• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't even know that i can use the console, I swear.

I will play the game again and let it run from 1936 to 1939 to see if France neutrality drops to 0.

So I played the game again, 0 neutrality 10 April 1939 (after the event UK guaranteeing Independence of Poland). Maybe it's my game or a game bug but I didn't cheated.

Last edited:
I don't have precise numbers on head , maybe the industry situation is correct , but France is really underpowered in leadership in this game ... just to ensure german AI can beat them quickly!

What we mean by cheating, is that you opened console ( ` ) and typed in ''noneutrality'' so you could attack all these countries.

That and the thing where he reloaded due to a, from his point, useless UK invasion of northern Germany etc.

-I explained why I reloaded the game, I you don't agree with it, don't read this AAR. You could have stopped at the third post where I explained it. I honestly tell you that I have cheated, if you don't like this it's not my problem.

I don't even know that i can use the console, I swear.

I will play the game again and let it run from 1936 to 1939 to see if France neutrality drops to 0.

So I played the game again, 0 neutrality 10 April 1939 (after the event UK guaranteeing Independence of Poland). Maybe it's my game or a game bug but I didn't cheated.

-For the neutrality issue, as I explained already twice, I didn't cheated and in my game France has 0 neutrality in 1939. (I tried twice, not from a save game) And I will not re-install the game just to check it.

I have noticed that neutrality seems to plummet very quickly whenever I play a game from 1936. Ive had Italy with 0 before the outbreak of war before and I was playing multiplayer so no cheats. I'd suggest people check this out because neutrality seems to fall faster than in older versions of HOI3

At the request of leazriz, I've checked French neutrality in my CCGG game and it is indeed 0 as of September 1939. In that game, I have the option to declare war on Spain for Conquest, Democracy, or Puppet goals. (This would be foolish of me, since I don't have anywhere near the necessary forces to hold the western front while attacking Spain. As detailed in my AAR, I believe a Spanish attack over the Pyrenees could crush me and am relying on diplomatic influence to keep them out of the Axis.) Highest threat is Germany, and it's enormous, but then again, we're already at war. My spies have been raising national unity this entire time, so there's no way they could have been lowering neutrality.

In the stock Blitzkrieg scenario itself (also September 1939), French neutrality is 19. Highest threat is Japan, at 0.25, and no other nation has a nonzero threat score... not even Germany. It's very peculiar. Allowing time to advance from that starting point, the usual suspects go up in threat and French neutrality goes sharply down. By mid-November, French neutrality is 0 and France can declare war on Nationalist Spain, just as above. French domestic spies were on counterespionage duty the entire time and could not have lowered neutrality. Unfortunately, there is no mouseover breakdown of effects on neutrality.

There are two other issues that immediately sprang to mind when considering an aggressive, tank-oriented France: manpower and fuel. I checked some manpower numbers and was a bit surprised to find the 1939 scenario and my own 1939 game not ruling out the possibilities in this AAR. Italy really does have around 200 brigades at the time, and France can probably put together 400 with more focus on it. (I didn't research Agriculture etc. as much as I could have, I spent a lot of IC on static defenses, and I left a considerable amount of manpower in the pool for reinforcements. All of these differences reflect a more defensive strategy, of course.) As for fuel, it's much harder to say, since overrunning enemy depots can make all the difference.

I have obtained these results in Steam HoI3 3.05 UBYY/WBYY (checksum varies; reason unknown) with SF and FtM. No mods, no console commands. (I have Dies Irae: Gotterdammerung, but it's not activated. Last I heard, it didn't work with FtM.) I used to have a custom trident flag for Germany when I was doing Dönitz, but I don't think this is the same install I was using then. Can't see how that would change what I got anyway, but you never know.

I was surprised to be asked about this. I'm not an authority on anything involved, and the numbers are there for anyone who cares to look, although I suppose I can demonstrate that an AAR played from 1936 to 1939 exhibits effects similar to those seen when starting from 1939. Glad to be of service if indeed I have been, but this sounds like one for the devs, not a player.

This would have been posted a bit more than 5 hours ago, but the forum ate the version I wrote at lunch, and I didn't have time to recreate it until now. Never trust that "auto-saving" indicator, no matter how many times it appears.

First thanks for answering so quickly.

-I asked you because I just needed your neutrality level, I was surprised that France has 0 in 1939. Thinks were quite hot here, and sometimes I was a little angry...(cheating issues)
-I will report the neutrality problem in the thread about the next patch.
-For the checksum, I tried to install mods and I deleted map/cache several times.

Tanks all for reading my AAR, even if sometimes we didn't understand each other.

I don't because if i want to invade USSR, it would be easier not to have Poland in my way.

I don't knows if I stop the game here or if I continue until the fall of the Axis or if i attack USSR. The war against Romania, Hungary and Japan will not be very challenging but USSR is a big piece.

It is.

Your AAR actually gave me the inspiration for my own game...ok I did it differently Italy and Spain came after Germany, but I was able to take France from;
HoI3_1666.jpg

HoI3_1701.jpg

If I wasn't going to run out of fuel, it would be perfectly possible. If I had 'gamed the game' and gone for Persia, Saudi, Iraq etc. then maybe I could have taken this back to Moscow. Was a challenge and a half, but possible.

I can't comment on crazy neutrality drops, I didn't note what mine was like when I declared war on Italy, but low enough. Still I'm not that bothered. From the get go this [your AAR] was a 'game AAR' without any real nod to history.

I think armoured france does work against the Soviets. I found that many of my divisions simply 'walked over' a lone soviet division, and it wasn't until they started racking up that things slowed. My advice might be don't go for the Balkens! While that's where I had my best successes, that was because I was attacking. I think going from Poland to the marshes of Belorussia might be smarter, then going for the push across Ukraine like a German game...of course you'll have the oil, so unlike my game. You should be able to get to Moscow.

However I was gamey to get here, overruning divisions.

Note: The 1st Screenie is 100% non-gamey, no uber naval landings, no overruning AI army control, no massing the airpower (although I did take it off automatic to break the German Westwall with log.bombing). The Second war with the Soviets (2nd screenie) was 100% gamey, with me DOWing Spain for no reason and full manual control of my forces.

Last edited:
I don't have precise numbers on head , maybe the industry situation is correct , but France is really underpowered in leadership in this game ... just to ensure german AI can beat them quickly!

Yes, it happens the same as in China, China is underpowered so that
Japan gets an easy victory on them. It is a question of gameplay. If
Japan or Germany do not get strong enough there is no challenge
in the game.

-I explained why I reloaded the game, I you don't agree with it, don't read this AAR. You could have stopped at the third post where I explained it. I honestly tell you that I have cheated, if you don't like this it's not my problem.

My comment was meant in connection with your comment about the game not being challenging enough at some point.

Okay, leazriz, sorry for accusing you for cheating. I see that you didn't use ''noneutrality''

But how in the world did you get so big and technologically developed army in 3 years?

In 3 years I think you are talking from 1936 and 1939 ? Well no upgrades (didn't have IC to spare, infantry for defense so they don't need it and armor build with the available tec (1938 for medium tanks) and I focused on doctrines), all IC to production, armor build as reserve units, mobilization 5 months before the war to get ready, I needed more than 100 IC in reinforcements. Also, a low neutrality means a very low need for consumer products.

Ps: all the armor were not ready in September 1939 and I build infantry divisions because there were cheaper

Last edited: