• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dear George.

Please tell Colonel Blimp that we're glad to see the back of him.
HANDS OFF THE UNION.

Love.
George (5)
Winner of the Union of Britain Letter to Canada competition
(This is it)

Ask George

Dear George, just how much influence does he Colonel have on the Canadian Government?

"Not enough to be sure. With the Colonel in charge, the syndies wouldn't have stood a chance!!!"

"To actually answer the question, the Colonel is a good friend of some of the most influential British exiles. Those exiles in turn control the House of Lords, the former Canadian Senate. When all those Old Boys actually agree on something, their power could be quite large."

Dear George.

Please tell Colonel Blimp that we're glad to see the back of him.
HANDS OFF THE UNION.

Love.
George (5)
Winner of the Union of Britain Letter to Canada competition
(This is it)

"Hey, the pidgeon the Colonel shot actually carried a message, from the Syndies no less".

"If the best the Union can do is send insults written by five year olds..."

Excellent, excellent writing. I look forward to more laughing.

"Capital idea, we should all laugh more!"

"Reconquering an Empire is actually a serious business, George"

Of course I was right...

Sir Steiner... It sounds nice.:D

"Indeed it does, everything sounds better with proper British honourifics! Therefore I will call my sandwich: Sir Sandwich..."

"What did I say about giving food knighthoods again, George..."

Last edited:
A day at the sea

The Colonel had always loved the coast, but standing on the wrong side of the Atlantic coast made it loose all appeal. The fact that most of the Canadian coast was a frozen, polarbear-infested tundra didn’t help either. Only here in Halifax did the coast look a bit like the one of Old Blighty. He and the other Old Boys from the Club where here at the invitation of Lord Halifax, to inspect the Royal Navy. The Navy was basically the only branch of the armed forces not yet completely tained by Canadians. But even the Navy was under threat! The Canadian government had appointed the Canadian Percy Nelles as the new head of the Navy, preposterous!

warspite.jpg

The HMS Warspite firing her guns. A truly British spectacle!

Lord Halifax gave the clubmembers a tour through the harbour. The look of all those magnificent ships helped calm the Colonel down. The Queen Elisabeth and the Warspite formed the core of the Main Fleet, supported by the Battlecruisers Howe and Tiger and the Heavy Cruisers Frobisher and Hawkins. The second fleet, centered around the newly (Canadian) built carriers Leviathan and Majestic impressed Blimp a lot less. Why build a warship without 16 inc guns? Why launch a dingy plane when you can launch an enormous shell? The Canadians where so enthralled by this idea that they were busy building two more of these contraptions. Was this the reason for ships like the Revenge, Resolution and Iron Duke to be put into the reservefleet, together with yet two more of these infernal contraptions (the Argus and Hermes)? Something had to be done.

carrier.jpg

A very unimpressive looking carrier.

After the tour through te harbour, the group settled down for a drink in the local Club. Sir Winston (the man, not the dog) was already in a heated discussion with Lord Halifax over those useless carriers:

“Siw Winston, I must pwotest. The last naval battles of the Gweat Waw have showed us the powew of aiw suppowt fow ouw fleet. Battleships awe vulnewable when faced with aiwfowces, and this bawwen land does not have the wecouwces to suppowt a lawgew fleet.”

“Nonsense good Sir, Britain has survived without those newfangled contraptions. The nation of Nelson does not need those things.”

“Gad, Sir Winston is right! If lack of recources are preventing the fleet from expanding we will simply need to capture new recources abroad from some feeble country not able to use those resources right. Such has been the British way of life since Sir Robert Clive secured Bengal in the 18th century!”

“Bengal, Bengal, you know who rule Bengal? The SyNdIeZ rULe BeNgaL!!!”

Yet again, the simple mentioning of a syndicalist state was enough to enrage Sir Neville. Even while the new treatment proposed by the good doctor Steiner seemed to work so well. A pity…
Luckily two broad shouldered chaps where present to drag the hysterical Sir Neville away. The Lord Halifax continued his conversation with the Colonel.

“And how do you pwopose to do that, Good Siw? Acquiwe new wecouwces?“

“Very simple, old bean. We simply expand the Navy first and then engage in some oldfashioned gunboat diplomacy. Lesser nations understand nothing else.”

Poor Halifax. The exile must have unhinged him quite a bit, forgetting the proper British way of diplomacy and even defending ships without large guns! The Colonel pitied the man just as he pitied poor Sir Neville. Luckily Sir Winston seemed to be in the full possesion of his full mental capacity.

“Speaking of lesser nations Colonel. The government has requested my aid in bringing new allies into the Entente. In fact, I will leave the country in a day or two. Will you accompany our mission?”

“By the queen-mothers moustace I will, Sir Winston. I need a break from all these bloody Canadians.”

################

“Are we there yet Captain?”

“No George, we aren’t”.

Five minutes later…

“And now, are we there yet?”

“No George, we still aren’t”

Five minutes later…

“And now Captain?”

“Sigh. George, we are currently on a ship crossing the Ocean. Such a journey will take days if not weeks, and since we left port just an hour ago: NO we are not THERE yet!”

Five minutes later yet again…

“Are we there yet?”

“I need a drink…”

####################

In the next episode:

- We will find out where THERE actually is.
(A special 'Colonel Blimps British Cookie of Random Guessing (TM)' to who knows where THERE is.)
- George will make a new friend.
- Perhaps the Entente will be expanded as well.

