• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now the world needs something big enough to save them from the Infidels.

Unleashing a legion of fierce Peti Nieblas would do the trick, perhaps?:p

I intentionally left the first 100 years of this scenario hidden .

I thought that was just because it was only then that you decided to make it an AAR.. But I guess you just admitted to save-scumming :p Just like you are cheating the Dutch out of their well-deserved and natural freedom.

I thought you said saving?

You have an interesting take on the word "saving"...

Peti: I mean no offense, but surely you agree that there's only enough Pizza for one Peti Niebla :)

Wow. I guess it isn't a good idea to skip from chapter 35 to chapter 149. I'm completely lost. I guess I'll just have to do a lot of reading to catch up. :eek:

Yes you will :D and we'll be looking forward to it :D Please do keep stopping by and tell us what you think of previous chapters ! I always love hearing new things about past events .

I love Inigo and Belmont's talks. So good!

Thank you :D

Now the world needs something big enough to save them from the Infidels.

Ahh , indeed . We need several legions against those perfidious heathens and heretics ! XD

I thought that was just because it was only then that you decided to make it an AAR.. But I guess you just admitted to save-scumming :p Just like you are cheating the Dutch out of their well-deserved and natural freedom.

I thought you said saving?

You have an interesting take on the word "saving"...

Peti: I mean no offense, but surely you agree that there's only enough Pizza for one Peti Niebla :)

Haha save scumming ? I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the term XD

And now for something special for you all ! Something you guys probably didn't expect and something for the delight of all of us :D Do NOT think this is optional , this is going to be an integral part of the story .

A Timelines “ME” Special: Prologue​

The Spanish banners that hung high above the local towns north and west of Brighton produced a mix of feelings inside Woodhouse. The fluttering of the makeshift cloth—probably produced in a hurry by the soldiers or sailors—raced against the howling wind defiantly although it seemed as if the threads that held it together were threatening to, at any moment, separate the Stripes from the Castles and the Lions from the Flowers. The wind continued to rush against the flag as Woodhouse entered, quietly, past the Spanish guard and into one of these towns.

Reconnaissance was something, despite the objections of his officers, he himself would engage in from time to time. In this instance, he needed to see how well garrisoned each of the towns surrounding Brighton were. Woodhouse's eyes shifted from one small platoon of Spaniards to another group of rag-tag mercenaries. The two camps stayed clear of each other. Among the Spaniards were Frenchmen, Austrians, Germans, and some Italians although the core of the officers were Spanish. He saw, however, his kinsmen: underfed Englishmen in the mercenary groups accepting bags of coinage for expensive bread. He shuffled towards them, hoping to find some information while holding the cloak around him as if he was chafing against the wind. It was a Spanish officer instead who stopped him halfway to the tavern.

“Do you speak Spanish?” the officer asked him in that foreign tongue but in such a way that made his query obvious. Woodhouse understood but shook his head pretending not to. “Then, please at least tell me that you are not from Scotland: I will never be able to understand you then,” the officer replied in English with a jovial smile. “You perhaps are looking for work? I see that you must be a soldier,” the officer continued.

“I'm just trying to get by, sir,” Woodhouse replied.

“Everyone is these days,” the officer sighed, “war is a terrible thing and it means that young men such as ourselves are not tending to our farms or workshops. You don't seem to be from here, are you a refugee? What's your name?”

“From Cambridge, sir,” Woodhouse was quick to say, “the enemy was there a few days ago. The name's Bevan. Bevan Roland.”

“You could have gone to London,” the officer pointed out.

“I don't like big cities, sir,” Woodhouse answered with that country intonation that he was used to imitating.

“Well this is a very good small town for you,” the Spaniard smiled widely before the town bell interrupted the windy conversation. “Are you a Catholic, sir?” the Spaniard asked him.

“Yes, yes, indeed,” Woodhouse said procuring a small crucifix around his neck. He had been ready for the question. It was easier to travel around if one posed as a devout believer.

“Then come, have the morning Mass with me: I will give you some food at my quarters later on. Today you will be guest of Lieutenant Sandoval.”

---​

Sandoval's quarters were nothing more than the forgotten end of the constable's office: it was rickety and small with only two tiny tables, a bed, and two chairs. The meal was even more pitiable than the room as both Woodhouse and Sandoval sat across a small table with nothing but broth, a shriveled, pickled fish, and bread to share between them. Woodhouse ate cautiously, but he eyed his host blankly hoping to give off the impression of a simple man.

“It's been a little while since the people of this village had been able to go to Mass,” Sandoval mused as he hungrily tore another hard piece of bread from the loaf. “The rebel officials had outlawed the Liturgy and forced many of the priests around here into hiding. Was it the same in your area, Roland?”

Woodhouse took a moment to pause and gather his thoughts masking it under the false pretense that he was slow to come to any decisive conclusion. “There were a lot of rebel Protestants in Cambridge already at the time. I think our priests knew to go into hiding when the tensions started to rise. I haven't gone to Mass in a very long time.”

“This country certainly needs it right now. It needs something to bring the people back into communion: it needs the supernatural grace of God that brings unity between Spaniards and Englishmen.”

“You sound like my old priest,” Woodhouse attempted to smile awkwardly.

“I used to be in the seminary before I moved into an army career. I haven't forgotten my training, however—and my common sense. Even without the schooling, I could tell you that I feel it every time I go whether it's on Sunday or every day... there is certainly an effect every time I go to Mass.”

A hurried knock interrupted the conversation as a head peeked into the small chamber. Sandoval was immediate in his attention and Woodhouse dulled his reaction to mask his anxiety. The man at the ajar door gasped out: “A small rebel brigade is moving into our position: a column of skirmishers it looks like, lieutenant,” was the news.

Heading this way? Woodhouse thought to himself. I told them not to make any advances until I gave my order...

“A skirmisher brigade this far south?” Sandoval stood up from his seat. “Alert the colonel in Brighton this may be the prelude to an attack. If it is, we'll be sure to be ready for it. Rally the men along the north ridge while I prepare: we'll ambush them ourselves. We won't have any place to hold a force that large here so tell the men that we won't be taking prisoners.” Sandoval turned to Woodhouse next. “How about you, Roland, want to earn some pay? I could use another man on my team.”

masseffectclock1copy.jpg

---​

[!]JOURNAL: Welcome to the Timelines Mass Effect Special . The Rules are simple: Every now and then , a choice will come up for Woodhouse . You , the audience , must decide his path . Each path will have consequences that will affect the course of the AAR . Everything is possible . I will even tell you that it will be possible to destroy the Spanish Empire , but that , of course , will be a very difficult end to reach . I hope you all have fun . How it's going to work is that after each mini-update , there will be a choice . You will all cast a vote for a choice whether it's "X" or "XII" or "I" etc depending on the face of the clock . At a predetermined time , I will release the next mini-update and using the majority of votes for a choice , will go with that choice . I will not tell you when that time will be so read it first and get your votes in early if you wish to affect Destiny ! Happy Hunting . Please Press Start .

Ohhh it's a toughy :( Don't want to harm my good old Rogues.

Its not rocket science: VIII

VIII.

By killing him he can begin to destabilize the Spanish presence in England. This can lead to a successful rebellion, which would spur on the Continentals to rebel as well. :D

I don't trust this "Roland" guy any more than Woodhouse.. And Woodhouse was going to sell out England, the bastard.

vote III

Ok, I'm going with VIII

Bah, it seems I need to get through a decent number of pages to get back on track... Bloody comments... ;)

Each path will have consequences that will affect the course of the AAR
Some of them causing the premature abortion of the AAR? :eek::(

Canonized had a little too much fun with Halloween?

He went into insulin shock, most likely. :D

Is this the longest AAR on these forums ? :)

Is this the longest AAR on these forums ? :)

It might be actually XD

and ugh .. i'm so sorry for dropping off the face of the earth . Halloween was AMAZING . Not to mention something was bought on Halloween that's been taking up a lot of my time:

runedragonage.jpg