• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. User Interface: I would really like to have an icon on a characters portrait in the general search screen that indicates if the person would except your invitation to court or not.

2. Mercenary and religious units: On one occasion, I retained a military order and had them sieging in spain. For whatever reason, they simply vanished and when I went to go rehire them they were greyed out. Searching for the character located them in France. Also, they had zero troops available. I had only just begun sieging and hadn't fought any battles yet. If another country can hire them out from you, you should get a warning, or if they are about to abandon you, you should get a warning about it, so you can prevent it.

3. Ideally, you should be able to expand further down the west coast of africa, and you should have access to provinces along the niger river (such as timbuktu and other historical settlements present in the early middle ages) via an event which occurs around 1300-1350 or so, depending on technology advances or something.

4. Similarly, it would be nice for there to be an event which allows you access to greenland and vinland to the west in north america.

Agreed, Brannart. Some sort of cultural modifier/check/requirement to invade places. I'd also like triggers for Holy Wars (for both sides) -- maybe a certain amount of piety requirement. Anything to stop all of North Africa being German culture / HRE by 1150.

I'd also like (in vanilla) culture buildings to be by province culture instead of liege culture, more of them, and for the Saxons to have huscarls instead of longbowmen.

I think the most annoying thing in the game is that the king give titles to his dukes´ count vassals. It is annoying to see that the king gives them ducal titles and then you must reconquer their lands. I think the king should not be able to his titles to the vassals of his vassals because that is a breach of the feudal contract.

1. User Interface: I would really like to have an icon on a characters portrait in the general search screen that indicates if the person would except your invitation to court or not.

Even better than that, although I have no idea if doable, would be an additional icon on the thumbs up/down icon to indicate that the character can change his decision positively if you bribe him (perhaps a gold coin?).

Even better than that, although I have no idea if doable, would be an additional icon on the thumbs up/down icon to indicate that the character can change his decision positively if you bribe him (perhaps a gold coin?).

That would probably get expensive to do

If I was a dev designing this, I would probably have three color schemes for a thumbs up thumbs down thumbs sideways with colors, green, yellow, red.

I don't know how they have the data model set up, but assuming they are using a sqlite database to manage the backend, they would just query to see if they would except an invite or not (which is probably calculated from a number of fields, rather then being a static field). If they will except right now, it's green. If it's within X number of favorite points away, it's yellow, all others are red, which would also include things like, if the person is a ruler, married to a ruler, or other arbitrary reasons why the person can't move not predicated on like / dislike.

I do like the idea though.

I want an option to send my daughters to a cloister to become nuns. No children and no claims in a succession if there is no male heir.
Very similar to the bishoprics where you send unwanted brothers, sons, nephews and uncles for the same effect.

The importance of battles should be increased and that of the sieges diminished. I find it strange to see all those armies running around Europe irrespective of the season, this in a period where most armies fought only during late spring - early autumn. There should be more incentives for the major armed forces to meet in a deciding battle at the beginning of the war (see Stanford Bridge, Hastings, Bouvines, Mazinkert, etc.) with the winner of that battle winning part or all of his war aims. This was, pretty much, the strategy of that time, while scorched earth was also practiced but it should have severe consequences on your country's economy.

Also, the prisoners caught in battle should not just go into your dungeon to satisfy a cruel ruler's fetish; they should be bargained with, be used as pawns in negociations, and their importance should also reflect their rank in more than just in their ransom money: if I capture the king of France or the Eastern Emperor, then I can force him/her to accept my claims without going around and sieging every little barony and country church in order to get that warscore percentage up.

This could either result in me winning the war and perhaps it might trigger even a civil war in that particular country, many nobles refusing to accept the shamed ruler as their liege.

Alternatively, the nobles of the enemy country could very well reject the treaty (depending of the regard in which the prisoner ruler is held by them), in which case the war will go on until the bitter end (or the capture of enough dukes and princes), with the additional objective of restoring the captured ruler on his erstwhile throne in order to guarantee my conquests.

There's lots of room for expansion both in the realm of diplomacy and in that of "diplomacy by other means" and it would be a pitty if it won't be used.

Being able to bribe, talk your way to titles and positions. If you have a de-jure claim on a county held by another Duke you should be able to go 'talk' to your king for his blessing in taking the land (Basically his permission for you to declare war despite crown authority). Also more Dynamic Kingdom creation, like asking the pope to crown you the King of Britanny if you lack the funds or peity but the pope adores you.

