• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whoa. Awesome. Given that trailer, maybe you *shouldn't* switch to the USA and destroy the Chimera. It would be an interesting twist to see your interviewer switch to writing his own memoirs as the enemy blitzes the Western Hemisphere.

Shonison said:
Whoa. Awesome. Given that trailer, maybe you *shouldn't* switch to the USA and destroy the Chimera. It would be an interesting twist to see your interviewer switch to writing his own memoirs as the enemy blitzes the Western Hemisphere.

I really don't think it matters who he plays. I hate to be a downer, but HOI2 just doesn't seem like it can model (even remotely) the capabilities of the Chimera. "Alien Invaders" are close, because they spawn endless numbers of units and increase rapidly in technology, but it's been a while since I tried the "Alien attack xxx" code. I don't think they'll invade overseas.

I think this AAR is better served being just the story, because I feel that trying to convert it into gameplay would take something away. A thorough mod on the other hand, may be able to play on the success and popularity of this AAR, and if the Chimera could be modeled accurately, then it could be the best mod... Ever.

Chicken said:
I really don't think it matters who he plays. I hate to be a downer, but HOI2 just doesn't seem like it can model (even remotely) the capabilities of the Chimera. "Alien Invaders" are close, because they spawn endless numbers of units and increase rapidly in technology, but it's been a while since I tried the "Alien attack xxx" code. I don't think they'll invade overseas.

I think this AAR is better served being just the story, because I feel that trying to convert it into gameplay would take something away. A thorough mod on the other hand, may be able to play on the success and popularity of this AAR, and if the Chimera could be modeled accurately, then it could be the best mod... Ever.

I don't understand how could it be fun. If you are the Chimera you would be so powerful that you could annex the world in one year.

And the only really contender would be the USA that would be so far away from the Chimera that you could only wait until you are powerful enough and invade... in other words... booooooring

i want a sten. so badly.

Washington D.C, United States of America

[The Pentagon is in a state of frenzied activity. Code breakers and switch board operators are hard at work deciphering the latest transmissions from the Eurasian continent. The Chimeran advance through the Middle East and Africa is being monitored closely by Allied command as are the last ditch efforts of the British army in the British Isles. While that is happening, half of the Pentagon staff is furiously working on the final preparations for Operation Deliverance, formerly known as Morning Star. From what little information is revealed, it seems the last of the British resistance forces in England have discovered something of great importance, so much so that the operation’s namesake has been changed. Although America has yet to enter a full state of war, the British are negotiating with the American government for just that, using whatever they had found in England as a bargaining chip. Word has it, that it is a secret weapon against the Chimera. Before I could speculate any further into the operations, General Bradley Sinclair invites me into his office for the interview. The room is messy, filled to the brim with stacks of papers and reports. He holds a glass of Cognac in his right hand, sighs of exhaustion evident in his eyes.]

I’ll be the first to admit it. We’ve already lost this war. Although some of the politicians and fringe groups still refuse to see it so. (He scoffs in disgust)

I’ve read the battle reports, kept track of the enemy advance through Europe down to the final transmissions of General Manstein’s forces in Hamburg. Although the President wishes to believe otherwise, I personally believe that this operation will achieve nothing more than to send ten thousand good men to their deaths. To the Chimera, it may as well be ten thousand pieces of good meat we’re shipping over to them.

P1010031.jpg

Operation : Deliverance

[He sips a bit of cognac]

No General in history…..Not even Napoleon or Alexander, had to fight an enemy like the Chimera. There is simply no way to plan a war against them. You must have heard the reports right? How every armored advance into them just gets stopped in their tracks, how our aircraft get shot out of the sky by a single stalker or Goliath? How our wounded troops are eaten alive by the Chimera soldiers?

[Before I could reply, General Sinclair continues]

But of course you have! You’ve been bloody interviewing everyone and their mother these past few weeks haven’t you sir? Well then, let me tell you why we’re royally (expletive removed by author). In all of history, what single factor has contributed the most to an army winning or losing? High school kids would probably say Generalship, I would agree with them on some level, but the real answer is Logistics. The ability to supply your troops and keep them fed, clothed, and armed. Logistics also refers to lines of supply, and is supported by production, the amount of bullets, bandages, shells, tanks, ships and planes you can produce. Historically speaking, Sherman had it right. A nation of farmers has never beaten a nation of mechanics. How can you hope to win against an enemy in the long run if they have the ability to clothe more men, feed more men, and arm more men, and produce more cannon and guns than you?

