exactly is it going to happen? (I for one got the base game on steam already, along with the converter, so no need to "reimburse" me for those)

Also, I'd like to apologize for clamouring for a non-steam CKII version, hadn't done my research properly :/
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Sounds Great Johan.

Even if its a bid sad to that Paradox is turning its back on one of its own children. ;|

Crusader Kings IIMagickaSengoku

Blog Entries
    Finally! Now more time can be put into the game that was otherwise wasted on GG. Great!

OFC there will always be that one redneck GG-user that refuses to go modern and use Steam, but you can't please them all.
    Lord of Historicity. True story.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k club

That place - you know the one with the stuff.
    Nice! Thank you
    restitutor omnia orbis romanum

"The west needs no emperor, for in Constantiople sits one monarch suffice for the entire world" West Roman Senate after the deposition of Romulus Augustulus and the ascension of Zeno

This is awesome, thanks Johan/Paradox!

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    like decent multiplayer
    Multiplayer in EUIV works flawlessly with Steamworks, I look forward to finally being able to start playing CKII multiplayer.

Awwww. Thanks! my non-steam version is fully updated plus with all expansions. Will be happy to finally get them for my steam version as i haven't purchased anything after the republic for my steam version.

500k clubCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

This should be stickied ASAP.

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I'm glad they made the GG version. I wouldn't have bought CKII if it had only come out on steam. (Still don't like steam but what can you do?)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Once I've gone Steam, I don't want to play without it anymore. Too easy.
    Traits: Thrifty clerk, Poet, Kind, Deceitful, Charitable, Wroth, Proud, Ambitious, Arbitrary, Homosexual, Zealot

awsome thanks johan.

But I don't know what Steam is???

Imperial Vicar of the HRE Ruwaard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Vindahl View Post
    But I don't know what Steam is???
    You haven't been much around here lately? Still for those last few Mohicans (like in Asterix the village against the Romans), who do not have steam yet, how will it work for them? If they do decide to now make the leap?

Anyway this decision probably is the sensible one for the long run, especially since now no one can complain that what they bought was rendered useless.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

THANKS!

I have all the DLC on GG and don't want to pay the €80,- just to transfer to steam. When I saw that the betapatch was only for steam users I was about to rage. But now that you guys are doing this I can only love you again

Any idea when we'll be getting the keys? I want to start playing CK2 betapatch

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ssj18vegeta View Post
    Any idea when we'll be getting the keys? I want to start playing CK2 betapatch
    +1 on that - I saw the announcement regarding the open beta and thought, "time to exit and join!", before I realised that I'm playing the GG version.

Wow thank you so much johan!

I was bought all of DLC for GG version.

How can i get steamkey code? Check my games tab on GG site or send an email?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast