• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they will add some new provinces to "Sahel" to connect West with East of Middle Africa...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahel

it would fit great for inland republics/Trade/Caravans/Slavery related DLC

The Sahelian kingdoms were a series of monarchies centered in the Sahel, between the 9th and 18th centuries. Their wealth of the states came from controlling the trans-Saharan trade routes across the desert, especially the slave trade with the Islamic world. Their power came from having large pack animals like camels and horses that were fast enough to keep a large empire under central control and were also useful in battle. All of these empires were also quite decentralized with member cities having a great deal of autonomy. The first large Sahelian kingdoms emerged after AD 750, and supported several large trading cities in the Niger Bend region, including Timbuktu, Gao, and Djenné.

The Sahel states were limited from expanding south into the forest zone of the Ashanti and Yoruba as mounted warriors were all but useless in the forests and the horses and camels could not survive the heat and diseases of the region.

750 AD so it meets full game timeframes

Last edited:
Reactions:
One thing to point out? You realize the College of Cardinals actually burdens the game more than all of India? Yes?
Uh huh. And that's why China would, indeed, be too much! :)

Only if they don't find a way to make things less burdensome. Like, say, removing most records of dead characters X generations back that have no cildren so that's not clogging up the memory, for starters.

I hope they will add some new provinces to "Sahel" to connect West with East of Middle Africa...

I may be a proponent of China, but I would hardly complain about more in the Sahel, researching, I see a good number of Empires. Add some tough tribals too and voila!

Last edited:

Imagine a Christian China, how that would go for game performance then :p

I may be a proponent of China, but I would hardly complain about more in the Sahel, researching, I see a good number of Empires. Add some tough tribals too and voila!

Having Kanem there would give more than muslim vassal count west african to play in 1066. Around that time, there would be a rebellion which would place Muslim dynasty into ruling position.

Shomehow I think people would intentionally avoid that...
Just as we intentionally try to avoid HRE world conquest. Or Jewish HRE. :D

It would be gread, especially if it is connected with such a DLC.

Well, in 750 there were the first of those and we hardly know anything about them, except that they existed. OTOH, there are some nice sources... and much of the research was done in mods [self promo on] particulary SWMH, which went far beyonf Wikipedia[self promo off]

Having Kanem there would give more than muslim vassal count west african to play in 1066. Around that time, there would be a rebellion which would place Muslim dynasty into ruling position.
There are many more very interesting places, especially if there is Inland trade DLC - Jenne, Gao, Ghana and in between the Hausa merchant states... and the Berber tribes of the Sahara could also be interesting for some...

Status
Not open for further replies.