1.8.1 Beta Hotfix update #3 - checksum 9ed6

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzington

Game Director (Victoria 3)
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Nov 15, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
The beta hotfix for 1.8 has been updated with a fix that should hopefully resolve the performance issue people were experiencing after a few years of play. New checksum is 6f46 9ed6.

Go here for details.

Use this thread for discussion.

ETA: if you are having any new crashes, black flags or shields, or any other such weird issue since this patch, Please try a full clean re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "delete local content" in Steam-EU4
- opt into the 1.8.1 hotfix in the Steam beta tab
- manually delete all files and folders left under Steam/EU4 AND Documents/Paradox/EU4
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.

If you still get such issues, post details reports here or in Bug Reports. Anything reproduceable, link to a save game please.

Last edited by a moderator:
now if we could only get a fix to Vassal income, I really want to give the new Paradox Policy of not annexing your vassals after 10 years but actually keeping them a try, but it's so hard when their absurdly rich territory provides me so little income even with proper ideas that boost the multiplier considerably. I don't know if CN's have the same bug or not, but I'd weep even more because CN's made me absurdly rich in WoN and RP.

Since this is a new update, shouldn't this be called 1.8.2 or 1.8.1.1?

This way people don't get confused on which version they are on (and can therefore post better bug reports)?

Just had a new update and now the game doesn't save. Ironman pops up a new error message every few days:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/531750520544508811/078189991997B14A794B8EFA27189F8C349FAA0E/

"Failed to save game for unknown reasons.

Are you using forbidden characters in the file name?
Do you have enough free space?"

My save name is just letters and spaces. And it worked fine yesterday. And I assume that the cloud has enough free space.

Same problem. Ironman mode. So cant try to change the name ^^

Edit:
I have started a new Ironman game and get immediately the message that he cant save the game.
Trying the reinstalling now.

Last edited:
I don't see what all the hurrah is for. It isn't that great that you are going to be able to play a completely screwed up expansion that has so many bugs that would send Terminix running for the hills. The AI is lobotomized, trade (trade guys, seriously) is not working right now, the 'paid' features are not even solid & are underwhelming to put it kindly. Was really excited for this expansion, but they got this all wrong. Hopefully it can be fixed soon because this is more than just some minor 'oops we missed something'.

I don't see what all the hurrah is for. It isn't that great that you are going to be able to play a completely screwed up expansion that has so many bugs that would send Terminix running for the hills. The AI is lobotomized, trade (trade guys, seriously) is not working right now, the 'paid' features are not even solid & are underwhelming to put it kindly. Was really excited for this expansion, but they got this all wrong. Hopefully it can be fixed soon because this is more than just some minor 'oops we missed something'.

How is trade not working?

It's called the Stockholm Syndrome. ;)

How is trade not working?
Dunno. Seems to work for me. In fact, most countries seem to make more than before. Bug-wise, this release is pretty good. Sure, there are a number or irritating things, but fewer than usual and nothing that prevents me from playing.

The "hurrah" is because the one major issue(s) - the performance problems some people had - may be fixed, or such is the hope and initial reports suggest some success there. Not bad, considering it's only been out for a week.

So, three cheers:

HURRAH!

HURRAH!

HURRAH!

It's called the Stockholm Syndrome. ;)
Tomorrow will be a week from the release and they didn't released an official patch. The game is unplayable and we paid it 20€.
I'll never buy a dlc on d1 from PI anymore and will always wait for sales, that's not the way to be correct with fan base wich is actually mocked.
"Hahahaha, did you really just paid 20 bucks to provide us large beta-testing? Seriously, we actually earn money to test our products? Wow"
If i think that i was one of the "it's the right price for a great addon" i laugh to myself.

So performance definitly went up.
Still a little bit laggy, and some small slowdowns which I didn'T had with 1.73, but at least it isn't a stop motion film any more.

Edit: Nope... after 1 ingame year it starts lagging again :(

Last edited:
Tomorrow will be a week from the release and they didn't released an official patch. The game is unplayable and we paid it 20€.
I'll never buy a dlc on d1 from PI anymore and will always wait for sales, that's not the way to be correct with fan base wich is actually mocked.
"Hahahaha, did you really just paid 20 bucks to provide us large beta-testing? Seriously, we actually earn money to test our products? Wow"
If i think that i was one of the "it's the right price for a great addon" i laugh to myself.

Unplayable? I've been enjoying myself quite a lot with this dlc so far. Worth the $20 for sure.

New hotfix to beta patch somehow makes production in my game become a six digit number, so I have a total balance of +12k gold/month, although I'm only in 1460. Because it was ironman save, I dare not unpause to see if it is real or just a visual glitch. Tried a new game and everything's fine. All number were OK just this morning prior to performance hotfix.

To be more specific:
Playing as Portugal
Production on economy screen is 127418.68. If I hover over it, it says: Lisboa 110498.60 Gabu 16920.07 <all the other provinces> 0.00
In Lisboa, I have some insane numbers next to the production, in the production tooltip, below trade good (fish)icon, and near trade value number. Same in Gabu (trade good is ivory though). In all other provinces only the number below trade good icon is wrong, trade and production are 0.00 Tooltip of that number is correct
Also in the subject screen income of Portuguee west africa trade company is in 6 digits, but the tooltip states that it is 1,9 ducats.
All the other numbers seems to be correct, also no errors in a new game.
Hope something of that helps

And sadly, I cannot disable the beta patch, because without it my savegames won't work at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.