• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No I meant German unification. For HRE unification Bohemia is also an optimal choice, but HRE record is close to optimal, I think. The limiting factor there is number of diplomats. Your only hope is to get lucky alliances (so you can drag maximal number of enemies into a war at the cost of a single diplomat), lucky annexation (when someone annexes someone, so that you can get both religious unity and nation release bonus at a cost of a single diplomat) and that random event that gives you extra diplomats.
Yeah, I think a perfect run should only be a few months faster than mine, unless someone finds a much different method which somehow avoids the diplomat issue.

I fail to see how the emperor dying influences your ability to form Germany, or why Bohemia could do it better than Austria (other than the stronger early game military, which its economy can't even really support).
It's [much] more difficult to get all necessary PU quickly without being an emperor

Not really, all the necessary pu's required are nothing compared to Austria's army. Sure, they could have an even bigger army as emperor, but at that point it's just overkill.
It has nothing to do with the army. You can't just go and PU whoever you like (or whoever you can defeat). You need to destroy their legitimacy first and the emperor has more tools to do that.

Fastest tech maxing - 1 Jan 1650 with Hansa
tech-16500101-small.jpeg

you could have gotten it faster if you had invested that 4k directly into tech.

Edit: maybe. I don't know if 2000 ducats is how much less ahead that year made it.

you could have gotten it faster if you had invested that 4k directly into tech.

Edit: maybe. I don't know if 2000 ducats is how much less ahead that year made it.
Look at the date - everything is way more expensive before 1 Jan 1650. I've expended over 200K in a single day :) At some points in the game I was wondering if I should have micromanaged to make extra 1K here and there, but 1 Jan 1650 give such a massive discount that one would need a lot more money to make difference.

Impressive. Is there a reason why you decided to max out naval instead of production/trade?
Well, I had to fight England, Castille and Portugal and it's just a lot of fun to watch their fleets obliterated by mine 10-ship strong stack of doom [that doesn't even need to rest or repair between the battles] :)

But seriously, naval tech is 25% cheaper in worst case and there are more events that make it even cheaper.

Fastest Persia Unification: January 1, 1452, with Timurids

eu3_3.jpg

For the record, Nasir is in his fifties, has ruled for two decades, is Sunni, and is from the Uzbek Tribes :laugh:.