• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
At last! ^_^
~cheers~

Just to add my 0.02 €...

When testing CORE on 1.02, we all felt that research felt realistic with 10 slots. Very late in the testing we added some research speed but increased the research penalty for researching ahead of time. This was done to specifically slow down majors (who can afford to research ahead) and speed up minors.

As Hagar stated, we have to review this for 1.04. For example, in 1.02 we cannot accelerate research long after historical time beyond a factor of 1.5. This may be changed in 1.04.

T.
I played a few games with 1.03 and at least in this version teching seems realistic. As USA I am at 90% investspeed and still have to focus my tech advance heavily - I am lagging behind in both air and air doctrines and have only researched two or three tank techs (not a single model except for early L-ARM division) in 1940. Granted, early US tech teams are not supposed to be great, but at least for USA it feels realistic.

Guess I will have to run a few games as GER and check the results there. :)

About France:
I also noticed that the AI needs plenty of time to annex Poland. The germans spent more than a mounth until they had finally finished them - and if it wouldn't have been for the SU occupation event, it could well have been another one. I also noticed that the advance on the first days was basicly non-existent. While I am used to see several provinces fall in this time, the germans actually made no progress at all and even LOST one in Slovenia. :D