Peace Talks and Potential War Goals. If Warscore wont let an enforce demands but you don't want a white peace, give a 'open peace talks' option where you can work out what you get instead (like Hostages, Land, Gold or Religious authority) based on your diplomacy skill. That way if a Muslim declares war on you and you fight him and turn the tide with some allies you can demand a hostage or a county for your trouble instead of some gold that will just be used to hire mercenaries to take the county anyway. Based on contribution Allies should be able to be present at the talks to work out their own gains as well for their word to stand down. Makes no sense how someone who has 27 diplomacy can't talk to get what he wants.

Also, the prisoners caught in battle should not just go into your dungeon to satisfy a cruel ruler's fetish; they should be bargained with, be used as pawns in negociations, and their importance should also reflect their rank in more than just in their ransom money: if I capture the king of France or the Eastern Emperor, then I can force him/her to accept my claims without going around and sieging every little barony and country church in order to get that warscore percentage up.

This is already implemented. Capturing your primary enemy(the one who declared war on you or the one on whom you declared war) instantly gives you 100% warscore. I was once the King of a vast eastern realm and a two-county duke declared independence, caught a small levy of mine off-guard while I wasn't looking and somehow captured my ruler and forced him to surrender. Much rage was had.

That being said, I do agree that battles should give more warscore, especially when fighting larger realms. Destroying a single-county rebel's army nets you upwards of 20-40% warscore, which is okay, but slaughtering a hundred thousand invading Greeks in a dozen battles may only give a total of 2%, which is ridiculous.

1.) when one of your advisers die and you assign a new one he should inherit the job of the old adviser until giving a new job.
2.) the ability as a duke or king(empire) to see your own direct vassals on the map with some sort of icon, idk i just think it would help with management.
3.) expand orthodox church events (already mentioned, i know but i support it)

The importance of battles should be increased and that of the sieges diminished. I find it strange to see all those armies running around Europe irrespective of the season, this in a period where most armies fought only during late spring - early autumn. There should be more incentives for the major armed forces to meet in a deciding battle at the beginning of the war (see Stanford Bridge, Hastings, Bouvines, Mazinkert, etc.) with the winner of that battle winning part or all of his war aims. This was, pretty much, the strategy of that time, while scorched earth was also practiced but it should have severe consequences on your country's economy.

This could either result in me winning the war and perhaps it might trigger even a civil war in that particular country, many nobles refusing to accept the shamed ruler as their liege.

Alternatively, the nobles of the enemy country could very well reject the treaty (depending of the regard in which the prisoner ruler is held by them), in which case the war will go on until the bitter end (or the capture of enough dukes and princes), with the additional objective of restoring the captured ruler on his erstwhile throne in order to guarantee my conquests.

There's lots of room for expansion both in the realm of diplomacy and in that of "diplomacy by other means" and it would be a pitty if it won't be used.

Fraid it's going to be a PITY it WON'T be used as you're asking basically for a COMPLETE REWRITE of the game with all those details above included. Ain't gonna happen bub.....ask for something more SIMPLE and you might get your wish. ;)

Please let us name our grandchildren

Filter by dynasty only.

Filter by accept invite only.

Filter by trait.

Filter by has a claim.

Abdication.

Some mechanic for raiding. I'd like to be able to raise a personal levy of troops and ships that exist for the sole purpose of causing economic damage without a CB. Or give your marshall a "raid place x" command that would cause economic damage at a cost of levy depletion and cash maintenance. Opinion hit, piety hit, prestige hit, grants the target CB, whatever.

The ability to ransom prisoners that are not your vassals. IE I can ransom a French courtier if I'm Scotland.

Individual warscore and reward/penalty for each actor in a war, not just the principal.

Last edited:
We need something to help out Iberia. I don't care if it's a massive, Andalusian muslim blob or a massive Spanish christian blob, I just don't want the christian blob to be a French or German one.

Regarding the Reconquista in Iberia (but also for a bit Southern Italy), maybe the Iberian kingdoms could be scripted to be the leader of Hoy Wars against certain crusade targets in Iberia?
Obviously the other contributors should get some rewards too.

This shouldn't apply for the crusades in the Holy Land though, that is until the kingdom of Jerusalem is established.

Last edited: