• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I screwed up on the post before this last one. I forgot to include the obligatory search for him when the boat reached its final destination. Sorry about that. This last post is still valid, though.

Imperialism can be very good. I think that the United States has a responsibility to federate willing nations like Mexico and Liberia and bring them up to speed. That's why I've got the "Teach a man to Fish" quote in my sig. :)

1. Don't post in my Signature thread. Follow the instructions and PM me with your concerns.

2. The few Finns I've met? Not good experiences. You're not helping in this regard. (I can't remember if you said you were a Finn or not, the post was deleted by a kind mod.)

3. We will run Zombie Reagan under a new party. The isolationist elements of the GOP may become troubling further down the road, which is why we will run him under the new Zombie Imperialist Party. We get around the two-term limit by pointing out that he's a friggin' zombie, which should count as a second life. Though if you could not deduce this, I wonder if you will have the reasoning abilities needed to get far in this organization, if you do join. Though we do need a flag-waver. He holds the oversized Old Glory during meetings. And waves it.

Things do not look good for Hojo...

In any event, this AAR is excellent. I look forward to future updates.

And yes, following the rules of our Great Leader would be wise when dealing with the League.

anonymous4401 said:
1. Don't post in my Signature thread. Follow the instructions and PM me with your concerns.

2. The few Finns I've met? Not good experiences. You're not helping in this regard. (I can't remember if you said you were a Finn or not, the post was deleted by a kind mod.)

3. We will run Zombie Reagan under a new party. The isolationist elements of the GOP may become troubling further down the road, which is why we will run him under the new Zombie Imperialist Party. We get around the two-term limit by pointing out that he's a friggin' zombie, which should count as a second life. Though if you could not deduce this, I wonder if you will have the reasoning abilities needed to get far in this organization, if you do join. Though we do need a flag-waver. He holds the oversized Old Glory during meetings. And waves it.

O RLY??!?!o1nwoneeone?!1one

1) I’m afraid your post says to PM you to JOIN, not with concerns, and I only replied because there were other replies. So fuggoff.

2) I’m not a Finn. But how could you not like the Finns? They're so amicable! I’m American.

3) My issue with using Zombie Reagan is two-fold and has nothing to do with the two-term limit which I never mentioned yet you so immediately insulted me for by questioning my intelligence. First, if he is a zombie, he will have limited brain functions, pose a danger to foreign dignitaries and ambassadors and the like, and will smell very bad. None of that helps us achieve our imperial ambitions. Second, he wasn’t a good president the first time around, why would he be a good president the second time around with a rotting brain, regardless of new party? We need a bold, intelligent leader. A leader with the charisma and cunning and a cold, calculating mind to out maneuver all the other nations of the world. A leader who will placate the people of this country while looking like a good guy to the rest of the world. A leader like… Me.

1. You should have been able to tell the other replies were unwelcome.

2. That's nice.

3. The two-term limit thing was not a response to your concerns. And clearly you have much to learn of politics. Really, how far do you think an American Imperialist party would get off the ground in this day and age? We need to offer the American people something new (Zombie Reagan will actually be the first undead presidential candidate in US history), yet at the same time something harkening back to the good old days when we were winning wars around the globe. And not little wars like the Gulf War but big ones, like WWII or the Cold War. And face it, no one is going to elect a cripple these days, so Roosevelt is out. That really leaves only one choice. (Though technically the Soviet Union fell during GHWB, from what I hear he's still alive)

And really, this is only a tentative path, one of many that we can choose from to take power. If you have a better suggestion (that does not involve running you for President. None of us will be running for that office) you can join and suggest it at our meetings. That is, if your love of American Empire outweighs your petty political opinions, which is something I expect from all of my members.

:D

-Tripoli, Libya-
-Minutes later-

The pair reached the outskirts of the sand-colored city and a bunch of run-down brick buildings cracked from the heat of the sun and the chipping of the wind. The two remained mostly quiet during the journey there, and were now on foot again, alone. Abdul lead Hojo into his home, an unusually Spartan house. It did, though, to Hojo’s amazement, have a shortwave radio transmitter.

Originally, Hojo had highly doubted the man’s words and had planned to kill him, use his house, and leave before morning with whatever cash the man carried. However, it seemed that he may have been on the level after all. While certainly the safest thing to do for his own safety, it was also a very evil thing to do, and Hojo wanted to avoid resorting to such measures to save his own life until he had no other options.

“I will try to contact Washington.” Abdul announced, gesturing to the shortwave. “This may take a while, so if you wish to get cleaned up, I have a small bathroom in the next room. It’s probably not what you’re used to, you’ll have to heat the water yourself.”

Hojo nodded.

“Thank you, friend.” He said, vanishing to find the bathroom and wrestling with whether he would have to kill this man or not. As he left, he heard Abdul saying ‘Bah. Bah. Bah. Bah. Bah. Der. Der. Der. Der…’ into the radio in an effort to contact whoever he was going to contact. He was indeed a trained spy. Hojo felt glad that he hadn’t mugged the man right there in the alley he had pulled him into when they first encountered one another.

That feeling, though, vanished, ten minutes later, when Hojo was finally in a warm bath, and heavy footsteps filled the house, with Italians entering the Bathroom and aiming their submachine guns at the naked and defenseless Hojo with Abdul standing in the shadows of the hallway behind them, looking regretful but guilty. He had turned Hojo in. FUCK! Why hadn’t he just KILLED the sonofabitch?! Fucking conscience…

As Hojo was led away, dripping and naked, one of the officers stayed behind and said something in clumsy Arabic.

“And the money?” Abdul asked.