In terms of Civil war talk, the Chimera represent the North. They hold the major industrial regions of Europe and Russia, not to mention Asia as well! Eurasia itself is a land of unprecedented amounts of natural resources, which can be converted into the raw materials necessary for production. Why do you think the Chimera keep throwing their Stalkers at our tanks even though we kill three of those for every tank we lose? It is because the Chimera can afford it! Can you imagine? They’ve taken the backwards industry of Russia, and transformed it into a full working war industry in a few years. God knows what they can make now with the industrial areas in Europe such as the Ruhr and Saar valley? In essence, we’ve already lost the production race with the fall of Germany. Add to that, the technology of the Chimera, something far beyond what we can even comprehend, let alone combat!

Still, Logistics is one part of the scary picture. The true advantage of the Chimera lies in the fact that they operate on a total war footing. Make no mistake, this enemy fights a total war.

You’ve heard the term total war many times, but no country in history has ever been able to go to total war. Humans are humans. We need to eat, sleep, bathe, watch television or even object if the war goes against our conscience. It is for these reasons that total war is impossible for us.

But for the Chimera, it is a different story. The average Chimeran Menial worker has no family to go to, no television to watch, or more importantly, has no need for things such as televisions, Children’s dolls or sports. They just work, work, and work. So imagine this, if every factory in America were to suddenly shut down. Food, drugs, entertainment, toy factories are all converted to tank factories. And the people just miraculously decide they don’t need to bathe, eat, play or sleep. THEN maybe we stand a chance of matching the Chimera industrial production. That is on a per capita basis of course, we cannot even hope to match the amount of resources the Chimera now control in Eurasia.

But to me, the most frightening part of the Chimera is that fact that they are a virus. Viruses are frightening things, we’ve had the influenza outbreak years ago, and you saw the panic in the streets didn’t you? There is something very unnerving about fighting an enemy that is too small to see, yet can kill you from the inside. Yet there is still some aspect of a viral outbreak we can control, such as quarantining all the infected people and healing them or letting them die off with the virus.

There’s no such luck with the Chimera.

For the first time in human history, we are fighting a virus that knows how to create tanks, machine guns, and other monstrosities, in order to spread itself. We are fighting a virus that has the self awareness to weaponize itself. Putting it in those damn Spire missiles to infect our population centres.

In essence, we are fighting the perfect army. An army that is supported by a working class that is total devoted to war, fought by soldiers who show no fear, and spread by a disease that converts people to its cause without a fault.

Let me give you a few more examples of how this makes them a perfect army. Both logistically and in the big picture.

In our own armies. Whenever we advance to capture a position, say a city. It is a rule that the further you advance into enemy territory, the weaker your armies get. Ask Napoleon when he invaded Russia. Came in with 600,000 men, but fought the Russians with only 100,000 at Borodino. Why is that? Because he had to leave men behind to garrison the towns, and guard the roads. To protect his lines of supply and to keep the loyalty of the population in check. Well, what if you didn’t need to have lines of supply? What if every major city you entered always contained enough ‘food’ to keep your army going, and to add recruits everytime? That’s what the Chimera do. They don’t need lines of supply for their troops, everything is procured on the battlefield. Whether its eating the dead bodies of our troops or their own troops!

Besides, who do they need to protect lines of supply from? Every single human being behind the Chimeran lines are either dead or infected. There is simply no way to pass yourself off as a Chimera. Because of this, the total obliteration of the population wherever they go. Chimera troops don’t need to garrison the towns they pass. They can just waltz from city to city. Infecting or eating everyone, then just march to battle at full strength, or even more since they can convert our people against us! That explains how they can leapfrog over fast distances so fast. How Poland fell in virtually less than two weeks. They don’t need road guards, they don’t post soldiers to guard their wounded or sick, they don’t need to administrate their fallen territory’s populations, because the virus takes care of it all! That also gives the Chimera a boost in numbers. Whenever they take over a population centre, they can convert those people into soldiers. When Warsaw fell, it had over two million people in it. Even if we assume they killed half of the population, that still equals one million more troops for the Chimera to throw against our lines! In taking one city, the Chimera have added more troops to their army to match the size of any Great War army. Just from converting the population of one city!

