• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For some reason, when I saw those screenshots from the Southern front (if I can even call it a front! :D), I just needed to play that Benny Hill theme... It´s just funny, seeing those MIL units going up and down! :p

Are you sure that your fighters are a better improvement than upgrading your MIL units to INF/MTN? Good luck with Japan, I´m not quite sure if your superstacks can fight that effectively as their divisions :unsure:

Well honnestly the begining of the game was well palyed but not the end. But massive militia was not a so bad choice: they have the best ratio of strenght vs cost (as I'm manpower free). The are effective in larger front where I don't have stacking penalties. For the Southern assault I used quick rotations: when a regiment was exhausted they fall back and I send a new one in reinforcement and Japaneses troops were not able to rest. Aslo fighters were mandatory because the Northen front would have fallen even with infantry divisions.

Also I used more than 400 000 men for the hong Kong assault because I wanted to outnomber the Japanese so the more I bring reinforcements the more they bring soldiers. More than one third of the japanese army of China was there.

Well honnestly the begining of the game was well palyed but not the end. But massive militia was not a so bad choice: they have the best ratio of strenght vs cost (as I'm manpower free). The are effective in larger front where I don't have stacking penalties. For the Southern assault I used quick rotations: when a regiment was exhausted they fall back and I send a new one in reinforcement and Japaneses troops were not able to rest. Aslo fighters were mandatory because the Northen front would have fallen even with infantry divisions.

Hmm, your choice then, IMO it would be better to upgrade MIL to INF instead of building FTRs in poor-airfield China ;)

Also I used more than 400 000 men for the hong Kong assault because I wanted to outnomber the Japanese so the more I bring reinforcements the more they bring soldiers. More than one third of the japanese army of China was there.

Those pesky Japs! :D Pretty much the same tactics as I use in my current Ethiopian AAR ;)

Narrative part:
This the final push against Japan ! We will won this war.

(not very inspired)

Game part:
Time for a massive attack: I will try to take the harbours firts to cut their supply lines and encircle them. I clearly outnomber and outpower them.

hoi3tfh2012103122230650.jpg

hoi3tfh2012103122253498.jpg

hoi3tfh2012103122290296.jpg

USSR can't hold against the Japaneses forces:
hoi3tfh2012110110303471.jpg

What I feared happen: USSR surrendered:
hoi3tfh2012110110303910.jpg

But this will not stop me:
hoi3tfh2012110110335905.jpg

The Americans landed in Japan:
hoi3tfh2012110110340053.jpg

And in France: the German army retreated from the USSR border but too late to save their country.
hoi3tfh2012110110462607.jpg

Japan has surrendered but their troops are still fighting:
hoi3tfh2012110110440290.jpg

hoi3tfh2012110110484814.jpg

hoi3tfh2012110110520728.jpg

hoi3tfh2012110110561895.jpg

The final map:
hoi3tfh2012110111055515.jpg

I like how the US conquers EVERYTHING but the Soviet Union can't have their land back. It all belongs to Mother America! :D

The 'history' of HoI3 tends toward the absurd. Nice AAR though.

Conclusion: USA is a big monster: Continental Europe+japan and communist China is the new leader of the cominterm.
Comments about the game:
-as always it's fun to look at the new frontiers at the end of the game....
but they are crazy, for exemple seeing the defeat of germany USSR would have taken back the lost territory.
-what I think that really lack in HOI3, something called railroad: or how to move quickly infantry divisions. I wanted to send reinforcement to USSR but by foot it would have taken at least 6 months..... When I play big continental countries like USSR I just can't move my troops east to west. For exemple a system to instanly move divisions but their organisation drops to 0 could be usefull. I reality when you move a infantry division you always try tu use railroad but of course they are not railroads everywhere.
-Island countries doesn't protect their homeland, Japan have send all they men in China and they are just 50 000 men to protect the island, very historical.....

Last edited:
Great game, you ended up with a pretty historic result as far as China is concerned, after all the commies won the eventual civil war.
And indeed, the borders are messed up, though it's not as bad as sometimes happens, for example with allied invasions liberating multiple countries at once. When I launched a massive USA landing in Europe, Germany was divided between France, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Denmark cause I attacked from their soil.
Railroad wise: Don't you use Strategic Redeployment? I think that's the implementation of railroads. press CTRL and then give a move order to get the popup. That does exactly what you say, kill some of the org.

The Islands not defending themselves, let's say that's a known issue...:p

Great game, you ended up with a pretty historic result as far as China is concerned, after all the commies won the eventual civil war.
And indeed, the borders are messed up, though it's not as bad as sometimes happens, for example with allied invasions liberating multiple countries at once. When I launched a massive USA landing in Europe, Germany was divided between France, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Denmark cause I attacked from their soil.
Railroad wise: Don't you use Strategic Redeployment? I think that's the implementation of railroads. press CTRL and then give a move order to get the popup. That does exactly what you say, kill some of the org.

The Islands not defending themselves, let's say that's a known issue...:p

Black ICE makes island nations protect their homelands better, if that's any help.

I see the Americans have taken a bit of your territory. Never mind European Russia, surely you'll do something about that...

Something like this:

2l9th8h.jpg

Hear, hear! There's three more years left! Three more years to show those dirty American pig-dogs the glory of Communism!

Don´t try to hide from us! I can clearly see you´ve been quite active on the forum!

Why aren´t here some updates? :( Explain yourself! :p

This aar is finished. I'm working on a french aar but it's hard to defeat Germany before july 1943 and the soviet attack.

D´oh! I completely missed that! :D

But you should edit your Signature then :)