• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Version 0.1 is released!

Download

Readme:

Code:
Welcome to Culturally specific city graphics V 0.1

This mod enable different type of building sets per culture, 
giving an athmospheric feeling to Europe with architecture
depending of cultures.

In Version 0.1, you will find the following sets:

SPA - Iberian/Spanish
POR - Portuguese*
FRA - French
ENG - Anglosaxon
HOL - Dutch
GER - German
ITA - Italian
HAB - Austrian*
SWE - Scandinavian
DAN - Danish/Norwegian*
POL - Polish/Lithuanian
HUN - Hunarian/Czech/Slovak
TUR - Ottoman

*Non-vanilla cultures, to use in your mods.

BE AWARE THAT INSTALLING THIS WILL OVERWRITE VANILLA FILES

Backup files are included: to revert to vanilla content, copy
the '_backup' files into the replaced file. 
(exemple: replace all the content of 'culture' with 'culture_backup'

Please note- this is version 0.1 and nothing is finished yet.
Some strange things may happen (nothing that harms gameplay),
Please repport any bug and/or post your comments on the paradox thread.

Thank you for downloading this!

Made by General_Grant, using graphics from Cossack I.

To install, just overwrite your files with the provided files (note: this may cause problem with multiplayer gaming, never been tested but replace some files.).

Last edited:
Nice job. Are you aware that you can correct the positions of the trees (or even remove some trees) in the files under Db\Interface\PIW?

That's the only thing I find strange, that (at least in the previews, didn't watch the dl version yet) sometimes the trees appear 'over' the new buildings....

Downloadlimit was reached....

Some of the trees have been fixed, at least the one that was gettin above a building in the inland view.

Where can I upload this without download limit?

Some of the trees have been fixed, at least the one that was gettin above a building in the inland view.

Where can I upload this without download limit?

Mediafire has served me well, if you create a free account.

Awesome!

Of course you´d still have to post the new link :rofl:

I forgot to tell something, I'll have something good for India too, for version 0.2. Not extremly beautiful, but better than the Indian buildings that...

Marcion said:
look like they're all sculpted out of dung

They will have some heavy Mughal influance, marble and domes stuff...

bailiff.png

However this may be only appropriate for northern India. Made out of Rise of Nations graphics. :)

I forgot to tell something, I'll have something good for India too, for version 0.2. Not extremly beautiful, but better than the Indian buildings that...

They will have some heavy Mughal influance, marble and domes stuff...

bailiff.png

However this may be only appropriate for northern India. Made out of Rise of Nations graphics. :)
remember this from your previous BIP mod;)

herr doctor but visst graphics that you want to know if how to convert the units for those in civ3 for the glory because I had tried it but my Vedeno transparent in the game if you ask me only three drives me you can do if you want?
thanks

Each bmp file of a city view set must be saved in 256 colors and must use the same palette_piw_<tag>.bmp palette file in gfx/palettes where <tag> is the name of the folder containing the set in gfx/buildings.

Looks spectacular, but rather useless until there is a AGCEEP version (does anyone still play vanilla?) Great work nonetheless!

I'm working on getting the AGCEEP cultures.txt updated so it will use these.

But there's a few oddities. For one, several cultures are missing from it, Catalan, Portugese, and I think Danes and a few others. They don't have entries in the file, so I can't change their buildings. I also changed the dutch entry so it should use the dutch buildings. I own Flanders as France in my game, and they have French buildings instead... Any AGCEEP experts know what the deal is?