• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news, the PB version of the unofficial update is bugged for some reason, it keeps popping up blank events, regardless of whether its new games or old saves. I'll have to figure out what's going on. :(

While cookies would certainly be good, I need to reiterate that the next 3 weeks will be very work intensive for me so dont hold your breath for the VIET converter until early September. The VIET+PB I *may* push through faster since Meneth will be doing most of the work anyway, but still no promises.

Im going over the files right now and it seems fairly simple stuff so it shouldnt be too hard to get a converter in working order, tough tbh cybr would likely blaze through this much faster than me, as he knows his own stuff and I dont. As it is, Im guessing half the time it'll take me will be combing thorugh VIET files looking at what stuff needs to be added, but alas :p

Brw cybr, is PB+VIET using the same map as PB? Edit: And do you add any religion besides buddhism? If so which one?

Edit: oh and of course, Im in no way calling dibs on anything. If someone wants to get it done before me, better for everyone.

PB+VIET uses the same map as PB. As for religions, there's also Hinduism and Nestorianism (which has been upgraded from a heresy technically but the EUIV converter will have to recognize it as a new religion), as well as new heresies for all religions. From 1.4.0 onwards there will also be East African paganism.

But thanks for this again. :)

Any word yet if MZ will ever be included in VIET?

PB+VIET uses the same map as PB. As for religions, there's also Hinduism and Nestorianism (which has been upgraded from a heresy technically but the EUIV converter will have to recognize it as a new religion), as well as new heresies for all religions. From 1.4.0 onwards there will also be East African paganism.

But thanks for this again. :)

Wait, nestorian is already in vanilla, so why is there another nestorian religion?

And Hinduism (like Buddhism) is already in EUIV so no biggie :)

Any word yet if MZ will ever be included in VIET?

Yup, most of it will be in the upcoming 1.4.0 update as superskierpat mentioned. I may make a few changes or remove a few things as I see fit, but the majority of the mod should more or less be integrated.

Wait, nestorian is already in vanilla, so why is there another nestorian religion?

And Hinduism (like Buddhism) is already in EUIV so no biggie :)

As superskierpat said Nestorianism is a heresy in vanilla, but in VIET/PB+VIET it is its own proper religion. Also, on a related note, in VIET/PB+VIET Shia is a heresy and not its own proper religion, though not sure if that really affects anything.

Paradox made a lot of under the hood changes in landed_titles, cb's and other files that, while not changing much, do mess up most mods.

As I've seen. My concubine kids all became syphilitic. It seems to also have changed some decision requirements in MZ. Instead of "Must be: Shah of Persia" its "Must be: Caliph of Persia".

I'm going to play VIET + PB with new patch released yesterday, is it planned that VIET + PB mod will be possible to be converted to EU4?

Not in the near future, since I'm not planning on getting EU4 in the near future. However, OrdepNM has offered to make a PB+VIET converter, though when he'll be able to do that depends on his time and schedule.

Not in the near future, since I'm not planning on getting EU4 in the near future. However, OrdepNM has offered to make a PB+VIET converter, though when he'll be able to do that depends on his time and schedule.

cybr, off-topic from CK2 but EUIV is a smashing game you must try out the demo. different from CK2 but a glorious game.

Bad news, the PB version of the unofficial update is bugged for some reason, it keeps popping up blank events, regardless of whether its new games or old saves. I'll have to figure out what's going on. :(

Code:
custom_tooltip = localisationstring

This should now read
Code:
custom_tooltip = {
     text = localisationstring
     hidden_tooltip = {
          effects or conditions, etc.
     }
}
This is the fix for the custom tooltips always returning true, and I have to say, I like what the developer responsible did. Not sure if this was listed in the patch notes though :rofl:
If you just want custom text but no hidden_tooltip stuff, just leave away the hidden_tooltip part.

DOWNLOAD THE UNOFFICIAL VIET UPDATE TO
VANILLA PATCH 1.11 HERE

Includes ALL modules, including Immersion! Savegame compatible with pre-1.11 games! Yay!

Also includes savegame trait fixes for both VIET and PB+VIET.

The "unofficial" update to vanilla patch 1.11 is up. Since this is not an official update, there is no new content per se. Well, okay, since I was feeling nice I threw in the new steppe portraits which you can preview here. But other than that nothing new.

I have included a savegame trait fix for VIET and PB+VIET saves that fixes the trait shuffling issue from 1.11. It is located in its own folder and has its own set of instructions - please follow that if you want your savegames to work! Hopefully the instructions aren't too confusing.

