• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From my testing:

I have seen AI Germany get stuck in France about 1 in every 5 games in 0.49.

There are four modification of the combat model here on top of each other:

CORE changed combat modelling significantly for 0.40 (for HOI2 ARM)
AoD changed combat mechanics significantly for AoD 1.02
CORE made slight tweaks to combat mechanics for 0.49 (transfer to AoD 1.02)
AoD changed combat mechanics (or ESE calculation) again for AoD 1.04

So, give us time.

But I would say that France might have had a 20% of winning in 1940, so maybe we are not so far off.

T.

Just to add my 0.02 €...

When testing CORE on 1.02, we all felt that research felt realistic with 10 slots. Very late in the testing we added some research speed but increased the research penalty for researching ahead of time. This was done to specifically slow down majors (who can afford to research ahead) and speed up minors.

As Hagar stated, we have to review this for 1.04. For example, in 1.02 we cannot accelerate research long after historical time beyond a factor of 1.5. This may be changed in 1.04.

T.
I played a few games with 1.03 and at least in this version teching seems realistic. As USA I am at 90% investspeed and still have to focus my tech advance heavily - I am lagging behind in both air and air doctrines and have only researched two or three tank techs (not a single model except for early L-ARM division) in 1940. Granted, early US tech teams are not supposed to be great, but at least for USA it feels realistic.

Guess I will have to run a few games as GER and check the results there. :)

About France:
I also noticed that the AI needs plenty of time to annex Poland. The germans spent more than a mounth until they had finally finished them - and if it wouldn't have been for the SU occupation event, it could well have been another one. I also noticed that the advance on the first days was basicly non-existent. While I am used to see several provinces fall in this time, the germans actually made no progress at all and even LOST one in Slovenia. :D

About France:
I also noticed that the AI needs plenty of time to annex Poland. The germans spent more than a mounth until they had finally finished them - and if it wouldn't have been for the SU occupation event, it could well have been another one. I also noticed that the advance on the first days was basicly non-existent. While I am used to see several provinces fall in this time, the germans actually made no progress at all and even LOST one in Slovenia. :D

That's interesting. I played maybe twenty games in tesing and GER typically rolled through POL in around three weeks. There was a good deal of variabilty, however, with the earliest conquest being 11 days and the latest more than two months (when the Poles retreated into a big stack in Warsaw and the ai baulked at tackling them).

Since, historically, the partition didn't occur until 29 Sept. it seems that the schedule isn't too far off.

the germans actually made no progress at all and even LOST one in Slovenia. :D

Slovakia. :p

Slovenia even thought of changing their flag because they are too similar, despite a thousand miles of difference.

I feel foolish asking and I realize I must be missing something simple, but I am having a problem when I got to install. I have a fresh 1.2 version of AoD installed, I download the Core Intsaller and start the install process, go with the default AoD location, however when I choose 'next' it's telling me the destination folder mustn't have any of the following characters: / : * ? " < > |

I am not doing anything out of the ordinary and have tried installing on both of my systems but have the same problem. Can anyone advise what the (almost certainly simple) thing I'm missing here?

Haven't the foggiest to be honest. Must be something in your 'default directory name' if I have to guess. Did you try installing AoD in a different directory, and go from there (or make a copy of the basic AoD install)?

I feel foolish asking and I realize I must be missing something simple, but I am having a problem when I got to install. I have a fresh 1.2 version of AoD installed, I download the Core Intsaller and start the install process, go with the default AoD location, however when I choose 'next' it's telling me the destination folder mustn't have any of the following characters: / : * ? " < > |

I am not doing anything out of the ordinary and have tried installing on both of my systems but have the same problem. Can anyone advise what the (almost certainly simple) thing I'm missing here?

I had this problem too. Check the beginning of your install location, on mine it had an extra C:\ Program Files on the beginning of the path which was causing the error.

I'm having another problem though - no scenarios appear in the single player. Any idea why this is? I have AoD installed in my Steam directory and I installed CORE to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arsenal of democracy, but when I start the game and enter single player there are no scenarios.

Steam issue, apparently...

Did you try running it from Steam?

EDIT: Clarification: Steam - Library, right click the game, properties, set launch options, type mod-CORE2.

Apparently this should fix matters... Added this tidbit to the first post as well.

Last edited:
I'd say it's the same problem... Are you using Steam as well? If not, could you verify your shortcut includes the mod-CORE2 parameter after the exe?

Hagar, FamousDog: Thank you both for the quick responses. I was able to work it out, as it was an issue with the directory and default directory names.

Everything looks great and started up a game as Germany last night. We'll see how that goes, as I haven't played much AoD as larger countries, certainly haven't played much of AoD the last 3 months and have never tried CORE before.

Really looking forward to it

The normal shortcut for CORE is something like:
"C:\Games\Arsenal of Democracy\AODGame.exe" mod-CORE2

Steam users need to enther the extra launch option 'mod-CORE2' manually it seems. But, since I don't have Steam myself, I don't know exactly how that works...

thanks i knew that but the problem is that when i attempt to install aod it say that it cant install in folder that have /'; like a bunch of symbols like that so thats what i was asking about

We had a report about that one on the Terranova forums I believe - either the default directory was off, or is having a '/' at the end. Epaminondas might know more of it AFAIK, if needed.

A similar thing happened to me at one point and I think it was because the default installation line ended with a '/'. As I recall I was able to fix it by manually removing this before installing CORE. Not to handball it on further, but Acesandeights recently resolved the same issue - "I was able to work it out, as it was an issue with the directory and default directory names."

Maybe if my idea is off the mark we can pm him to get the fix.

I cant get it work it also brings me blank scenario window in game. Even i have the parameter added in Steam.

All this is facts

- Im using the newest version of Arsenal of Democracy
- Steam Version
- Set parameters mod-CORE2
- Reinstalled game 2 times (including deleted all "remaining things")

I can see the Core picture when i start the game but does not work because of missing scenarios

I really would like to try this mod but seems that something is wrong, and i would like to know what.

Last edited: