• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Capibara said:
Excellent update. Although the nuking of Berlin with take away from the Chimeras some soldiers, I still doubt it has done considerable damage to the Chimeran war machine

It surely did. They must have many of their own soldiers in the city, plus the nuke prevented them from "assimilating" the remaining civilians and "captured" soldiers.

The government should start distributing cyanide capsules among the civilians, instructing them to kill themselves should their situation become hopeless.

Winner said:
It surely did. They must have many of their own soldiers in the city, plus the nuke prevented them from "assimilating" the remaining civilians and "captured" soldiers.

The government should start distributing cyanide capsules among the civilians, instructing them to kill themselves should their situation become hopeless.

Good idea, but only if you can find a way to produce and distribute hundreds of millions of cyanide capsules in only a matter of weeks. Besides, I somehow doubt that would boost the morale of anybody, thinking that your government wants you to kill yourself. :rofl:

WRT the cyanide idea, I think that the european governments at this time were long past the point of being able to provide the logistics to get everyone a cyanide pill anyways... Realistically, the politicians were most likely attempting to figure out how they were going to transfer their wealth, themselves, and whatever they could pillage from the population, out of the country to a "safe" place, prior to the onslaught of the Chimera. I imagine there is many a mountain cave in the americas that are full of priceless artwork and other items formerly of the museums, manors and great houses of europe. :(

When they invade the Western Hemisphere they may just decide to attack from the east and west aswell as over the Northern Pole.

News From the Home Front!!!

The outbreak of "European Influenza" has been a great concern to the Administration of President Grace. If America is going to weather this oncoming epidemic she will need strong soldiers to defend her borders from foreign invaders. So enlist today at your nearest recruiting station!!!

http://getawarjob.com/

I found this little gem in a gamerspro magazine article on Resistance 2 :p

Also be sure to check out the other viral site.
http://projectabraham.com/

Last edited:
Winner said:

Still, the Chimeras had to have a considerable amount of their army fighting in Scandinavia and the Balkans and with all their Russian infrastructure, they will recover in no time

Thinking about mass suicide is defeatism.

We shall overcome.

Kurt_Steiner said:
Thinking about mass suicide is defeatism.

We shall overcome.

Not defeatism, but realism ;)

As an ordinary civilian, you can either die, or be assimilated into 4-eyed slave monster which will kill and assimilate other people. Cyanide is actually the better option. It denies them your body.

BTW, if cyanide can't be distributed in time, then at least each family should get a gun, so they can kill themselves (The Mist, anyone? :D )

Jacko the Panda said:
That was pretty exciting material there! Damn they should make this into a 4 hour epic movie!

I'm not sure I even understand anything about either that enlistment form, or the movies. Can someone explain that?

Chicken said:
I'm not sure I even understand anything about either that enlistment form, or the movies. Can someone explain that?

no that enlistment site was very confusing. i gave them part of my address and stuff, and then was scared that the yankee military police might come and get me for not reporting for duty after signing up... :D what actually is the point of it?

BritishImperial said:
no that enlistment site was very confusing. i gave them part of my address and stuff, and then was scared that the yankee military police might come and get me for not reporting for duty after signing up... :D what actually is the point of it?

All i know so far is that they send you some sort of email and somthing through the mail.

But the basic idea of the website is the backstory of why the US Population is still oblivious to the Chimera threat since the Grace Administration has taken great steps to control newspapers radio..ect in order to avoid mass panic hence why the government has called the Chimera invasion "European Influenza" thats what the docter was hinting to the Woman in the hospital. Information about the true threat of the Chimera is on a need to know basis and most of the population is still oblivious. Oh and the guy on the stretcher was a memeber of Echo sqaud, one of Nathan Hale's troops you know one of the Sentinels, the troops immune to the Chimera Virus.

You see those "Resistant" to the Virus I.E Nathan Hale, the Sentinels and Cloven are only resistant to a certain extent. They are still fighting the Virus inside their bodies.

Oh also add "Blackout" to the end of the Project Abraham link. the beeps at the end of the first video in the Abraham website spell "blackout" in morse code

http://projectabraham.com/Blackout

It seems the Scientist in America are struggling to find a Cure.

Last edited:
IF the isolationists DO want to increase the budget AND have a solid plan how to use that increased budget that involves more than "ignore and hope they go away" THEN I'll admit they may have a point.
However, if these isolationists are anything like what their name (plus RL) history implies, then I don't think they do :)

Well to be quite honest, we don't really know what kind of budget the Isolationists want. But should they be wanting to use that budget to defend America's shores only, then they have a point. Also, unlike in our time line where you had European countries fighting against eachother, in this time line, Europe, Asia and Africa has been swamped by an unkown enemy. I think the Isolationists would, safe to say, prefer to defend American shores rather then get involved in a tango with the Chimera over libertating pretty much territory without any people living there.

If the Chimera are unkown to the American people, then obviously the Isolationists would be like in our time line. But if they do know, can see the threat, I'd probably believe it's a case of "Defend America and America only! Stay out of Europe!" attitude.

guess what happens to undeveloped resources if the owner has time? :)

True but we don't have any idea on how the Chimera process their resources. Do they even use Human resources? For all we know, they could be using a giant spaceport and recieving their own materials from space.

Another issue is have they even conquered Africa yet? Is it like Asia and battles are still progressing with only a small percent of the continent under Chimeran dominance? They thrive in the cold afterall (much like myself, heh) so compared to cold Europe that has an advantage and is small to conquer, Africa is another story.

Considering how they overran Russia and Europe, I wouldn't count on them NOT making use of having >50% of the world's land mass to outcompete/produce/... the US.
they took 40(?) years to get ready to overrun Europe (assuming the Tunguska event as the start), what reason is there to think they'd not be able to take on the US now, or in 40 years. And what reason is there to think they wouldn't try?

Like I said, we don't know how they process resources or run industry. To be honest, it seems rather fantastical for such creatures to suddenly create such advanced weapons and machines out of nowhere so I am guessing some kind of extra-terrestrial assistance. But that's just my guess. Treizev is doing an excellent job of telling the story so I look forward to reading more and hopefully learning more about how the Chimera operate....if the information is available.

And besides, it's along way to travel to the U.S. If America builds up a very strong defence, no reason to say they might not hold out. Compared to Europe being connected to Russia and Asia, America isn't. Along way across the sea. Only way to get there is by air and ship (or space). More than likely, a good defence could end a possible Chimeran attack on the U.S. Throw in the possibility of nuclear missiles and you have a sound bet the U.S could do alot of damage if attacked.

These are scenarios America *could* take in the event of non-involvement with foreign affairs and instead concentrate on the home defence. But really, just my theory all in all.

Ermac said:
Oh also add "Blackout" to the end of the Project Abraham link. the beeps at the end of the first video in the Abraham website spell "blackout" in morse code

http://projectabraham.com/Blackout

It seems the Scientist in America are struggling to find a Cure.

Hey, there's Katee Sackhoff there! :D

Sydney, Australia – Oceania Defensive Front

[With the end of the war in Europe, Australia has found itself coping with a population boom of unprecedented proportions. Aside from the million or so British refugees from Operation Avalon One, millions more refugees from Europe, China and Japan have made their way to the only continent in the Far East left untouched by the Chimera blight. Strategists had guessed that being the world’s driest continent, with the largest expanse of desert, the landmass of Australia itself may prove to be an effective shield against the Chimera. However, logistical problems, such as finding ways to clothe, feed and arm the millions of refugees with the limited resources at hand prove difficult for Allied high command to handle. Already there have been food and water riots in several refugee camps, and even armed insurrection in the outposts, resulting in hundreds killed or wounded. It is in one of the country’s medical facilities where I met Carlos Oliveira. A former Spanish UED medic who has found his way across the world via Operation Avalon One. He speaks to me during one of his breaks, his hands still stained with the blood of his patients.]

Before the whole evacuation, I worked as a field medic for the UED forces in Europe. It’s very different from the image civilians usually think of a doctor working safe behind his own lines in his giant hospital tent. We had none of that.

The function of a field surgical unit was to deal with those casualties too severely wounded to travel to the rear. We would often have to work in the crudest of facilities, sometimes even under heavy enemy shelling or sniper fire. If anyone ever tells you that people choosing to be medics are just cowards opting out of the infantry, or that we weren’t real soldiers because we didn’t have guns….. let’s see how they handle complex surgeries for bullet wounds or smashed limbs in a rained out shell hole in enemy territory with little to no light.

[He shakes his head with a wry smile]

As a medical officer, my responsibility was to help each of the guys who were wounded, keeping their blood pressure up with fluids and quickly getting them to an advanced field dressing station or the nearest casualty clearing station by ambulance, where we could get medication into them. After the fall of Berlin, the entire UED supply system collapsed, I found my unit operating with insufficient bandages, morphine and other vital fluids. We didn’t have any blood, not even good plasma.

How did the coming of the Chimera change the situation?

From a battlefield standpoint, it made the medical corps obsolete.

When the war first started…when they poured over the Russian wall, we had no conception that we were dealing with a disease. A plague is perhaps more accurate. Biological weapons have been used before in the past, whether it’s plague-ridden bodies in medieval times or mustard gas in the Great War, but it was never applied to a scale as large as the invaders, in their case, they are] the biological weapon. The UED defense plans called for some counter measures against biological warfare such as gas masks, but we were completely caught off guard by this new virus the Chimera employed.

We had medicine to be sure, but that was for the most common types of sickness or disease, the ones we were prepared for. We vaccinated all our troops against diseases like Typhus and we were also ready to treat bullet wounds, cuts, even shattered limbs, but nothing prepared us for the influx of infected bodies.

They brought the infected bodies to the medical camp?

daily_gal_paths.jpg

Yes, back when we thought they could still be cured. We assumed at first that the men had suffered a sort of shell shock. You know, the ones that make people break down mentally and they start screaming on the ground for their mothers. There was also a type of shell shock where the patient just freezes, unable to move, not willing to move another step until it all just stops. Eventually the mountain of cases made us toss that theory out the window. The first patients we received were from Poland after it fell, and there was no shortage of these cases. My camp admitted at least a thousand of these men.

It was then that my colleagues and I concluded this was a form of disease.

Were there any symptoms?

Aside from being in a comatose state, each victim displayed similar signs of infection. For starters, there was absolutely no pain response at all. I’ve had a few field stretchers, brave men, come into my tent one night with an infected patient. They told me they had just ran back from the front, carrying the patient while ducking enemy sniper fire and shells until suddenly a mortar shell took off one of the patient’s legs. He didn’t wake up, never even uttered a word as they dragged his body back to our lines.

I inspected the man, and noticed that he was sweating profusely in every part of his body from a heavy fever and his breathing was becoming heavier as I conducted my examination. He was still alive, but it was like his mind had switched off, his pupils didn’t even move as I shone a light into them.

We didn’t notice any physical transformation at first, but what I learned later in the war did much to explain the symptoms. The rising fever and sweat for instance, was the result of the disease reconfiguring the victim’s metabolism.

The Chimera at the beginning of the war were thought to be invincible because of their high healing rates. You shoot a Chimera in the arm and a few minutes later, he moves it like nothing happened. If you think about it, it happens to us humans on a slower scale. You cut your thumb for instance, and it may take several days to completely heal. For a Chimera, it may take as little as a few hours. A high metabolic rate allows the body to heal from injuries faster, and it accounts for the fact that the Chimera need the cold to survive, since the body produces more heat. We calculated the rate at which the Chimera can heal from a wound versus a human, we estimated that a Chimera heals at a rate twelve times faster than a normal human. It’s only a theory, but we believe that on top of that, the Chimera also make use of a symbiotic bacteria to heal injuries that are too serious for their metabolic rate alone. Some sort of all purpose first aid spray in simple terms.

Anyways we’ve eventually had so much of these ‘infected’ cases piling into our camps that we moved them to a specialized hospital in our army bases, where doctors tended to them around the clock.

Did your superiors have any suspicions about the Chimera using biological warfare

After Poland we did. With thousands of troops suddenly falling sick to this fever, it didn’t take long before UED protocols required us to wear gas masks and biohazard suits to protect us from the virus. (at that point, we didn’t know whether it was airborne.)

We did of course, have conventional cases, the ones we could cure. We’ve had men come in with bullet wounds, stab and bite wounds. A few unfortunate souls even had limbs torn off, but they were all treatable. For the feverish infected soldiers, all we could think of doing was make them comfortable.

But one thing really puzzled us at that point. If this was a biological weapon, why didn’t any of the infected soldiers die? They all just lay there in that same feverish state, but their vital signs didn’t show any evidences of weakening, we never had a single fatality. On top of that, commanders were observing that the Chimera left the infected bodies alone. Whereas the uninfected bodies on the field usually had all their flesh eaten away by the Chimeran troops (Documented sightings of wounded Chimera eating human corpses and cannibalizing each other have been made by German troops during the Oder battle)

Eventually, we learned the reason why. After Danzig, we started moving the infected soldiers westwards to our other camps, it was at that point the first physical changes appeared on the victims’ bodies. Their skin started scaling, and their eyes became this horrible yellowish color. My people called it el ojo de Diablo. The Devil’s eye.

I still remember the first incident we had in the hospital. I was with my superior officer, briefing him on the effects of the disease as it ran its course through patient zero.

Patient Zero?

The first soldier brought into my care with the infection. He was a large burly man from the 25th Polish division. We had been keeping him under observation for weeks, and noted the changes to his body. At this stage, he looked more like a humanoid lizard than a regular person. He underwent what we soon dubbed, a state of “hybridization”

I would always remember my commander’s face after that incident. He stared blankly into my eyes with shock. There were no words he could express, but if I already saw it in his face. Do you know what this means…..for us…..for the people…

I did, and just at the moment, after his weeks long suspension, the patient came to life. He started snarling like a wild beast, latching onto one of my aides and began beating his skull out.

My superior and I tried to hold him down, but the man’s strength was unbelievable. He lifted me and the major off the ground and threw us across the room! Eventually our screams brought the attention of the French guards outside, and they quickly unloaded a clip of machine gun bullets into Patient zero.

The first outbreaks started happening in the hospitals now, where patients who had been weeks under started waking up from their comas and attacking the hospital staff. I heard first hand reports of the blood bath battles in Paris, Frankfurt and Strasbourg, where the newly-turned Chimera tore the wounded and the staff into bloody pieces before police and soldiers were able to put them down. I saw first hand a room in Vienna, where the ‘patients’ had smashed the barricades the frightened staff tried to protect themselves behind. The room was filled with nothing but mangled bodies, chewed meat, pulped flesh and bloodied cots.

After the incidents, we took the necessary precautions with the infected bodies.

Euthanizing them you mean?

Only for the advanced cases, we wanted to preserve as many of them as we could in case we founded a cure. Eventually we started setting up camps in for each stage of the disease, whether it’s a freshly infected body to one undergoing its final transformation. Each stage of the process would bring the patient to a different camp, eventually the ending camp, the last stage, involved either shooting them in the head or injecting enough morphine into them to stop their hearts. I say ‘hearts’, because the corpses of hybrids we found on the field all had two hearts in their bodies. Probably accounts for their metabolism.

After the fall of Berlin, when retrieval of wounded and infected soldiers became impossible, they started issuing us with Cyanide pills and pistols. Not for defense, but “to deny the enemy a precious resource”, the bodies of our men, our comrades, our friends. I’ve heard of similar ‘mercy killings’ taking place in Austria and Yugoslavia.

It’s a sickening irony. We, as doctors and medics, were now responsible for taking lives rather than saving them. You could argue we were saving them from a worse fate, but we see it differently. We’ve had hundreds of brave men risking their lives as stretcher bearers to save the lives of their wounded comrades, what ended up happening was that their fine work ended up being wasted.

What’s even more sickening is that we kept some of them alive for ‘study’ and propaganda purposes. You ever saw the UK film about a group of British marines capturing a Chimera trying to ‘escape’ from the English army? That was a hoax. The Chimeran ‘Prisoner’ was a turned human, nothing more. Those things never surrendered. What’s worse was that government sponsored hoax ended up endangering more people, who now thought it was possible to capture a Chimera on the field. I can’t tell you how many young men died because they wanted to try and ‘be heroes’.

Did you ever find out how the infection was spread?

It wasn’t airborne to be sure, so it remains a mystery to this day. We know it has something to do with the Spire missiles. That is the vehicle of delivery, but how they infect the person remains a mystery. There has been no documented eye witness accounts of how a spire attack works. Usually, they just fire one and the entire area they target goes dead. No survivors ever emerge from a spire target area.

Do you believe it is gas that transmits the virus?

We thought so, but the clues on the bodies just raises more questions. For instance, you probably hear people talk about how the infected bodies are untouched. That is far from the truth, we’ve had some bodies brought in with scratch marks all over their bodies. Self inflicted, as though they were trying to dig something out of their skin. We never fully determined the cause of it, whether it was due to hysteria or a symptom of the disease.

Has there ever been a case of a human immunity to the disease.

Not that I know of. At the moment, we consider the disease to have a 100% fatality rate. Out of the tens of millions of infected people, we’ve yet to see one case of a human immunity. Right now our only hope now lies in a cure, and even then we’ve failed to isolate the virus that causes the transformation.

God knows how we’re going to deal with them once they land on the mainland.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for all the comments, and I'm very interested in the discussion going on here :) i must admit some of it I can answer, some of it I cannot :eek: we may have to wait till resistance two for the answer.

WAR DOCUMENTS 3

P1010131.jpg

Last edited:
No immunity cases? No Hale fooling around, then...

I suppose that, after those incidents, the commatose bodies are left in the places they're found, but with a bullet in the brain...

interesting stuff once again.

hale hasnt gone into action yet in this timeline.

Kurt_Steiner said:
No immunity cases? No Hale fooling around, then...

I suppose that, after those incidents, the commatose bodies are left in the places they're found, but with a bullet in the brain...
ofcourse, in the case of a spire attack, there'd be noone around to do the bulleting :(

Damn you TreizeV, you'r making me want to buy the game AND console (for which I have neither time nor money) :mad: :p

BritishImperial said:
hale hasnt gone into action yet in this timeline.

Indeed... no Operation: Deliverance yet, silly me...

500th post of this thread :D awesome