• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have another idea about to make religious Orders part of the game.

The Franciscans and Dominicans or Benedictians should be represented in the game. The ruler of a country (perhaps only kings or dukes) should be able to build them a church or a convent, in which there could be build a libraty or something similar to it. New Orders would need a permission by the Pope or become heretically. The Orders should give the country within a technology bonus and some more spiritual themes like the ideas in EU III. Perhaps a church holding could be given to a member of an Order, setting free new building possibilities in this holding and the opportunity to agree to a theological position. (Ok, the last thing might be too unserious for a PC game^^).

In analogy to this the Muslims should get the Law School's like Hanafits Hanbalits Schafiits and so on... working slightly different.

Also one should be able to decide, how to imprison a character: Either into the dungeon or the house arrest and the third thing. In my games, when I imprison a character he goes into the dungeon and suffers by bad health and the higher risk to die because of that. The player should have the opportunity to put the prisoner into house arrest.

Last edited:
I don't really like this... Thats not very historic. Look at all the independent states of the Rus. No one of them make itself to a kingdom. Also not one of the many historical Italian states etc.

Perhaps not historic for the time period, but how many Duchies fall within the borders of the modern Kingdom of Beligum? Bits of Flanders and Brabant perhaps?

I welcome the addition of more Titular Kingdoms. You have to remember that they are just Titular, and until they've survive for a hundred years they're in no way an equal to established Kingdoms. Granted they could cost more to make, I think that would balance things out.

I've tried compiling a list of wishes (some from this thread, some stuff I wish for myself) on my page - can I post the link here or is it forbidden? I'd like my list to be as complete as possible...

I would like to see a "fear factor" in executions. If I have that one vassal who is always giving me problems and even rebelling, I should be able to execute him to set an example to my other vassals. Yeah, it should have a relations penalty, but it should also have a factor of reducing the chances that other vassals will rebel.

Good idea. I always thought it was odd how everyones opinion dropped, thus leading to more chance of rebellion. I'm sure there would be some close to the monarch (**s-kissers or those with a low opinion of the executed) that would approve. The odd execution should set an example to any others considering to upset you. Perhaps, people's opinion of you when executing could go up or down depending on their opinion of the condemned. If the guys been nothing but trouble for the realm, many would be happy to see his head roll. I'm sure. Perhaps even by not executing a troublesome character (related or otherwise) some might view you as weak. (Queen Mary & Lady Jane)