• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ForzaA said:
AI portugal continually declining vasalisation, now THAT was annoying :mad:

Hopefully, Aragon will be able to catch up in technology a bit before we have to fight the Evil English....
So, the Aragon king choose to fight England eh?, so the friendship between Aragon and England ends here. That is very unfortunate, for Aragon :p

The English king demand that the current trade embargo on England will end asap, or England will be forced to make it happen by force.
If the Aragon king refuse, England will start to trade embargo him. England didn't embargo Aragon yet because we hoped for a peaceful solution in the conflict.

By this England have also decieded to stop the Aragon attempt to vassalize Portugal. Portugal shall remain free.
The new portugese king is free to join the English alliance that will protect them from Aragon oppression.

The English king is also open to a new policy regarding italy, maybe it's time that the italian people rule it's own people? :eek:

Fredrik82 said:
The English king is also open to a new policy regarding italy, maybe it's time that the italian people rule it's own people? :eek:

Does that mean the English would support Venetian claims on Ialy? We have been concentrating on our colonias in S America recently, but have not totally given up on our Italian ambitions....

PJL said:
Does that mean the English would support Venetian claims on Ialy? We have been concentrating on our colonias in S America recently, but have not totally given up on our Italian ambitions....
The Venetian doge is welcome to contact the English king in london for further disscussion :)

Fredrik82 said:

Aragon is as Italian as Venice is... If not more..

Fredrik82 said:
So, the Aragon king choose to fight England eh?, so the friendship between Aragon and England ends here. That is very unfortunate, for Aragon :p

I never said I chose to fight England..... I said "before we have to" and I need to catch up ESPECIALLY compared to England, as England has the highest tech

EDIT: I'm happy that it seems we have a Portugal now - though I can't say I'm happy with the way it happened (Obviously- I would not have been sending gift upon gift to an AI'ed player nation)

ForzaA said:
I never said I chose to fight England..... I said "before we have to" and I need to catch up ESPECIALLY compared to England, as England has the highest tech
Good, then drop you'r embargo asap to avoid conflicts.
As have been proven before, England is a beliver in free trade, we request Aragon to drop the embargo or war will be unavoidable.

Back...apparently i missed an interesting session.

reviewed stats and checked save. To my sub, you have done a very good job. I appreciate your help in handling france in my absence.

It appears the cronies of Luther have allied against the proud catholic nation of france. England now targets the catholic nation of Austria and threatens catholic Aragon. She attempts to divide the catholic world as her demon idol Luther had in centuries past. I strongly erge the catholic nations of portugal and Venice to ignore england's offers.

The french king recognizes the legitimacy of the followers of Calvin and of the Russian Czar.

Fredrik82 said:
Politics aint that easy i'm afraid :p
The Aragon king's suddenly turn to become more anti-england make the English king belive that Venice is a more appropriate ruler of Italy.

Judging from current events in italy [RL], those in northern italy view their southern brothers as inferior. Why not let them continue their prosperous existance under the rule of aragon ~ a nation which has not abused them

Owen said:
2000 to 2330 CET on Thursdays. Sorry for my Swedish friend confusing you.

That's ok with me, I am available to play Portugal if you will have me.
My ICQ is: 195-035-443

Fredrik82 said:
By this England have also decieded to stop the Aragon attempt to vassalize Portugal. Portugal shall remain free.
The new portugese king is free to join the English alliance that will protect them from Aragon oppression.

The Portuegese king is pleased that England wishes to ensure Portugals safety and he will regard England as a friendly nation, but he is reluctant to join an alliance before having seen the political situation and Portugals shape in the game.

ForzaA said:
Aragon is as Italian as Venice is... If not more..

Eh... no, not really... :p

EDIT: I'm happy that it seems we have a Portugal now - though I can't say I'm happy with the way it happened (Obviously- I would not have been sending gift upon gift to an AI'ed player nation)

Aragon will receive an economical compensation for that.

Barbarossa II said:
That's ok with me, I am available to play Portugal if you will have me.

Sure thing. :)

Barbarossa II said:
The Portuegese king is pleased that England wishes to ensure Portugals safety and he will regard England as a friendly nation, but he is reluctant to join an alliance before having seen the political situation and Portugals shape in the game.
Of course, Portugal will still have English support vs Aragon if they try anything. If portugal wish to seek English protection, alliance, then heavy English funding is to be expected. England have proved to be an loyal ally. We care of our allies. Ask Burgundy that first gained english maps over Asia and then later was given two COTs in Asia. And Portugal that gained 400 maps from England not so long ago, England gained 5 maps in the map trade :)

Portugal have always been considered as a Friend and we therefore care for them and offer support if they ask for it :)

Fredrik82 said:
Of course, Portugal will still have English support vs Aragon if they try anything. If portugal wish to seek English protection, alliance, then heavy English funding is to be expected. England have proved to be an loyal ally. We care of our allies. Ask Burgundy that first gained english maps over Asia and then later was given two COTs in Asia. And Portugal that gained 400 maps from England not so long ago, England gained 5 maps in the map trade :)

Portugal have always been considered as a Friend and we therefore care for them and offer support if they ask for it :)

I dont recall aragon showing any hostility towards portugal. On the contrary, aragon has appeared to be a loyal ally of portugal's for over 250 years.

*To the reinstated King of Portugal
The evil english lord is breeding hostility in europe, no doubt taking orders from satan himself. :D Luther was unable to penetrate the hearts of the portugese people, donnot allow one of his cronies to penetrate the heart of their king! :p

Philip II said:
I dont recall aragon showing any hostility towards portugal. On the contrary, aragon has appeared to be a loyal ally of portugal's for over 250 years.
There desperate attempts to vassalize Portugal and then later annex it show what "friendship" Aragon have towards Portugal, and that the Aragon king joined the austrian coalition put Portugal in a dangerous situation.

England will support a neutral Portugal too of course :)

Fredrik82 said:
There desperate attempts to vassalize Portugal and then later annex it show what "friendship" Aragon have towards Portugal, and that the Aragon king joined the austrian coalition put Portugal in a dangerous situation.

I'm sure Aragon only did those things in order to protect the Portuguese people, who were at the time without a proper king, against the evil Englishmen.

Hive said:
Eh... no, not really... :p

1) I have less other cultures than Venice
2) I have more Italian cores than Venice

I'm way more Italian than Venice :D

@barbarossa - we'll have to talk via ICQ sometime, do not listen to the slander spewed by the Vile English :rolleyes:

And I'm certainly more friendly towards Portugal than England is....

ForzaA said:
1) I have less other cultures than Venice
2) I have more Italian cores than Venice

Venice has it as it's main culture, though - you do not...
Venice has it's capital in Italy - you do not...
Venice have Italian rulers - you do not...