• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
how do u make a duchy title?

Illiria said:
how do u make a duchy title?

You can't.

The only thing you can do is remove a duchy, that is attach its provinces to another duchy, and create a new one with the spare tag.

f.e. I have removed the 1-province duchy of Artois (ARTO), I have attached the province that it was made up from, Artois, to the duchy of Flanders (FLAN). With the now spare tag of ARTO, I have created a duchy of Holland, consisting of Holland, Zeeland, West-Friesland.

There are also 2 duchy tags that are not used, but I don't know which 2 that are, one of them is Derbent (DERB) I believe but I am not sure.

canadiancreed said:
do we have a listing of avaialble countries and duchies as well?

Yes, they are in this thread.

Post #1 has a list of all kingdoms and duchies.

Post #7 has a list of all the counties.

EDIT
Only 20 posts to go, whhhhhhhooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiii :cool:

TURK = Turkmenistan and DERB = Derbent. Both are used in 1066 scenario as emirates, but they are the only duchy tags that are not used as claimable duchies.

Byakhiam said:
TURK = Turkmenistan and DERB = Derbent. Both are used in 1066 scenario as emirates, but they are the only duchy tags that are not used as claimable duchies.

So those tags aren't supposed to show in the province.csv, at least thats the case for me. Is there any complications if I just go ahead and attach some finnish provinces to these tags and rename the duchies?

Oops, there was some more on this issue in the other thread too. Anyway, when I get to changing the tags for the emirates, I just can't find them.. Or maybe I'm working on wrong file now.. in province.csv Turmen (prov 629) is part of KARA. And Derbent (prov 674) is part of ARME.

Last edited:
They are not in Province.csv, which precisely means they are "free" tags. They do appear in 1066 scenario files in Scenario folders, which is where you'd need to do changes.

To the scenario files then.. I assume that is the place to add new characters too.

When I change finnish provinces to replace the originals, do I need to do something for the laws, can I remove them? How about the ruler?

Thank you for your aid.

This is hopeless.. I changed the control of the provinces but they still were owned by someone else.. What on earth was I supposed to do...

Last edited:
How come there are tags in province.csv that i can't find in the list or in world_names.csv ?

For example (but i noticed a couple others) SVIG... :confused:

gigau said:
How come there are tags in province.csv that i can't find in the list or in world_names.csv ?

For example (but i noticed a couple others) SVIG... :confused:

Some tags were added in a later patch and for some reason they were put in

Crusader kings/config/extra_text.csv

Code:
MAUR;Mauretania;Mauritanie;Mauretanien;Mauritania;Mauritania;;;;;;;;;X
ALGA;Algarve;Algarve;Algarve;Algarve;Algarve;;;;;;;;;X
DCAS;Castilla;Castille;Kastilien;Castilla;Castiglia;;;;;;;;;X
ESSX;Pomeralia;Essex;Essex;Essex;Essex;;;;;;;;;X
DFRA;Francia;France;Francia;Francia;Francia;;;;;;;;;X
MORO;Morocco;Maroc;Marokko;Marruecos;Marocco;;;;;;;;;X
MURC;Murcia;Murcie;Murcia;Murcia;Murcia;;;;;;;;;X
PALE;Palestine;Palestine;Palästina;Palestina;Palestina;;;;;;;;;X
SAMS;Samos;Samos;Samos;Samos;Samos;;;;;;;;;X
SJAE;Sjælland;Sjaelland;Sjelland;Sjælland;Sjælland;;;;;;;;;X
SLAV;Slavonia;Slavonie;Slawonien;Eslavonia;Slavonia;;;;;;;;;X
SVIG;Slesvig;Schleswig;Schleswig;Slesvig;Slesvig;;;;;;;;;X
TEJO;Tejo;Tejo;Tejo;Tajo;Tejo;;;;;;;;;X
THRA;Thrace;Trace;Thrakien;Thrace;Tracia;;;;;;;;;X
TOLE;Toledo;Tolède;Toledo;Toledo;Toledo;;;;;;;;;X
TYRE;Tyre;Tyr;Tyros;Tyre;Tiro;;;;;;;;;X

Thanks for the information :p

Does anyone have a link for this thread to the map with the location of the provinces?

Thx,
j.

EDIT: Found it! :) It's here.

EDIT: Sealanes map is here.

Last edited:
i guess that with DV this guide is pretty useless, since TAGs have changed

i wonder if someone would make a new tag list :D

BinomistaR-G said:
i guess that with DV this guide is pretty useless, since TAGs have changed

i wonder if someone would make a new tag list :D

You can much more easily look them up yourself in

C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\config\world_names.csv and C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\config\extra_text.csv

:)