I find myself with extra time coming up, and only having two concurrent AARs feels like cheating, so here I am, with another Vicky 2 AAR, my first HOD AAR! This AAR will follow in the tradition of Sons of Kyiv and Reliving the Restoration. I am not an expert (by any means) at HOD, but I do hope that people learn something as they read!
I am assuming that readAARs have familiarity with both vanilla and AHD; I will focus on explaining new concepts and new strategies. Feel free to take a look at the other two AARs if you're stuck, and if all else fails, ask!
For this particular AAR, I have chosen the United Kingdom. My specific objective is to use the Royal Navy to exercise British power around the world, both in peace and in war. This AAR will have the following house rules:
1. No cheating.
2. No reloading.
3. No save editing.
4. British troops may not leave their continent of origin. (For our purposes, the Pacific counts as part of Asia, so I can move troops from India to Australia but not Ireland.)
5. Naval maintenance must never fall below 80%.
6. I am free to colonize as much as I like, but I must use dominions to hold all territory not historically British wherever possible.
7. If a country was historically a dominion in the British Empire, I must also create it, but I am not required to do so when it happened historically. (I will make every effort to not overextend myself).
8. No annexations of civilized territory unless I have cores or it was historically British.
9. I cannot change political parties if there has been an election for two years.
1. Recreate the historical British Empire.
2. Attempt to keep a balance of power in Europe and prevent a Great War.
3. Build the Suez Canal.
4. Remain #1 throughout the game.
5. [Ultra-insane goal] -- Restore the United States to the British Empire. (Not very likely, but hey, who knows?)
The first pre-pause update will come early next week. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it!