• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Less turmoil upon succession. Yes I know some successions resulted in revolts and civil wars - but not every single one of them.

Replace kingdoms of Britanny and Wales by a kingdom of Britannia encompassing both of them ( with king Arthur's CoA :)) Unite Welsh and Bretons and throw away Saxons and Normans...

IMO, this kingdom, unlike those of Britanny and Wales, would have a decent size and could prevent England,France or even muslims to get another crown too easily.

Every single one of your successions result in revolts? How'd you manage that?
Actually it's quite easy to have multiple revolts with Gavelkind or Primogeniture because you have no way of choosing who your heir maintains good relations with, so once he or she becomes monarch they may have -100 relations with all of their new vassals. This will almost always result in revolts.

Actually it's quite easy to have multiple revolts with Gavelkind or Primogeniture because you have no way of choosing who your heir maintains good relations with, so once he or she becomes monarch they may have -100 relations with all of their new vassals. This will almost always result in revolts.

I have been playing a game with Castille with Primogeniture (1.05c) it is now 1291. I haven't had a revolt yet and I generally keep my heir in court. I have many Dynastic vassals with claims. The worst that has happened is might revolt icon pops up. Some money and Honorary title fixes things.

a revamped Wallachia and Moldovia zone,the pechenengs were mearley raiders,not settlers,and should be represented like ones.

Didn't they live anywhere? The counties they hold are all Bulgarian or Vlach, and still Orthodox, so doesn't that fit the raider theme?

Suggestion : Have tooltip descriptions for religious heresies. Just because not everyone is supposed to know what a Bogomolist is. ^o^

Other suggestion, drop the fake "House of Godwin" dynasty. Harold Godwinson was member of the House of Wessex, House of Godwin never existed.

You can trace the origins of Harold, Tostig, Gyrth and Leofwin (sons of Godwin) back to the first king of Wessex Cerdic.

And fix the starting laws of England. Succession was Elective, and crown authority was low at best, given the hectic succession of Harold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Wessex

Yeah, plus a lot of Pechenegs and Cumans later settled in central and eastern Hungary. They were given a lot of land to graze on in exchange for defending the kingdom's eastern borders from outsiders. There are actually quite a few Cuman placenames in Hungary.

Suggestion : Have tooltip descriptions for religious heresies. Just because not everyone is supposed to know what a Bogomolist is. ^o^

Other suggestion, drop the fake "House of Godwin" dynasty. Harold Godwinson was member of the House of Wessex, House of Godwin never existed.

You can trace the origins of Harold, Tostig, Gyrth and Leofwin (sons of Godwin) back to the first king of Wessex Cerdic.

And fix the starting laws of England. Succession was Elective, and crown authority was low at best, given the hectic succession of Harold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Wessex
There's quite a big thread about England's succession law in the bug forum. Feel free to contribute to our argument there.

I don't agree with merging the houses of Godwin and Wessex though.

There's quite a big thread about England's succession law in the bug forum. Feel free to contribute to our argument there.

You consider them a distinct cadet branch? I can sort of agree, but they should at least be connected in with the rest of the family. As long as people keep saying that the father of Godwin was Wulfnoth, and Wulfnoth was of the house of Wessex, then they should at least get the connection.

Also, is your inbox full? Tried to answer your question.

A reroll name button - something to give us another randomly generated name if the one chosen for the child is not to our liking, but we still want one from the culture list, rather than manually typing in a new one (as some of us don't have accent keys :( )

Oh! and i just created a new thread (just about the law of england, because this is the most obvious one). I couldn't find the thread you mention with search on succession law, can you point it to me ?

I would like to have the Transfer Vassal command more efficient. When I'm getting negative relationship penalties because I'm the liege of something in their de jure county or duchy I would like to have a separate header for people under de jure so I don't have to scroll through 100 different barons and bishops when I want to transfer one castle or church.

About vassals, would it make sense to have the option, as a king, to transfer a vassal to another king ?
When you conquer something far away, like Jerusalem, you could wish to divide your kingdom, but as all the duchies your conquer are not always under the same De Jure Kingdom, when you give the crown to someone, it doesn't give away nearby duchies, would then revolt after a while, enforcing you to lower your crown authority if you surrender, and lots of issues down the road (as an independant duchy, it would get conquered by someone else etc.)

You consider them a distinct cadet branch? I can sort of agree, but they should at least be connected in with the rest of the family. As long as people keep saying that the father of Godwin was Wulfnoth, and Wulfnoth was of the house of Wessex, then they should at least get the connection.

Also, is your inbox full? Tried to answer your question.
For the purposes of CK II, yes -- think about the houses of Vermandois and Bourgogne, they're both technically junior branches of the house of Capet but they're different sides of the family with different territories, histories and agendas. There's no way I'd consider the house of Godwin as being of the senior house of Wessex; perhaps they are both of the house of Cerdic but if you go back far enough we can probably fit most European rulers into Charlemagne's dynasty. :D

Besdies, when it comes to the house of Wessex you want Eadgar and Margaret to be the only two surviving members -- that makes playing as them a hell of a lot more fun because the weight of the world is on your shouders (and loins). Look at my last post in the strange screenshots thread. ;)

My inbox says I have five messages left so you should be able to contact me. It may have been full yesterday though.