I also want to shamelessly advertise my other AAR, ItaliAAR. It is a hybrid narrative/gamplay AAR, seasoned with a healthy dose of political intrigue. Just click the link in my Sig…

Last edited:
Good old doc Steiner says,

Dear colonel,

If Georgie drives you mad asking too many times "are we there yet", I suggest to apply the same kind of medicine as suggested to Neville, with the slight modification that as George is younger than Neville you can hit him harder without any fear of breaking him. In case you might damage his brain -it should be a really lucky strike to hit any, what I say, any, I mean the only living brain cell in George's brain-, I don't think that he may go worse.

Hell, he might improve and become another Stephen Hawkins!

They are off to Japan. Just a guess but it would be very amusing seeing the Colonel in the land of the rising sun.:D

Ah, Lord Halifax pops up somewhere else! Well done sir!

sooo...are we there yet?

EDIT: methinks THERE is India, more precisely the entente backed state (forgot the name)
because every good briton need a cup of healthy, indian tea.

I would guess that THERE is in Europe somewhere.

Norway ? Italy ? Spain ?

Only time will tell.

I say Ireland. The Colonel will most certainly want a base closer to Blighty.

Ask George

Good old doc Steiner says,

Dear colonel,

If Georgie drives you mad asking too many times "are we there yet", I suggest to apply the same kind of medicine as suggested to Neville, with the slight modification that as George is younger than Neville you can hit him harder without any fear of breaking him. In case you might damage his brain -it should be a really lucky strike to hit any, what I say, any, I mean the only living brain cell in George's brain-, I don't think that he may go worse.

Hell, he might improve and become another Stephen Hawkins!

"Good Sir Steiner,
I thank you for your suggestion. However, I found a less violent way to calm the young lieutenant down. One simply asks him if he sees the horizon yet. Young George spend the rest of the journey standing on the bow of the ship...

Yours truly, Captain Mainwaring"

Ah, Lord Halifax pops up somewhere else! Well done sir!

"Indeed, where would we be without men of strong character and determination like Lord Halifax..."

To El Pip, Mico94, TemplarComander, trekaddict: I will reveal the location the Colonel is travelling to in the next update. I hope to post it tomorrow.

I say Delhi, or maybe Russia.

Dear George:

Have you seen the Horizon yet?

And on a second note, would the Colonel approve of Aircraft if he knew that they could be used to deposit commandoes and troops behind enemy lines, just like Sir Winston ( the man ) saw done in Africa?

Blimp in the land of the rising sun.

risingsun.jpg

Finally land. After many days at sea thr ship had finally reached Yokohama. Sir Winston (the man) had told Blimp of the governments desire to rebuilt the old alliances of the Great War. Personally Blimp doubted the value of those old allies, but Sir Winston had insisted. He claimed the Japanese where worthy of an alliance since they had a lot in common with the British:

- Both of them lived on an island.
- Both loved their tea.
- Both have a love of sports nobody else understands
- Both are ruled by aristocratic snobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0jPaTmWF5I
Example of a truly British sport...

In short, the Japanese would be perfect allies.

A honourguard of dour looking (but quite small) men with strange looking swords was waiting for Blimp and Sir Winston at the dock. A bald and bespectacled man in an officers outfit was waiting for them together with another man in civilian clothing, probably an interpreter.

“Greetings foreigners, the great general Hideki Tojo, ‘Beloved of the Gods, Scourge of the Qing, Tiger of Primorsk and The Eternal Nightmare of all things Russian’ bids you welcome to our mighty Empire in the name of the divine emperor. He hopes our great empire will get along with your lesser empire”.

tojo.jpg

General Hideki Tojo, Beloved of the Gods, Scourge of the Qing, Tiger of Primorsk and The Eternal Nightmare of all things Russian

“Hold it, young man” Blimp interrupted. “How dare you belittle our Empire? That is, is, that is very bad form…”

“Sir Blimp, if I may…” Sir Winston interupted the Colonel. “These Jappo’s are quite sensitive, they do not react well being scolded. Might I request that you hold back on the outbursts for now, for the sake of our Entente?”

“Yes Sir Winston” The Colonel grumbled. Diplomacy, by the Queens Corset! Where was the world going to if a British officer should bite his tongue in front of a petty Asian warlord! Things where going downhill ever after those bloody Canadians took a leading role in the Empire!

##########################

A short update this time, I promise a larger update the next time. The next update will feature George in a very Georgian adventure!!!

Can someone tell me how to insert a youtube movie, can only insert link :eek:o.

El Pip: the 'Colonel Blimps British Cookie of Random Guessing (TM)' is yours :D.

Dear George,

Having recently gottin into "The War of the Worlds" ( book form of course, and also the musical for some reason ) I demand that there be a Battlecruiser named HMS Thunder Child!

Dear George,

I guess that you've been kept under heavy guard in the ship to avoid making a fuss of the trip to Japan. Anyway, may I suggest that, when you met the Emperor, could you ask him if, when bleeding, he bleds out blood or lemonade?

I bet that you're going to improve a lot the Japs-Brits relations with that charming joke... Try, George, try...

Sir "Darth" Kurt Steiner.

:D:D:D:D

The next update will feature George in a very Georgian adventure!!!

Will he have to avoid getting married?