“Don’t worry, you’ll get paid. You did well! This man is wanted for espionage, over a dozen counts of murder, and who knows what else!” Answered the Italian man, before leaving. Soon after, a younger man appeared and counted out the bounty. Meanwhile, in the back of the car, flanked by Italian officers, Hojo quickly slipped the glass capsule into his mouth, sweating profusely as the officers lunged to foil his suicide attempt. As he bit down, the glass crunching painfully between his teeth, he tasted the intense flavor of the cyanide and heard a loud ringing in his ears even before he swallowed. For a moment, his felt as though in an awful dream, unable to wake but with a strong urge to and an overall sense of terror and frustration. Then the ringing in his ears faded, and he knew nothing anymore. He was dead.

-An hour later-

Abdul began signaling Washington again when he was sure it was safe to, and got a response much more quickly this time.

“It’s done. I’ve turned him into the authorities as you ordered. I’ve received what amounts to about two hundred American Dollars”

“Good. I realize it must have been hard to do that, but you did well. Hojo Kitta was a rogue agent, and was operating well outside of accepted protocol. He killed ten people! And those are just the ones we knew about! Besides, with the bounty money, you’ll be able to fund your operations even better. Good luck, Agent Whirlwind.”

Abdul felt a terrible queasiness in his gut, mixed with the intense guilt of what he had done, but merely said “Yes sir. Any word on when my operation begins?”

“None yet, you’ll be the first of the field agents to know, Whirlwind. But it will be very soon.”

partisansitaly12sl.png

(Money has been funnelled slowly into several agents in Italian occupied Libya, and the sleeping agents will soon be awoken to launch their deadly mission. Even Hojo was sacrificed as a dark offering towards the success of this mission, although, that was just corporate efficiency, since he had become a liability to the Americans anyway...)

(Hmm. That was the wrong picture. I thought I had one which said I succeeded in funding partisans in Tripoli.. Guess I messed up. Oh well.)

Last edited:
Sicilian Gap is a sea zone IIRC :|

-Fairfax, Virginia-
-November 19, 1938-

Colonel Cabberay watched the most stubborn dark orange leaves shake and clatter in the light breeze which had not yet joined the brown carpet of decaying leaves below. The mighty oak outside his office window was really something to behold in autumn, but its beauty had passed now as it was going to sleep for the winter. It did seem to go so fast; just a flash of beauty in between months and months of mediocrity. Although, for a moment Cabberay wondered if its briefness was what made him value its beauty. What if the greens of spring and summer were only a week or two long? Would he consider that more beautiful than the reds and golds of late fall?

Above all else in war, Cabberay valued speed. Speed and mobility conquered all, but there was a balance. Lightning fast butterflies would not be much use in war. He had to get highly trained, highly lethal men to move as fast as humanly possible – or in this case, inhumanly possible; that is to say, to use motor vehicles to move men faster than the enemy could react to them. He had originally pushed the idea of motorized cavalry based on some intercepted military orders to their own cavalry divisions. He had wanted motorized dragoons dropped behind enemy lines to encircle and disrupt, but so far he had been unable to find a way to do that with the technology available. So, for now he worked on stratagems for deploying these highly mobile forces along already-existing lines for a breakthrough. In any case, it all relied on good training, and he wasn’t convinced that the US Army could train a dog to fetch a paper, let alone men to fight and die in combat in an effective manner.

Shaking his head, he went back to typing.

ustech23qp.png

(The strategists of the United States continue to persue a speedy, mobile army and superior training to win wars. Only time will tell if this will be a viable doctrine.)

-Washington D.C., Maryland-
-January 3, 1939-

“Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. To be invited to speak at this prestigious event is no small honor for me, and I would like to begin by thanking you very sincerely for this opportunity. I see among this crowd some of the best known figures in American Politics. I can only Imagine how difficult it must be to lead our Great Nation through these difficult years when Europe is in growing turmoil and, true to our founding fathers, these heroic men lead us, trying to keep our peace loving people from being sucked into the gaping maws of foreign wars.

Our rivals do not make this easy, I know. Each day they send spies and agents to subvert and corrupt our pure nation, already, an amazing forty traitorous, scheming, backstabbers to liberty and justice sit in our prisons, but no punishment will erase their evil work, only the leadership of the great men among us can do that.

Our nation is split right now, some wanting war, others wanting peace. And who can blame either side? No mother wants her son to go off to war, sentenced to possibly years of terrible worry every day; and yet no one wants the world to walk over our nation like Germany has walked all over their treaties and promises. At some point we have to take a stand. When is that point? That, I believe, is what we will be discussing this evening.

Now is not a time to be divided as our enemies plot against us. Now is a time to be united behind our leaders. I am confident in their ability to lead us away from danger while at the same time not allow any nation to push us from the dangerous path we have been forced to walk. If any can do it, I believe in my heart that they can. Thank you.”

-Senator Jacob Brown during one of his more moderate Pro-Hawk/Interventionism Speeches for which he had become well known since his dark horse victory last year.-

(The efforts of a growing number of people like Senator Brown of Maryland are slowly eating away at America’s long-standing isolationist policies.)

Why are the matching categories of some of your techteams highlighted but not the others? :confused:

anonymous4401 said:
Why are the matching categories of some of your techteams highlighted but not the others? :confused:

huh? i guess he selected a tech to research so they are highlighted? so did you go hawk or interventionalist?

Dweomer said:
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY RULEZ!!!(BECAUSE OF ABE SIMPSON)
and
WONDERFUL SOMETHING
WONDERFUL EVERYTHING
AND ALL OTHER WONDERFULS TO YOUR AAR
THAT'S ENOUGH

:rofl: :cool: :cool: :cool: :(
(I'M SURE YOU THOUGHT I FORGOT ADDING THE SMILIES) :rofl:

KuzuX's back!