The virus also gives another advantage to the Chimera. Efficiency. There are no conscientious objectors of the war on the Chimera side, every infected person is driven by instinct to infect others. They don’t complain if they work twenty hours in the factory or if they are worked to death (This is all speculation, no firsthand account of a Chimeran production facility has been uncovered as of yet). The fact that they don’t need to administrate the conquered territories, the fact that they don’t have a civilian population that demands products that take away from war production, the fact that the average Chimeran soldier has absolutely no need for anything at all, it all really serves to increase their overall effectiveness as a fighting force.

I’ll give you an example. Do you know how many people it takes to field one soldier? I’m not only talking about the people making the bullets or the clothes. I’m talking medics, payroll administrators, psychiatric examiners and the supply truck drivers. Don’t know? On average, for every soldier we field, we have at least fifteen people working behind the lines to make sure that one soldier is fit, able and fully armed to stay on the field. The Chimera have no need for things like psychiatric examiners or back pay. They’re just there to fight and eat our men! I’m guessing that the number of menials required to keep one Soldier in the field is as low as two. One to make their guns, one to make their armor. And you wonder why we’re outnumbered in all our battles? Heck, even if we stick every woman and child in uniform and somehow ignore realities like supply and logistics, we’re still outnumbered! And the enemy can only get stronger in numbers the more of us they kill, that is another damning advantage they have.

We are in essence, fighting a conscious virus. A virus that knows our tactics and strategies, that somehow has access to technologies unheard of to us. A virus that consciously seeks to make us just like them and won’t stop until all of us are howling and groaning menials. They won’t surrender, they won’t negotiate, they won’t ever stop until that happens.

And frankly, having to plan to fight something like that scares the shit out of me.

[General Sinclair was relieved of duty the next day. No reason was given. Officially his status is on ‘awaiting further orders’. It is unknown at this time what the true numbers of the Chimera are, given the fall of Eurasia, but even skeptics agree the majority of the populations in the areas are either dead, or converted.]

Chimera-1.jpg

The fall of Germany, Week 4 of the invasion

END OF CHAPTER 2

Last edited:
Even the most impregnable fortress has a weakness. The Chimera will be defeated.

I hope... I don't like the idea of having six eyes and a pack in the ass to keep me "cold".

Superb update, TreizeV, as usual. A climatic ending por the chapter.

The chapter and the clips!!! :eek: Well humanity is doomed, less some badass superhero saves the day! Well kill as many of them and save the last bullet for yourself is perhaps a good way to go down fighting!!

General Sinclair may have been right, but he still have to be relieved to maintain some shred of hope and belief in the troops. Besides if the general in the fight honestly believes he'll lose, usually he'll find a way to make it happen. The guy should be considered a causality, the Chimera got him without firing a shot.

It's time for overflights to discover the Chimera's production centers and then atomic bombing raids. If they like it cold let's introduce them to some heat. Nuclear heat.

What about global warming?
:D
Nah nuclear warming is much better.

Kurt_Steiner said:
Even the most impregnable fortress has a weakness. The Chimera will be defeated.

I hope... I don't like the idea of having six eyes and a pack in the ass to keep me "cold".

Superb update, TreizeV, as usual. A climatic ending por the chapter.
thats what i told. i would rather put a bullet in my head that be ripped apart or becoming one of those things

and i do wonder how mankind plans to win this

ColossusCrusher said:
What about global warming?
:D
Nah nuclear warming is much better.

The only problem is that after the intial nuclear war is over Nuclear Winter sets in. so that just makes things worse.

If humanity goes down, it will take every other living organism along with it in a hail of nuclear fire (assuming that we invent ICBMs in time).

Fulcrumvale said:
If humanity goes down, it will take every other living organism along with it in a hail of nuclear fire (assuming that we invent ICBMs in time).

That's the problem.

The Chimera army is made up of humans who have been manipulated by the virus, no? It seems to me that the solution is obvious. Kill the hosts with biological weapons.

mustard gas? im sure the Russians would have already tried that.

Do it World War Z style... preemptively kill the refugees who cannot be evacuated...

I kind of wonder why if they have VTOL craft, they don't have helicopters. I still think they should have launched a massive evacuation of western Europe before the Chimera even reached Berlin. I'm sure the Latin Americans would have at least chipped in to save the Iberian royals and the Vatican.