Crusader Kings II - 1.07b PATCH RELEASED - Checksum XCSD - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There are friends and rivals... But they are very rare... Ad you cn't see them in your character screen :/ I hope for this (friends and rivals in the character screen).

+1

Thank you, Paradox Interactive. Delighted to confirm that CK2 with SoI DLC and 1.07b now runs smoothly and looks beautiful on this MacBook Air with Intel HD Graphics 4000. You didn't have to fix this just for me and those other two guys out there. :) Many thanks. Now I really can't wait for EUIV. And I'm off to purchase your new Byzantine expansion right now.

The only graphical glitch I've noticed so far with Mac 1.07b is the missing or distorted portraits.

They really need to add some more plots and ambitions. It can't be hard, there are already some mods that do it.

Also, there needs to be a friends and rivals system, like in CK1. Right now, I never really feel much about any of the other characters.

Indeed. If they are low on plot ideas the community is always happy to provide some (some of mine if any Devs are interested: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...s-a-plot-idea-framing&p=14519133#post14519133). Annd while we're on the topic perhaps murder plots ahould be removed from the list (as they can be started from the character screen) or perhaps the plot list could be an expandable list with revocation, murder, fabrication as separate categories that you click first and then choose from the list of targets.

the plot list could be an expandable list with revocation, murder, fabrication as separate categories that you click first and then choose from the list of targets.

I agree with you 100% on this, a great idea. Would make it simple and easy to use, and give us a great many options with just a few clicks. Bravo. :) Of course, then they should probably make plotting a little harder to achieve (or make us wait awhile between successful plots), or else the game may get to unbalanced in our favor.

Are we going to get another hotfix? :mellow:
Yeah come on guys...many small issues which are easy for you to fix need fixing....Please give us a hotfix soon...

NOT for problem reports!

I have just updated to 1.07b via Steam, and I get a different checksum : WFHG...
Then the update didn't take properly. Use the Steam client option to Verify Game Cache Files. If it's still wrong, come see us in the Tech Support forum.

Any solution for:

- Portraits: All characters are now bald if they wear the chain mail hood

I dont like play with Lieutenant Kojak!!!

[Robaron un camión de chirimollas...
Aquí el teniente Koyak.

Aquí el teniente Koyak de servicio,
en plena vigilancia contra el vicio.
Que nadie se me ponga en plan chuleta.
Aquí se me obedece y se respeta
o formo un estropicio.

Me pongo en la cabeza un sombrerito.
Que malo que me caiga el relentito.
Me pongo a resolver lo que me toca.
Le quito a un chupa-chups su papelito.
Me lo pongo en la boca.

Yo soy un detective inteligente,
por eso en vez de cabo soy teniente.
A mi ni se me engaña y se enrolla.
No quiero que de mí diga la gente
que soy un "gilikoyak".

Sevillana "Los Cuatro Detectives" de Pepe da Rosa]

Last edited:
Any solution for:

- Portraits: All characters are now bald if they wear the chain mail hood

I dont like play with Koja!!!
haha nice...

- Characters in feudal realms will not flee to republics or theocracies when exiled

I understand... but at the same time, a bishop or a city republic would often seem like a logical place to flee. Could you perhaps make it so that republics can't vassalise nobles that way but still allow them to flee there?

- When creating a new higher tier title that has never had a holder before, its holder history will be copied from your current title

Does that mean that when you're, say, the Duke of Cherson and create the Kingdom of Taurica, your ancestors who were really dukes will show as previous kings? I'm confused there...

- The loser in an invasion CB is now imprisoned by the winner if he becomes a vassal of the winner

Hey, how does the invasion attacker become a vassal of the defender?

- Crushing a major revolt now gives all direct vassal rulers a +25 opinion modifier of you for 10 years
- When you White Peace revolters, they now get a 'Spared after Rebellion' opinion modifier of you, +25 for 10 years

Great! And very sensible.

- The Mongol reinforcements no longer arrive if the Horde has already been completely defeated

Another sensible one.

- Claimant Wars: if the claimant is a bishop or mayor, those titles are now lost on success

Could you please also make sure that someone who is a secular noble and has a royal claim on a kingdom that has been taken over by a bishop doesn't himself become a king-bishop upon winning?

- No longer possible to declare depose liege, or claimant wars on liege while the liege or above is himself in revolt

I see why but those DoWs seem quite logical. They should add some dynamism to rebelling vassals and make them think hard about rebelling (or pay hard).

- Boosted the effect of the Chancellor's Improve Diplomatic Relations job

Great! I love that function. It should probably have the side-effect of reducing the usage of Forge Claim.

- Both sides in a siege now see the effects of triggered siege events

I suppose that's about the surprise losses in sieges without attrition that I could never explain but clearly remembered having more guys at that camp?

- AI: Prevented some stupid placing of the Chancellor to fabricate claims

Lovely. Please make sure they realise it's kinda hostile and definitely not going to please the current holder. (While it's completely realistic for vassals to be greedy, shortsighted and dumb about land grab.)

- AI: Will now execute "vassal decisions" (like blinding and castrating prisoners)

Didn't know blinding and castration had made it to the game while I was away. ;)

- AI: Fixed some bugs with turning betrothals into marriages

Does that mean fewer cases of matrilineal betrothal turning into patrilineal marriage or no deal?

- Diplo AI: Fixed a bug with "divine blood" marriage calculation

What's "divine blood"?

- Diplo AI: Children in other realms will now still accept education offers from their own parents

Great, that mattered a lot to me. Does that include children that are vassals?

- Diplo AI: Will now break betrothals that won't be accepted anymore

Great. At least I'll know.

Oh, and good stuff about the Grand Princes. Could you make Lithuanians have Grand Princes too, depending perhaps who they take the Christian faith from?

I'm also thinking about certain families which should have the princely title on children of dukes rather than only kings. I can think of three: the Piasts (Poland), the Rurikovich (Russia, Ruthenia), the Premyslid dynasty (Bohemia). Possibly the Gryfites (Pomerania). It's vaguely connected to the specific approach to birthright in former chieftainships (tribal princes, basically). A Piast or a Rurikovich would always be a prince regardless if he only held one castle, while getting elected the Holy Roman Emperor would not upgrade your children to princes if you'd been a count before (although those kids could be titular counts when holding a barony or even no land). In fact, children born to a reigning HRE or to some elected kings would not be princes. It tended to take an hereditary crown or a crown elective within a family.

Does the "b" in "1.07b" stand for it being a beta patch?

Does the "b" in "1.07b" stand for it being a beta patch?
Beta patches would never be made available on the main CK2 page, only in Tech Support or the restricted beta program forum.