• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AIIreland.jpg

I don't know if these go, but: fastest AI Ireland?

So, I honestly have no idea what happened. In my France -> Unite HRE game I saw that Tyrone had done really well while I was waiting for England's WE to rise, so I could
get my cores.
They managed to wrestle Meath from England, conquer Connacht and Munster, and vassalize Leinster. This was really exciting, and I checked to see if they had cores, but no.
Next thing I know, they united Ireland.

EDIT: Just read the "Form Irish Nation" and it does not require cores. Good work AI Tyrone.

Having a bunch of AI nation records, probably wouldn't be that good-looking on the front page.
That said, pretty impressive for AI Tyrone with England still intact.

I don't know if these go, but: fastest AI Ireland?

So, I honestly have no idea what happened. In my France -> Unite HRE game I saw that Tyrone had done really well while I was waiting for England's WE to rise, so I could
get my cores.
They managed to wrestle Meath from England, conquer Connacht and Munster, and vassalize Leinster. This was really exciting, and I checked to see if they had cores, but no.
Next thing I know, they united Ireland.

EDIT: Just read the "Form Irish Nation" and it does not require cores. Good work AI Tyrone.
While certainly impressive, I'm not partial to AI records because they don't add much value to the Hall of Fame, in my opinion. The Hall of Fame should contain records that players should try and beat. Having AI records would be a tangent to the purpose of the Hall of Fame and would seemingly be more fitting in the strange screenshots thread. I realize that there are currently AI records in the Hall of Fame; however, I would refrain from adding anymore unless a good argument was presented.

I wonder if this is worthy of a submission?

Most Violent Natives

natives.png

I'm Russia and my PE is 85%. It therefore came as a bit of a shock to notice that I only had 13% success on an uninhabited Caribbean island in 1650 - and the reason why it's uninhabited.

Lots of spies (mine and AI's) also had a role to play in making Trinidad the most inhospitable place on Earth. The only way to make it inhabitable is to kill it with fire. And shock.

I'll be curious to note how late the place can remain uninhabited without killing off all the natives.

The game is DW 5.1, checksum BJLT, normal difficulty, lucky nations off.

Sadly, the experiment was terminated in 1666.

Flanders managed to colonise the island (with ~90% PE there's an approx. 25-30% chance if your king has good ADM), but I was expecting it to self-destruct soon due to natives revolting, either by themselves or due to a failed attempt to send more colonists. However, they stupidly got into a war with my Frussian alliance, and France unloaded 10k men there to seize the colony. Naturally the natives revolted - and were all slaughtered, so that was the end of the Trinidadian Resistance.

(Welcome back Iwanow!)

I see number of interesting land battle results being recorded. What kind of naval battle would qualify? Would something like single ship defeating a fleet of 100 do? Though I suspect it's possible to get very impressive results if you catch completely demoralized fleet. So it's hard to distinguish the case of a single ship defeating a fleet starting with full morale and power from the case of it catching already demoralized fleet.

Most agresiveness. Ferocity is not violence, it is for most FEARLESS natives, because ferocity is their morale as far as i know...

QUICKEDIT: then it mean that he have 2 records imo.
What do you mean 2 records? My understanding is that ferocity is fixed and assigned at game startup. Please correct me if I am wrong! :)

It's probably best if I could speak for myself.

Although Ferocity can be raised, Ferocity 9 is not uncommon - you should be able to find it at several of the provinces around the world. Africa and Oceania are especially nasty. Therefore there's really nothing remarkable about Ferocity 9 natives worthy of being noted, although I'm pretty certain Trinidad doesn't start with 9 ferocity - I think it's 2.

However, Aggressiveness 19 is definitely not something that can be found at the start of the game - I think the highest starting value is 9. I have no idea what the upper limit could be and I'd be interested to see if anyone could get it higher.

Aggressiveness can be raised through excessive use of spies to provoke the natives, or several uncommon events. I'm also not sure if failing colonisation and provoking a native uprising would increase aggressiveness. My goal wasn't to raise the maximum aggressiveness, but simply to use spies to blow up other Europeans' colonies =) However, it seems that the heightened aggressiveness, lowering chance of colonist success, created a vicious circle where further (failed) attempts to colonise the province simply made the natives more angry.

EDIT : Not a "him" =)
EDIT 2 : Just checked, disregard what I said about ferocity. New post below.

Last edited:
Sorry, I just checked my game.

As it turns out, Ferocity 9 doesn't exist at the start of the game. I confused Ferocity 9 with Aggressiveness 9, which is the one I was thinking of when I said it was extremely common.

Again, I have no idea what the theoretical maximum values for either Ferocity or Aggressiveness are, apart from the fact that spy actions raise them. I suppose then that with enough patience, one could theoretically turn any province into 9 Ferocity 19 Aggressiveness (or worse?). Then again, you wouldn't expect such a deathtrap-province to be in the Caribbean!

And yes, there's nothing stopping one entire half of the human race from playing PI games. Deal with it =)

Well welcome as propably first women i know from this forum. So there are such miracles in the world that even greatest prophets didn't dreamed off. And i am no way antifeminist, it is just awesome to find a women which does play strategic games. Like meeting a real unicorn.

Anyway, ferocity is quite hard to increase... i wonder what would happen if natives would have ferocity and agressivness both at 100. Just would like to test it, to see what happens.

Okay, I got a new one. Can't argue with this one now!

Biggest Dynasty : The Rurikovichs

rurikov1.png

Player is Russia. DW5.1, Checksum BJLT, Normal difficulty, Lucky nations off

21 Rurikovichs in total - let's count them up!

The Godfather (including PUs) : 1
Russia
France
Genoa
Bar

Allies : 1
Prussia

Vassals : 13
Norway
Crete
Oldenburg
Saxony
Styria
Thuringia
Tirol
Ulm
Wurzburg
Parma
Luxembourg
Utrecht
Ceylon (released as Reformed from GB, haha)

Innocent Bystanders : 6
Sweden
Gotland
Aragon
Navarra
Brabant
Hainaut

I'll post updates if more baby Rurikovichs show up.