• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Damn cliffhangers... I guess we should pray for the life of rightfull emperor Nikephoros, may he survive and cast the persian devils out of Romanoion lands. :)

And I have to say I can't distinguish Roman and Persian armies on those battle pictures. Maybe you should use different colors, not just diffrent shades of purple.

Damn cliffhangers... I guess we should pray for the life of rightfull emperor Nikephoros, may he survive and cast the persian devils out of Romanoion lands. :)

And I have to say I can't distinguish Roman and Persian armies on those battle pictures. Maybe you should use different colors, not just diffrent shades of purple.

No, carry on with the next update!

BTW, Vesimir, it only counts as a WC if you finish the AAR, thus there are no true Vic2 WCs.

If Nikephoros should go down in a blaze of glory...
...Then the mess woud really be hard to untangle!

So yeah, Alexandros got a touch of madness?

Great writing, as always!

I CALLED IT! :D:D

I said Alexandros was crossing to the south. And he DID!

:rofl:*Does Happy Dance*:rofl:

------------------
And also not another crazy Kommenos :(.

I think the plan was to put them into his fold and also use the victory against the combined Greek lords as bragging rights. An emperor must have decisive victories in his resume. Go Megos Komnenos Manuel II!

btw BT, Romaion must have a Mongolikon Tagma :D

Last edited:
Well, great writing as always!
Edge of the seat. And I think I like Manuels way of dooing stuff. Far more spread out, not dependend on just a battlefield victory. I have no doubt that he would have different orders ready if the balkan lords had blooded his army more. Maybe even one with Rolands name on it, as convenient scapegoat: Look how this fool messed up my perfectly good plan......
Yes, I think Manuel will probably get to the throne in the end....
After all, he is the head of the watchers, and nobody watches the watchers now...

Great update as always.
So Manuel has finally gotten his plans in motion. My guess is that he's going to force/persuade the Balkan princes in supporting his cause. After all he now has a field victory (and thus the respect of the military), he is Kaisar (so next in line for the throne. And with Andronikos condition that line will be a short one), he has the Oikos and, last but not least - Constantinopolis. He also made contacts with the Mongols by hiring them as mercenaries - that could also mean he had further contacts with them - maybe a second front, a mongolian attack on Persia. After all, Manuel is enough of a schemer to do so.

Great update as always.
So Manuel has finally gotten his plans in motion. My guess is that he's going to force/persuade the Balkan princes in supporting his cause. After all he now has a field victory (and thus the respect of the military), he is Kaisar (so next in line for the throne. And with Andronikos condition that line will be a short one), he has the Oikos and, last but not least - Constantinopolis. He also made contacts with the Mongols by hiring them as mercenaries - that could also mean he had further contacts with them - maybe a second front, a mongolian attack on Persia. After all, Manuel is enough of a schemer to do so.

But remember Basils dream me sa thinks Alexandros will win then die or something. Manuel takes Konstantnoploilis, then the Mongles betray him sack Konstantinople. Manuel gets it back then he gets desposed by Andronikos the II which after 10 years goes onto the end of all things post.

P.S. I'm super sure that is Andronikos the II in that post.

Edit: Than agin knowing General BT its problably something else.

But remember Basils dream me sa thinks Alexandros will win then die or something. Manuel takes Konstantnoploilis, then the Mongles betray him sack Konstantinople. Manuel gets it back then he gets desposed by Andronikos the II which after 10 years goes onto the end of all things post.

P.S. I'm super sure that is Andronikos the II in that post.

Edit: Than agin knowing General BT its problably something else.
I wouldn't say that. We have what... 60 years worth of story left?

Another thing I noticed: In almost all of the Persian invasions so far (and God knows we've had at least half a dozen Gabrielid attempts at conquest of Konstantinopolis by now:D), the Persians kick arse for a while, and then get stopped in Anatolia. Alexandros will finally avenge the countless fruitless invasions of his father and grandfather by entering the Queen of Cities as its rightful Lord and Liege!

And no, the triumph doesn't count:D

Another thing I noticed: In almost all of the Persian invasions so far (and God knows we've had at least half a dozen Gabrielid attempts at conquest of Konstantinopolis by now:D), the Persians kick arse for a while, and then get stopped in Anatolia. Alexandros will finally avenge the countless fruitless invasions of his father and grandfather by entering the Queen of Cities as its rightful Lord and Liege!

And no, the triumph doesn't count:D

...Which will most likely leave him and his depleted army in a hostile city, far from his power base, without legitimacy, and surrounded by enemies who now see that the capital and the throne are vulnerable to capture.

Oh, and there's a voice in his head telling him to attack everything in sight.

I can't wait!

I just said he'd enter the City, not keep it in his grasp for years. And he's certainly not without legitimacy; he is the grandson of Gabriel, who is the grandson of Thomas I, who is the grandson of Manuel the Gardener, who is the son of the Megas. The only thing making his line "illegitimate" would be Von Franken banishing his grandfather to Persia arbitrarily, which could easily be undone. Plus, the proles of the City and the Balkans (as well as the Balkan lords) love him.

Last edited: