Crusader Kings II - 1.07b PATCH RELEASED - Checksum XCSD - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a campaign which I am really liking, playing as a Duke in Ireland. Steam patched me up right away, so could I keep playing with my current game without too much trouble or am I pretty much screwed and need to start over? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update but what about the other cultures using Byzantine Units??? many posts were about that issue...It's a immersion breaker...
Keep up the good work...

There are five separate lines in the 1.07b changelog which deal with faction problems.

And register your game.

Yeah, they deal with BUGS, not with the fact that the system SUCKS.

2Cymsdale
Specific? Well, why do the rebels get free armies out of nowhere?
And why its so unrealistic? This game is supposed to be a feudal semi-simulator. Then why making faction system that is broken and unrealistic? They should only rebel when the emperor is an imbecile or have very bad traits. If an emperor is good, there is no reason to rebel, especially not when the mongols are at my doorsteps. Because a smaller duke needs protection from the hordes, he would never rebel in such situation. No to mention that after I accept their demands I can easily use swear fealty on them and most of them would accept immediately.

Factions are broken and need reworking- it's impossible to manage realm as every angry character joins faction against me. Sometimes without any particular reason- just because they can- my vassals try to push claims of my relatives on imperial throne. No matter the fact that my brother/sister/uncle have relation 90 with me and last thing he/she wants to do is antagonize me anyhow.

Yeah, they deal with BUGS, not with the fact that the system SUCKS.

2Cymsdale
Specific? Well, why do the rebels get free armies out of nowhere?
And why its so unrealistic? This game is supposed to be a feudal semi-simulator. Then why making faction system that is broken and unrealistic? They should only rebel when the emperor is an imbecile or have very bad traits. If an emperor is good, there is no reason to rebel, especially not when the mongols are at my doorsteps. Because a smaller duke needs protection from the hordes, he would never rebel in such situation. No to mention that after I accept their demands I can easily use swear fealty on them and most of them would accept immediately.

+1

Also, it shouldn't matter if your vassals dislike you or not. That's not why they should join factions. They should only want independence or to replace you if you are a bad ruler, not just if you're an unpopular ruler.

+1

Also, it shouldn't matter if your vassals dislike you or not. That's not why they should join factions. They should only want independence or to replace you if you are a bad ruler, not just if you're an unpopular ruler.

Can't agree more...
+1..

+1

You mean that if you are a unpopular ruler, your vassals shouldn't try to dethrone you ? That doesn't make much sense to me.

You mean that if you are a unpopular ruler, your vassals shouldn't try to dethrone you ? That doesn't make much sense to me.

I believe he means that if a certain vassal doesn't like you it's not a reason to join factions plot if you are a good ruler...

It shouldn't matter whether they dislike you or not. They should only want to get rid of you if you are unable to live up to the expectations of being a ruler. Why would the entire realm depose you or fight for independence just because you're difficult to get along with? As long as you can get the job done then they should be happy to have you as a liege. Whereas if you were incompetent and a bad ruler, such as an imbecile, inbred, slow, lost in wars, a tyrant, etc, then that's when they should want to depose you.