• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
stop derailing the bloody topic gentlemen!

Now, to mr. paradox guy:

THANK YOU! One quick question though. You said dlc's will be available but what they do will only unlock IF you buy it. I guess that means, in this dlc's terms, that the changes in Muslims will come with a patch but to play as them you have to buy the dlc?

stop derailing the bloody topic gentlemen!

Now, to mr. paradox guy:

THANK YOU! One quick question though. You said dlc's will be available but what they do will only unlock IF you buy it. I guess that means, in this dlc's terms, that the changes in Muslims will come with a patch but to play as them you have to buy the dlc?

Yes, exactly! /ms paradox gal

personally, i have a very hard line about acceptable bonusses and unacceptable.

acceptable: reskin of thing X, forum icon, extra content for free but available for purchace in a month or so

unacceptable: exclusive content that never gets released/after so long that noone cares anymore, hard bonusses for quick buyers(i.e. start on elvel 10!), version X has content X, Y has Y ect.

not everyone has money to just buy what they like. i (lucky) generally have the money to buy games when i like, but are limitid by my damned parents restriction of 1 game a vacation, so i can generally not buy things when they come out. having preorder exclusive content punishes people hard, often unneeded hard. im ok with preorders getting a discount or so, like free content that non preorders can buy very soon. i just hate companies that heavly restrict buyers that dont preorder super collection editions for true fans only! its the reason i stopped playing TW games a lot. i still liek them, but dont expect me to rush for extra content anymore.

personally, i have a very hard line about acceptable bonusses and unacceptable.

acceptable: reskin of thing X, forum icon, extra content for free but available for purchace in a month or so

unacceptable: exclusive content that never gets released/after so long that noone cares anymore, hard bonusses for quick buyers(i.e. start on elvel 10!), version X has content X, Y has Y ect.

not everyone has money to just buy what they like. i (lucky) generally have the money to buy games when i like, but are limitid by my damned parents restriction of 1 game a vacation, so i can generally not buy things when they come out. having preorder exclusive content punishes people hard, often unneeded hard. im ok with preorders getting a discount or so, like free content that non preorders can buy very soon. i just hate companies that heavly restrict buyers that dont preorder super collection editions for true fans only! its the reason i stopped playing TW games a lot. i still liek them, but dont expect me to rush for extra content anymore.

How does that relate to this situation? The preorder bonuses were pretty small in this case.

How does that relate to this situation? The preorder bonuses were pretty small in this case.
it was delving on hypotheticals already actually, so it's rather off-topic in a sense
we really shouldn't derail this thread further though.

still, it does bring questions to mind:
how would it be implemented?
a) all new muslim mechanics (e.g. multiple wives) are in-game, but only DLC players can access it (along with events)? [this poses the question of exclusivity though - ie. you can just mod it and get basically part of the DLC for free]
b) all muslim mechanics and events come with the DLC, ergo those without it won't have it [this gives issues with MP games though, e.g. multiple wives again for the player with the DLC... how would the non-DLC owning player "see" this with his game]

Last edited:
its the reason i stopped playing TW games a lot. i still liek them, but dont expect me to rush for extra content anymore.

Although this is a little off-topic, all of the content in the TW games including pre-order bonuses, dlc, and expansions is available now (and has been for some time) for a much lower price than you would have paid if you pre-ordered. You can get the napoleon and empire tw games with all the stuff in a box set for £15 in the bargain section of game. The reason firms try to tempt people with bonuses is because they are charging at least double of what the game will be selling for in six months, and this is why day 1 sales are looked at with such interest by investors/owners/shareholders.

If you don't have the money to buy when things come out you will in fact get much more for your money than if you shell out immediately. Paradox is no exception. To be honest, I'm a little miffed about the special forum ;)

First of all I am glad that a new patch and DLC are coming out in the next month.

To all of those who think $9.99 is too much for the DLC,shame on you.Many people myself included spend more on Alcoholic beverages in a single night at bar/pub.At least with this DLC you should get more than a few hours of "entertainment".

As for being a "True Fan" or whatever label you want to give me.FINE!

I have enjoyed playing Paradox Games for about 10 years.Starting with EU1 and HOI1.I have bought many but not all of their titles. Some I have played more than others.For the most part I have enjoyed them all.

Paradox is a BUSINESS.Businesses are out to make money.If Business reinvests money in making a better product for me to buy I'm all for it.Thus I will support Paradox's new business model.Buy DLC's to support more patches/upgrades to game.

All the same I will continue to buy alcoholic beverages even if the product hasn't really improved in centuries..........

Already looking forward to Pagans and Republics :p

seriously though.. is there any chance we'll have a DLC that makes Replublics "officially" playable?

Although this is a little off-topic, all of the content in the TW games including pre-order bonuses, dlc, and expansions is available now (and has been for some time) for a much lower price than you would have paid if you pre-ordered. You can get the napoleon and empire tw games with all the stuff in a box set for £15 in the bargain section of game. The reason firms try to tempt people with bonuses is because they are charging at least double of what the game will be selling for in six months, and this is why day 1 sales are looked at with such interest by investors/owners/shareholders.

If you don't have the money to buy when things come out you will in fact get much more for your money than if you shell out immediately. Paradox is no exception. To be honest, I'm a little miffed about the special forum ;)

i was mainly pinting out how easy you can tick off costumers by simply bad policies with prepurchase ect. content. FOTS had 3 preorder clans, so EVEN preorders got penalised. i was alreayd shocked, and when the sendai clan became only from the battles i quitted.

i was mainly pinting out how easy you can tick off costumers by simply bad policies with prepurchase ect. content. FOTS had 3 preorder clans, so EVEN preorders got penalised. i was alreayd shocked, and when the sendai clan became only from the battles i quitted.

Seriously? Paradox has a very good track record when it comes to preorder bonuses, patch content, DLCs and expansions and still you guys complain... Jeeze, you just can't please some people no matter how what you do. Save the whinging for those companies who actually do screw you over with their extra content.

Note: this wasn't directed at the quoted poster, but to those who always seem to come out of the woodwork whenever an expansion or DLC is being announced by Paradox. Haven't they done enough right for you to realize that they're not out to screw you?

I have a question regarding the DLC. I don't know if it was asked earlier, but it seems as if the Shia Caliphate/Seljuks aren't Emperor status anymore, just Kings?
It looks like the Shia Caliphate has been demoted to kingdom-tier, yes (the same tier as the other religious states) but the Seljuks were always a kingdom in vanilla. They should be a proper empire though.

He is not playing as the Sunni/Shia Caliphate but the Fatimid Caliphate. This title is currently in game as k_fatimid but is not used in any way at the moment (at least to my knowledge). Perhaps they are attempting to set a more realistic Muslim starting scenario as the current one is historically inaccurate (the Fatimid Caliphate controlled most of Egypt at 1066).

Problem with that is that its quite clear that the muslim states have been renamed; apparently for the ruling dynasty. The Shia Caliphate in vanilla clearly was the Fatamid Caliphate, just with a different name. The basics of this is just that the Shia Caliphate has been renamed to the Fatamid Caliphate (check out the trailer to see how N. Africa has been renamed); I will be surprised if its the exact same tag as in vanilla.

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment:
Such an argument could easily be used to justify something vital to the game not being included except for pre-orders, which I'd argue would be punishing late adopters.
Not the case with CKII's release obviously, but the argument itself isn't very good.

For the love of God can we talk about the expansion pack instead of whining about DLC and DRM and all this other petty stuff?