Crusader Kings II - 1.07b PATCH RELEASED - Checksum XCSD - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"No longer possible to declare depose liege, or claimant wars on liege while the liege or above is himself in revolt"

Why would you remove this? No more backstabbing in medieval europe?!

My question may probably be a bit stupid, but I really can't understand either major features of 1.07, mentioned in the first post here, (Factions, Orthodox Autocephalous Patriarchs, etc.) will be applicable to my version of the game or not if I will not buy LoR. If yes, than what exactly LoR expansion adds to the game?

Repairing the Great Schism should be possible both ways. After all, it was the Orthodox Byzantine Emperor who eventually knelt to the Roman Catholic Pope (in total and utter desperation).

- Scottish names are now English instead of Gaelic, whereas before they were a mixture of both

May I ask for the reason of that? I loved playing as the house Airegaidil, Gilla Brigte Airegaidil was probably my favourite character in the game... Gilbert of Argyll doesn't sound so cool :cool:
Oh well, will have to start to play the Irish I suppose.

Otherwise, great patch.

Repairing the Great Schism should be possible both ways. After all, it was the Orthodox Byzantine Emperor who eventually knelt to the Roman Catholic Pope (in total and utter desperation).

I agree that repairing the Great Schism ought to be possible both ways.

Given the history between the Byzantines and the West, by the time the Orthodox Byzantine emperor did that, one could wonder how sincere he was and they (everyone including the other Catholic rulers) knew that.

- Scottish names are now English instead of Gaelic, whereas before they were a mixture of both

May I ask for the reason of that? I loved playing as the house Airegaidil, Gilla Brigte Airegaidil was probably my favourite character in the game... Gilbert of Argyll doesn't sound so cool :cool:

Otherwise, great patch.

Maybe because of Lowland Scots and Scottish Gaelic, having a mix is a bit confusing; perhaps two groups (may be mod territory) could be better.

Otherwise, great patch.
Before 1.07 the Scottish names were an odd mix of English and Gaelic (there were no Scots with English names in 1066 of course) -- I provided Paradox with two completely translated versions of scottish.txt; one with English names and one with Gaelic, and they seemed to prefer English names... except they didn't use that file, just some stuff from it, so there are still weird/wrong names and several names with various versions of the same spelling.

I'm not going to report anything else related to that, though, so you're probably stuck with what you've got now.

Where can I find this - I've looked in the MP section, its not obvious?
It is not an extra feature, it is just that save games >50mb used to fail to transfer due to a bug, now they will.
on gamers gate there's no patch 1.07
There is a link to it in the first post of this very thread.

Before 1.07 the Scottish names were an odd mix of English and Gaelic (there were no Scots with English names in 1066 of course) -- I provided Paradox with two completely translated versions of scottish.txt; one with English names and one with Gaelic, and they seemed to prefer English names... except they didn't use that file, just some stuff from it, so there are still weird/wrong names and several names with various versions of the same spelling.

I'm not going to report anything else related to that, though, so you're probably stuck with what you've got now.

I see. Any chance you'd still have and be willing to share that Gaelic names file? ;)