• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You know, it very nearly was. I decided against it when checking for typos.

Great minds...

I have nothing prepared at the moment, so immediately is out of the question I'm afraid. If you want stuff in quick succession, June will be brilliant (hopefully) – though I'd rather like to have this election wrapped up before then anyhow.

I am intrigued to see what happens, either or suits me.

If you fancy invigilating mine, I shan't object.
laugh.gif

I'm afraid I wouldn't be of much actual help!

at the Victoria forums are open again, and seeing that I am on holiday, I may well be able to have an update done sometime soon. I had had the idea of holding it back until the actual general election to make it a tad more topical.

Did you mean 2020 there by any chance? :p

Well! I just finished this!

Quite the marvelous AAR-I love how detailed the political situations are, and I've learned a lot about the British system that I didn't know before. I must protest letting the French land on British soil, but I think everyone has been over that. :p

Anyway, looking forward to an update!

Day 22: I emerged from the undergrowth of parchement into the light of day after being trapped in a second reading of a riveting series of informational pages. Further study pending
- Sir Gorgan The Slayer, Explorer of The Biography of Great Men

Well! I just finished this!

Quite the marvelous AAR-I love how detailed the political situations are, and I've learned a lot about the British system that I didn't know before. I must protest letting the French land on British soil, but I think everyone has been over that. :p

Anyway, looking forward to an update!

Thanks for ploughing through! I'm always heartened to hear of people who make the effort. (And, to be frank, it is an effort for the first few chapters.)

As for the French invading, as you mention, it's been covered and re-covered ad nauseam, but it was actually (and paradoxically – pun completely intended) the best decision tactically. The Prussians and the Russians were tied up with each other in Poland, which left me to face the French. I was in no position to face their whole army on their soil, so, after a few practice attempts where I tried in vain to launch an invasion from Brittany, I lured them into England and split their army in half with the Royal Navy. It was inelegant, but it worked eventually.

Day 22: I emerged from the undergrowth of parchement into the light of day after being trapped in a second reading of a riveting series of informational pages. Further study pending
- Sir Gorgan The Slayer, Explorer of The Biography of Great Men

"Sir Gorgan, I presume?" :p

As for a new update, I actually have had the graphics ready for a while now. Being away from home has prevented and will prevent me from hammering out 3,000 words, but I hope to be able to soon enough. Expect something by the end of August.

I must say this is a very unique AAR. Creating so much out of what little internal politics the game gives you. I really admire the graphics and work you put into this Densley. Keep it up!

Thanks for ploughing through! I'm always heartened to hear of people who make the effort. (And, to be frank, it is an effort for the first few chapters.)

As for the French invading, as you mention, it's been covered and re-covered ad nauseam, but it was actually (and paradoxically – pun completely intended) the best decision tactically. The Prussians and the Russians were tied up with each other in Poland, which left me to face the French. I was in no position to face their whole army on their soil, so, after a few practice attempts where I tried in vain to launch an invasion from Brittany, I lured them into England and split their army in half with the Royal Navy. It was inelegant, but it worked eventually.

"Sir Gorgan, I presume?" :p

As for a new update, I actually have had the graphics ready for a while now. Being away from home has prevented and will prevent me from hammering out 3,000 words, but I hope to be able to soon enough. Expect something by the end of August.

The man stands up before casually raising his hands to his face, "I see I have let my beard grow most untidy, and my mustache is in need of a waxing, Good day to you sir" The Man tips his top hat at the Author before walking of cool and collected, "Amanda, Prepare my razor and some tea, this could take a while"

(great to hear a new update is nearly ready, I can't wait to read it :) )

I must say this is a very unique AAR. Creating so much out of what little internal politics the game gives you. I really admire the graphics and work you put into this Densley. Keep it up!

Thanks Nick! Glad to hear you've enjoyed it so far. :)

(great to hear a new update is nearly ready, I can't wait to read it :) )

I hope not to disappoint. :)

Get back to work!

Only because you've turned up again! :p

Glad you're back for the restart.

This is likely not the news everyone is holding out for (though I like to think of it as still being good news,) but I've started a new AAR for Darkest Hour – as Britain, naturally. If anyone wishes to join me before things get started, then the new project can be found here.

Otherwise, I of course remain committed to continuing this. If anything, having a new place to focus my writing should reenergise my writing more widely. Just don't expect things to massively speed up any time soon. :p