• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
V2_MAP_MEX_188643_1.jpg

My Mexican Empire in 1890. My infamy is not pretty.
what version of the game are you playing? This is the second screenshot you've put up that just seems...strange. You have the absolutely no colonization thing, but outside of the the German empire, Italy, and Scandinavia unifying it looks like nobody has expanded at all (except for you...)

V2_MAP_FRA_1890_9_28_1.png

First game where I broke through the 25 infamy limit because I stopped giving a ****, it's at 86.96 right now. Also the first game where I saw Manhattan Commune and South German Federation. Colombia and Gran Colombia both exists too at the moment.

Current France game in year 1890, no containment wars for a while until none other than my ally - Russia started one. I fought off the Russians and their coalition of Italians, Dutch, Spanish, and Ottomans. Russia started another containment war though, and the logistics of fighting them is awful, nobody is giving me military access.

It looks like there's a small bit that you're missing. I believe it's the Kaf region or province. If you compare the modern Saudi borders to your own, you'll notice that Turkey owns a province that you need. It's due east of Palestine/Israel and right by Jordan.

Well the Arabia decision is quite different from the other pan-national decisions; it's not based on provinces but seems to be based on whether your neighbours are sphered... Unless I've read it incorrectly a second time.

As for sphereing Egypt in that game; not very likely. Germany's got Egypt on lockdown; borders them too. It was a fun game though, gonna try again with Oman probably-- Hedjaz's Mashriqi cultural preference (and no Accepted culture) was a bit of a pain in the bum. Bedouins seem to be a bit more plentiful.

Over the holidays I had finally some time to play AHD again, so I played a bit as Japan to test the new rules of westernisation.

Japan is imho very easy to westernise by 1860, I took the military tech first which enabled me to build cavalry and from that point I conquered Dai Nam (without getting detected), Brunei and Korea. Every time China was my enemy due to alliances and stuff, but I beat them thanks to my cav and good generals, also despite having around 70 ships China never blockaded me or really tried to intercept my small battlefleet (some man-o-wars, frigates and clippers).

ROTW:
Netherlands managed to annex Belgium very early and also took French Guyana (with help of UK+Austria), France is somewhat the bully of Europe (see Spain), Carlists rule in Spain and Portugal is only a few points short of becoming a GP as they were before I became one. And somebody is always at war in South America.

Started as Russia - released Poland and decided to start playing as them.
84 years later

CE001D2E25FB99809E9EF3BB60282152B663DB6F

On a fun note, all countries I share a border with are communists (except my pupet Meckenburg)

Vanilla, since they DID add PLC.

Started as Russia - released Poland and decided to start playing as them.
84 years later

CE001D2E25FB99809E9EF3BB60282152B663DB6F

On a fun note, all countries I share a border with are communists (except my pupet Meckenburg)

Looks like you also ran into the Austria/Austria Hungary coexistence mess...

Edit: Is that the Brits in Sardinia?

Well I've taken all provinces I had core on and all the ones needed for uniting Poland-Lithuania, and that meant taking some chunks off Austria. That blue spot in Hungary is France, and yeah I think that is the Brits in Sardinia (Also fun note, all but one region of Japan is owned by the USA)