• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks awesome. :( Sadly still waiting on HD3000 support.

Ah, this sounds amazing, and I'm very pleased to hear that the sales are going well, you truly deserve it! Crusader Kings 2 is Paradox greatest game to date, at least in my opinion. :D :D :D

Devs vult

At first, I was all "Wait, you're trying to look at 'latin-y' with using v's for u's, and then you use a u anyway..." and then I'm all "Oh, I see what you did there...

Also, I'm very interested to see what the grape icon is for. I'm really hoping there might be some rudimentary trade good implemented... (though how that would be directly related to a muslim DLC, I dunno).

Its as big an expansion as Deus Vult or Revolutions was in terms of content, so I wanted to use the word "expansion".. even though of everything from a spritepack to an expansion like Heir to the Throne is technically an DLC.
Yes, but "expansion" also bypasses the issue of whether players may feel "forced" to purchase something. If DLCs are supposed to be optional features not essential to gameplay, "expansions" should be how you deliver major new content that might significantly alter gameplay.

Yes, but "expansion" also bypasses the issue of whether players may feel "forced" to purchase something. If DLCs are supposed to be optional features not essential to gameplay, "expansions" should be how you deliver major new content that might significantly alter gameplay.

Then how about we rid ourselves of the synonym of 'DLC'. Let's call it 'DLE' - Downloadable Expansion. B]

I'm rather suprised. I thought for sure Pagans would be first due to them being easier to code/not taking as much time. It seems I was either wrong or Paradox is purposely messing with my mind.

New features in a patch?

This is unavoidable thanks to the new goal of modular DLC. If DLC is to be modular, all changes that are too central to the mechanics to exist in a vaacuum have to be patched in free.

Best example so far is the new crusade system (patched in free, would have required alot of extra work to exist non-universally) vs the ruler designer (clearly optional content, easy to sell separately without creating parrallel code bases).

Other future content thats easily sellable will likely include new ERE mechanics, playable Republics and Theocraties, etc. But any time they want to change the mechanical ground rules, it has to be patched in free or the modularity is lost.

Good luck with this project, Paradox. I'd have preferred differentiated Byzantine mechanics but it can wait :)

Awesoooooooooome! :D

i really hope better orthodox(specifically better rus and ERE) patch/expansion is next in line(due pagans being a smaller part of the fun imo). love the new gui as well. only thing on my list currently is SOME degree of trade mechanic, with war ruining trade in the general area.

Of course, it has to go on sale when I'm out of town and won't have access to my PC. :mad: Then again, it's something to look forward to when I get back!!! :D

i think that they can make some thing to our armies be mercenary armies, and we make some money when other lords hire our army
i think that will be cool

now i think of it, THIS should really be in the next oatch. allowing your personal levies to be hired by faction X, gaining you money but losing you soldiers.