I have tested both the vanilla and PB versions; the CKII+ version should work assuming CKII+ has updated to 1.11. Please be aware however that I've only tested very briefly, enough to check whether there were any immediate gamebreaking bugs - due to the new vanilla patch, there may be other bugs.

Anyhow, as for the official, Jewish and Zoroastrian-themed 1.4.0 update, that is coming along - I've finished merging ~50% of what I want to merge, but I have to test it to see whether it's buggy or not. I do not have an ETA on that yet, unfortunately, but stay tuned for more news. If my first tests go well, I'll post a dev diary or two about the new toys Jewish rulers can expect, besides the stuff from Froschaden's excellent mod.

cybr, off-topic from CK2 but EUIV is a smashing game you must try out the demo. different from CK2 but a glorious game.

I'll get it after a few major DLCs (particularly for non-Europeans) and a sale comes up. :D

I'm well-acquainted with EUIII (mostly from watching my brother and giving him advice), actually. EU is probably a kind of game I would've liked when I was younger and more into strategy than I am now, but whatever, that's a bit off tangent.

Code:
custom_tooltip = localisationstring

This should now read
Code:
custom_tooltip = {
     text = localisationstring
     hidden_tooltip = {
          effects or conditions, etc.
     }
}
This is the fix for the custom tooltips always returning true, and I have to say, I like what the developer responsible did. Not sure if this was listed in the patch notes though :rofl:
If you just want custom text but no hidden_tooltip stuff, just leave away the hidden_tooltip part.

Yeah, was aware of that (pretty annoying merging all of that into VIET's code), and suspected I forgot to merge some vanilla event somewhere - my suspicion turned out to be correct, but thanks nevertheless. Annoyance at merging aside, it is a good change indeed.

Yeah, was aware of that (pretty annoying merging all of that into VIET's code), and suspected I forgot to merge some vanilla event somewhere - my suspicion turned out to be correct, but thanks nevertheless. Annoyance at merging aside, it is a good change indeed.
Took me by surprise though, fortunately, not too many of my events were using them.

Happily it not only fixed the requirements showing up weird, it also fixed the text of the tooltip appearing in the same line as a requirement.

Now if I could only fix my damned com patches...

recently stumbled into Crusader Kings II,
and of course after completing some Vanilla Campaigns i decided to check out some mods.
After reading some reviews PD and VIET came highly recommended,

But there is still a problem with VIET-PB compatibility and if so if i start a game without the VIET enabled can i
enabled them later in game???

thx in advance

recently stumbled into Crusader Kings II,
and of course after completing some Vanilla Campaigns i decided to check out some mods.
After reading some reviews PD and VIET came highly recommended,

But there is still a problem with VIET-PB compatibility and if so if i start a game without the VIET enabled can i
enabled them later in game???

thx in advance

That depends which modules you want later. I'm assuming PB Viet Traits would be fine, but the rest I doubt it?

Last edited:
As superskierpat said Nestorianism is a heresy in vanilla, but in VIET/PB+VIET it is its own proper religion. Also, on a related note, in VIET/PB+VIET Shia is a heresy and not its own proper religion, though not sure if that really affects anything.

Ha, I see. Ok, I can add a nestorian faith, tough it'll probably have the same icon as good old orthodox, hope thats not too confusing. OrdepNM can't into dds editing so Id need someone to add a new icon for them to the files. Oh, also I need some heretics for nestorians... Anything relevant or should I just copy the orthdox ones?

As for shia being an heresy, well EUIV doesnt have the same religious hierarchy as CK2 so any religion on the map will be its own thing. Now, Paradox's approach to CK2 heresies is to simply roll them all back to the mother faith in EUIV, but I'm not sure I wanna follow that rule for shia islam and completely erradicate a perfectly well fleshed out religion from the game. In the longer run I may try going the extra mile and actually make heresies convertable, if that wont make things too hectic.

I think I need a...hug!...:sad:

...I updated this mod + PB, and all my saves are freaking GONE omg!...Busted ma azz on my last (unfinished) campaign and had around a 40k-score before 1100 A.D. too! AAAARRGGGG!

/berserk-mode on
/me smashes things with his 2-ended axe

:angry::ninja::confused:

I think I need a...hug!...:sad:

...I updated this mod + PB, and all my saves are freaking GONE omg!...Busted ma azz on my last (unfinished) campaign and had around a 40k-score before 1100 A.D. too! AAAARRGGGG!

/berserk-mode on
/me smashes things with his 2-ended axe

:angry::ninja::confused:
Can you just not see them when you go to load a save file in-game, or have they actually vanished from your 'save games' folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.