• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are welcome to try and report the results :)

Why would I attempt to do something that we all know can be done? Austria can annex people, and they can release them as vassals to lower legitimacy, just as Bohemia can. You're making the claim that Bohemia being emperor allows them to annex one and two provinces minors faster than Austria can. Prove to me that having more than Austria's 30,000 troops (which you can just go over if you mint, as you should if you're going for a record), will make any more of a difference when the armies you're facing are comprised of 2,000 troops, and I will concede you are right, otherwise I don't see why being HRE would make any difference.

It costs fewer diplomats

Well - sell 1 province, sponsor revolt(not sponsor nationalists), and you get revolter in your country. Then let it occupy your provinces, until it occupy most of them, and voila. You can sell additional provinces to spawn additional revolts - this way you get killed faster.

EDIT: Plus scrap all cavalry, and quickly make infantry, to assault quickly.

Why would I attempt to do something that we all know can be done? Austria can annex people, and they can release them as vassals to lower legitimacy, just as Bohemia can. You're making the claim that Bohemia being emperor allows them to annex one and two provinces minors faster than Austria can.
You are making the claim that Austria is as good as Emperor for that without offering any kind of reasoning. What are you going to use instead of Enforce Religious Unity and Bestow Imperial Grace? Where are you going to get an extra diplomat? Austria has tons of troops and gold but otherwise it's just like any other country

Well - sell 1 province, sponsor revolt(not sponsor nationalists), and you get revolter in your country. Then let it occupy your provinces, until it occupy most of them, and voila. You can sell additional provinces to spawn additional revolts - this way you get killed faster.
That's too slow :) Rebels are not known for their fast conquest. Besides, does England have spies?

That's too slow :) Rebels are not known for their fast conquest. Besides, does England have spies?

Yes, it starts slightly mercantile. Plus you need them only to take half of your country, which counting provinces you will sell, will quickly make what you need. Just make your first slider move mercantile, and allways accept +3 spies event. Anyway you just actualy need to lose the biggest tax provinces(london etc.), so your base tax is higher in ireland.

You are making the claim that Austria is as good as Emperor for that without offering any kind of reasoning. What are you going to use instead of Enforce Religious Unity and Bestow Imperial Grace? Where are you going to get an extra diplomat? Austria has tons of troops and gold but otherwise it's just like any other country

I never claimed Austria is as good as Emperor, I stated that for the task at hand, which is annexing/releasing nations, and forcing pus, Austria is just as effective as the Emperor. Instead of Enforce Religious Unity I would use claim on throne. or obscure documents, which is what you should be using if you want to form a PU. The diplomats are the only advantage the emperor would have, which without testing out neither of us will know if diplomats will prove to be an issue due to how long it may take to form Germany (primarily because of just how long forming Germany would take compared to other unions, diplomat usage likely won't be as intense as, say, forming Ireland).

Yes, it starts slightly mercantile. Plus you need them only to take half of your country, which counting provinces you will sell, will quickly make what you need. Just make your first slider move mercantile, and allways accept +3 spies event. Anyway you just actualy need to lose the biggest tax provinces(london etc.), so your base tax is higher in ireland.
I guess that's your chance to get your name into the record books :)

Bohemian Germany unification 10 March 1416
Germany-14160310-small.jpeg

I never claimed Austria is as good as Emperor, I stated that for the task at hand, which is annexing/releasing nations, and forcing pus, Austria is just as effective as the Emperor.
That's exactly the task I have talked about

Instead of Enforce Religious Unity I would use claim on throne. or obscure documents, which is what you should be using if you want to form a PU. The diplomats are the only advantage the emperor would have, which without testing out neither of us will know if diplomats will prove to be an issue due to how long it may take to form Germany (primarily because of just how long forming Germany would take compared to other unions, diplomat usage likely won't be as intense as, say, forming Ireland).
You can't use claim on throne or obscure documents on anyone you want. First you need to cycle them to be able to fabricate claims. I tried both and diplomats are the bottleneck (as usual) and lack of Bestow Imperial Grace is really hurting Austria. You should really try it to see for yourself what the actual problems are.

And people wonder why I didn't want to post my way of doing it.

Well, just tested and I can do it 2 months faster than Iwanow if I reload hundreds of times, and 1 month slower if I don't. Don't feel like reloading hundreds of times right now.

Edit: Never mind, a bit of luck and creativity got it. Still not unbeatable, but close.

KISE5.jpg

Last edited:
Worst thing, is to get back to stability, after capital change. Best would be to be at 3 stability after ending war. And advice - after you transport all troops to ireland, destroy all ships. Then lower maintenance of troops to minimum, so scotland get you occupied ASAP. And sending merchants to lubeck of antwerpen will be great help - imo best move free trade with first slider move. You could of course dow france and burgundy with reconquest, but this might mean scotland not joining - and you want scotland to join asap, and occupy you.

I disagree with most of that advice (but I did sell all troops/ships), and didn't find getting stability up hard at all. That said, I think our approach was slightly different.

Well trading increase income, if you are free trade, you can much easier fill the treasury, and make stability up. I did had 5 merchants in antwerpen which helped me a bit. And your goals are : Stack 1k ducats asap, and make up to 2-3 stability asap. Then again regain stability until you have 1 stability. Lowering army maintenance, when at war with scots, is making them siege your provinces in not more than 2-3 months(with bad luck 3 months), which is very important when you want to move capital.

Well trading increase income, if you are free trade, you can much easier fill the treasury, and make stability up. I did had 5 merchants in antwerpen which helped me a bit. And your goals are : Stack 1k ducats asap, and make up to 2-3 stability asap. Then again regain stability until you have 1 stability. Lowering army maintenance, when at war with scots, is making them siege your provinces in not more than 2-3 months(with bad luck 3 months), which is very important when you want to move capital.
Stability was easy for me, and I got it even earlier than I needed to because I had around 500 spare ducats.