• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ganso said:
Can I join in the fun?
I've uninstalled CK (heresy!) so i'll have to download all those thingies but if the time is still 5 CET (4 GMT) then i'm game.
Have you guys decided on what type of starting power for the players(county, duchy, etc)?
I could see, if we are a small group, a interesting game in which all belong to the same kingdom but each with a county, for example England or Germany.

Cheers

I was thinking I might play either an italian dutchy or the Kingdom of Georgia.

I think playing dutchies of a major kingdom could be fun, and would offer much in the way of rp opportunities. I'd suggest Germany for such a purpose, for the reason that its central location is good for us to expand from as we build up to our own kingdoms...

Sorry you can't join us Shuma. I'll look forward to seeing you on session 2.

fasquardon

Hehe, yeah I was wondering about why CSK isn't on the list.

By all means, do start without me rsobota. As I pointed out when we were deciding on a time, this schedule works for me in general, only this Saturday was a bit tricky. Although I tried to work it out so I can play, in fact I did work it, but my landlady decided on VERY short notice to kick me out of the apartment one day earlier, so it realy can't be helped.

As I gathered, it was agreed to play duchies, and none of those big juggernauts with several duchy titles. Although the idea of all players being in one kingdom does have it's interesting points, I think it's best to spread out a bit to make room for expansion.

CSK is playing Alania, rsobota is playing Catalonia i think? If you would be so kind to accept me from the second session on, I would like if you left me Tulouse.

It wouldn't be bad if some rules were set concerning crusades and DOWing other players, I suggest you look into the Ultima Ratio Regnum rules if you want to.

Anyway, good luck tommmorow and have fun.

Hey, could somebody tell me how to install multiple copies of CK using the downloaded version from Gamersgate? I've heard that people have done it before but when I tried I was just given the options of (1) repairing the file, and (2) modifying it. Thanks!

EDIT: This is so I can play in this MP game, as I'm currently involved in a MP game using the unmodded version of the game.

All mods and stuff installed. :)

If possible I'll take the Duchy of Nyitra.

Okawoa said:
are we playing with the BOP_prov_events, BOP_hist_events and BOP_char_events?

anyhow, is CET of 5PM equal to 4PM on GMT (i'm British)

Yup. CET is GMT +1. ;)

Manstein16 said:
Hey, could somebody tell me how to install multiple copies of CK using the downloaded version from Gamersgate? I've heard that people have done it before but when I tried I was just given the options of (1) repairing the file, and (2) modifying it. Thanks!

EDIT: This is so I can play in this MP game, as I'm currently involved in a MP game using the unmodded version of the game.

I've been wondering about that. You just can't install a program that is already in the registry as installed. The only possible solution that comes to my mind is to, once you've installed the game, make copys of the game's folder. Then add whatever mods you want to whatever folder you want.

I can't even begin to describe how sad I am I won't be playing tommorow :( :( :(

In case you have problems tommorow with incompatible versions or something, I've made a compilation of IP2, BO-PACK and SMACK hotfix, with the event.txt and modtext.csv files properly added to eachother.

The rar has a folder in it, and you just need to copy the the contents of the folder into the CK main folder (I wanted to make it so you just extract the rar in the CK folder, but I messed up :wacko: ). I didn't put in the BOPACK graphics, to limit the size of the file, since you probably have them downloaded already. So you still need to install them after you put this in.

I haven't tested it, and I don't have the time now, but I think it should work.
But only use it if you have problems. Anyway, here's the link to filefront

IP2-BO-SMACK-PACK

Last edited:
Manstein16 said:

The way to do it is to re-name the copy of CK you have installed - say to CKumod, then go back to the install file, and select the repair option - which is really a re-install option. It will create a second CK with all the files you need. You can then call it CKmod. I've done this with EU2, and it's been quite successful.

fasquardon

Okawoa said:
I would be game, but by 5 CET you mean like 5AM in the morning or 5PM in the afternoon...

