• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For everyone else: I expect the friendly return of the lands I held, possibly with reimbursements for your good governance in my absence and NAPs/DAs/friendship für alles.

For those who intend to keep land taken from me: Fiery, violent and never-ending vengeance. Remember Sicily.

You mean we can't take your example and lie, cheat, and steal land from other sovereigns no matter their subbed or AI'd condition and deny any obligation to return it?

For those who intend to keep land taken from me: Fiery, violent and never-ending vengeance. Remember Sicily.

Since your classical education is apparently a bit lacking, I shall translate my earlier comment into the vernacular. Come and get them.

The group that unified and called themselves the Franks in CotF originated in South France and were led by the de Toulouses, and I realize that it was a millennium between Caeser and Fasquardon's conquests.

The de Toulouse dynasty were Goths (Visigoths, to be specific), not Franks. Franks are Northern French, i.e. uncultured northern barbarians. Visigoths are the true light of Civilisation. Or at least they will be until Kongo comes along. :D

And nice to see everyone is getting into the swing of the claiming-to-be-Rome game.

fasquardon

The de Toulouse dynasty were Goths (Visigoths, to be specific), not Franks. Franks are Northern French, i.e. uncultured northern barbarians. Visigoths are the true light of Civilisation. Or at least they will be until Kongo comes along. :D

And nice to see everyone is getting into the swing of the claiming-to-be-Rome game.

fasquardon

Blame Jakalo then. Someone at some point in South Germany/Italy claimed to be Frankish.

I will now go back to observing in silence, but I exhort all Christian men to beat back the Muhammadans and take back Italy, Spain, and Lebanon!

:mad:

Edit: We'll, theres still beautiful Persia to root for if all else fails.

Persia: Islam plus mad science! A double helping of awesome!

I think this spreading arab rebeliaon is just sign for them wanting to freedom! Off you go Gaddafi and Mubarak!

Also, What comes to Hampshire (who declared independence and then some oddly fashion declared a georgian* war against us), We can direct the complains to Byzantium who are lot more skilled to answer such enquiries.

* Those who don't remember, go read the NSRAN thread...

First time posting here.

I was very sad to see the destruction of Western Rome and Loire the hands of ruthless players. Thus, I agree with Port. Also, to see Constantinople not in the hands of Eastern Rome and KoM (truly an inspiring leader and writer) cuts to my heart! Good luck, KoM, and hopefully you will get it back eventually from the Croatians, who have falsely termed themselves a new Rome. I will now go back to observing in silence, but I exhort all Christian men to beat back the Muhammadans and take back Italy, Spain, and Lebanon!

actually, I like persia so I don't include you in the list of countries I root against. That is mainly Egypt and Muslim Spain, as well as Croatia now.

I know I shouldn't bite, but if anything, Al-Andalus is bringing the light of civilization to Western Europe. Loire was ruled by pagans. Pagans! Also, while religious freedom means that there are many Muslims in Al-Andalus, especially in Iberia, the ruling elites of Al-Andalus have been Catholic for almost a century now.

vile, slanderous and mostly accurate accusations of Fatimid Agression

Pff, like the rest of the players have had no part in aggressive play. Was Andalus alone in the destruction of France? What neighbour protested the fall of West Rome? How many did not betray Poland? Who mourned Wales? When people start pointing fingers at single players, remember nothing is done in this game without coalitions, betrayal and people looking the other way. My closet is no more filled with skeletons than the next player, mine are merely more recent. ;)

OY said:
You mean we can't take your example

You certainly may. I will of course be none to happy about it, and it is up to you to make the real-politikal analysis over how much my contentment matters to you. I am merely pointing to prior examples where taking land of me ended less than well, and a striking correlation between befriending the Caliphate and ones nation doing well.[sic!]

When I subbed nations I went to great lengths to protect weaker nations!

I am glad that Egypt is in disarray. The kings of Christendom (and I single out Bohemia and Croatia, for their excessive cooperation) ought to be ashamed of themselves. Italy, fallen to the Mohammedans? On your watch?

This is Crusader Kings. Where is your crusading spirit? A second generation of Italian martyrs point accusing fingers at the idle, crying out: "I died for God, while you counted your gains!" Christ Himself calls the kings of Europe to arms to avenge innocent blood. Is your sloth so great that you will not answer?

If I were playing a Christian realm in Crusader Kings, and had let Italy fall to the infidel under my watch (let alone cooperated complicitly for my own gain), I would be ashamed of myself.

Last edited:
I would be ashamed of myself.

Now, now, this is a much more inclusive and tolerant version of history. Wherein mass killings for profit is commited without bias against helpless victims equally, regardless of creed or the colour of their skin. :)

Now I just need to sub persia and my job will be complete.

Said the pot to the kettle!!! :)

EDIT: also, I have indeed been visited by Blayne. Fivoin hasn't.

Clearly, it is time for ...ANALYSIS!

I shall hereby venture to undertake the analysis of current game status; that is, to determine which country controls which provinces, and what the sum of the base tax of
those provinces is.

Gentlemen (and women), I will be scripting.

And expecting AAR rewards for it, too.

Regards,

The Odd Man, who is not nearly as powerful as his competitors will have you believe.