• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Even faster Irish unification - 1 Jan 1401
Ireland-14010101-small.jpeg
I have made another run with slightly different strategy - I think this is close to optimal.

I've been selling stuff, but it definitely isn't possible to beat that time that way. I got lucky with diplomats and August required curia control.

I got a big improvement from switching the order of doing things - now I took all loans while I still had all provinces and I took war taxes as well (before I was afraid of raising stability costs due to war exhaustion, but it doesn't matter that much) and I have held any stability gains until all wars were often (and I was minting and annexing minors one by one to prevent stability gains). So when everything was set I had plenty of stability gains cached in. And then spending cash for stability gives increase immediately, so you don't have to wait until the end of the month.

I got a big improvement from switching the order of doing things - now I took all loans while I still had all provinces and I took war taxes as well (before I was afraid of raising stability costs due to war exhaustion, but it doesn't matter that much) and I have held any stability gains until all wars were often (and I was minting and annexing minors one by one to prevent stability gains). So when everything was set I had plenty of stability gains cached in. And then spending cash for stability gives increase immediately, so you don't have to wait until the end of the month.
Yeah, this is what I did, except that I sold provinces rather than fighting scotland. If you got curia controller on day 1 and only good events (good luck with that) you couldn't beat my method (with the same method) by more than maybe 2-4 months, though, so it definitely isn't going to compete with a january formation.

Yeah, this is what I did, except that I sold provinces rather than fighting scotland. If you got curia controller on day 1 and only good events (good luck with that) you couldn't beat my method (with the same method) by more than maybe 2-4 months, though, so it definitely isn't going to compete with a january formation.
Yes, that would seem too luck dependent. I think my approach is relatively repeatable - only need luck with a mission draw and slider move. Everything else should work every time.

Soundly defeated my previous record.

Fastest Great Britain Unification: October 23, 1407 with England

I tried a fastest Ireland unification, but how do you get both the money and the stability to move your capital to Ireland that fast? I managed to lose enough provinces to culture shift by 6th January 1401 (would have been faster but my enemies were idiots), but I was nowhere near stable or rich enough to move capital. I tried just full minting and taking loans, and I managed to just do it at the end of 1400, but that was without declaring war on anyone.

Day 1 : either vassalize scotland or conquer ireland. Then dow whole ireland and take war taxes, and mint, and find a way to get dow with scotland. If you got vassalize scotland, you can just dow, then cancel mission, and try to get conquer ireland. If you succed, i think this is the fastest way to do it.

Most important are war taxes. And try sending merchants to antwerpen or lubeck. If you succed, that help. OFC. also take loans if you won't succed in stacking enough ducats in this short time. Also hire artist, maybe sheriff or merchant, and collector. Others are useless. If you get 6 star artist, this is like best situation. Ofc. before you do war taxes hire infantry in each province that is not going to be attacked AND in meath, because you need to be in meath before the first unit there, will be built.

I tried a fastest Ireland unification, but how do you get both the money and the stability to move your capital to Ireland that fast? I managed to lose enough provinces to culture shift by 6th January 1401 (would have been faster but my enemies were idiots), but I was nowhere near stable or rich enough to move capital. I tried just full minting and taking loans, and I managed to just do it at the end of 1400, but that was without declaring war on anyone.
It's difficult. The key is to withhold stability upgrade until your are small, but take loans while you're big and have war taxes running. Minting just the right amount is important - you need to have just over 1200 for optimal results.

Well in my opinion fastest WC can be only made with either GH or Timurids.
I think that in 5.1 GH was the optimal choice - perhaps doable before 1500. In 5.2 I am not so sure. Horde strategy relied on manpower quite heavily, so it might be not so great anymore. Ottomans became more attractive though. With their ridiculous military advantage in the early game they can conquer at will without ever running out of manpower. Unfortunate, they do run out of diplomats very quickly. Though I don't think one need to go to extremes to best the current record.

Well GH also have superior troops, and early on you just need to avoid fighting ottomans too soon(they have good troops), and conquer europeans before they are ready to defeat you.
They don't have that much advantage over Europeans (not anything like Ottomans do), so while they win they take considerable losses - in 5.1 it didn't matter, but in 5.2 the danger of running out of manpower is a serious issue. And, of course, having to fight TSC doesn't help.

Well as i managed to beat GH AI, i know that they are not overpowered. However, the ottomans only have one advantage over horder - best infantry in the early game. But remember that when you use mostly cavalry armies(IMO horde armies should contain 80% cavalry), you don't lose so much manpower, because you just siege instead of assault. SO if you will use to siege your enemies, and attack them with quite small but strong armies, and reinforce them when it is needed, you should not lose to much manpower. You just use quality of your cavalry, and kill off the enemy. As hordes get combined arms bonus while being under 90% inf to cav, you can use it greatly to your advantage until you westernize. This, plus demanding big tributes(IMO it is quite good to demand tribute from genoa, as they realy can bring you uber income - and you can just go conquer lithuania until you reach their liguria(or use them as westernizing machine, as they may still be good enough in tech - unless they bankrupt - and even if they bankrupt they may be good enough).