I would love to play:

Countie:Napoli :D
Duchy: Apulia or some random Russian one

I'm VERY looking forward to actually trying CK multiplayer

Seeing as how Georgia is too close to another player, I was rather hoping that I could play Apulia.

fasquardon

CSK said:
If I play Alania it would be better you play something different from Georgia, fasquardon.

Uhm, rsobota, could you include me in the players list?
Damn, I'm doing this immediately. I'm sorry CSK :eek:o. It would be nice if everyone could choose its own country now, to avoid delays during the gaming sessions. OK, Shuma, I hope you can play the next session :)! I will be Catalonia.

Welcome aboard Okawoa. You will be Apulia, ok? Or maybe fasquadron will play it...

All players, given how the game is close to happen, please post their definite choices as fast as you can to avoid confusion or delays during the play session

I've been wondering about that. You just can't install a program that is already in the registry as installed. The only possible solution that comes to my mind is to, once you've installed the game, make copys of the game's folder. Then add whatever mods you want to whatever folder you want.

This is by far the best solution to this problem. You will still be able to play both games without any problems, and you can just delete all extra mods in case you have to reinstall CK.

I can't even begin to describe how sad I am I won't be playing tommorow

Sorry Shuma, maybe next time ;) .

I'm eager, and nervous about this game. It's my first MP experience and the worst that can happen is my game crashing during gameplay :( .

Draft for Rules

And at last, we should discuss the technical rules for the game. Anyone there has any ideas to balance gameplay? Here are my suggestions, regarding mainly the Crusades and waging wars against heathens in general:

1. No extensive grabbing of heathen territories in the Middle East, Africa and the area around the Aral Sea. This restriction does not include Russia.

2. In case of Crusades centered on the territories mentioned above, only Crusade objectives and whatever is needed to secure a strong basis around them should be conquered.

3. Avoid at all costs the Sheikdom of Opava. If there is some muslim territory isolated in Europe, then players have all the right to take it as fast as they can.

Well, that's the best I could imagine... Or we could just follow the rules of the Ultima Ration Regnum, but we should IMHO, have more specific rules for this game.

Last edited:
I've added a link to a good sunclock software which I personally use. I recommend all players to install it to clarify about playing times we may choose and to prevent repetitive questions on this board.

Ok, just to confirm:

Ganso - Duchy of Nyitra

;)

I'll take one of the Germanic duchies if they haven't been taken yet. I'm not picky...Osterreich and Saxony come to mind, although I don't know much about the individual duchies, so if I'm thinking of one that is a uber-duchy, just let me know. Any advice on the best German duchy for this game? Best as in, it won't provide an unfair advantage.

Even though i'll be playing an evil, Norman overlord... fine Apulia it is... Napoli is something you do on single player

OKAWOA-APULIA

EDIT: Is it fine, to colonize the black sea though? Say If I snatch Crimea because Genoa did it in RL ... :D

EDIT:EDIT: Okay :eek:o here is what I got...

105pack1 -INSTALLED
105pack2b -NOT INSTALLED (Should I?)
bopack_evt_eng -INSTALLED
bopack_gfx_1 -INSTALLED
bopack_gfx_2 -INSTALLED
bopack_gfx_3 -INSTALLED
bopack_gfx_4 -INSTALLED
bopack_gfx_5 -INSTALLED
SMACKv3 -INSTALLED
SMACKv3-Hotfix -INSTALLED

Last edited:
Okawoa said:
Even though i'll be playing an evil, Norman overlord... fine Apulia it is... Napoli is something you do on single player

Don't feel obliged for my sake :p

I'll go for Paphlagonia or Pereyaslavl then... At the moment I'm leaning towards Paphlagonia.

I rather like your rules for the crusades & heathen wars rsobota. The other rules of Ultima Ration Regnum are quite nice though. Particularly the rules for being on time.

Also we should probably have some mention of the two important maxims of multiplay somewhere:

1) Always be polite when speaking to your fellow players.

2) When you get screwed over, remember it's just a game.

fasquardon