• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I try guys, I try.... but lets face it I aint getting any younger... I often find myself falling asleep over the keyboard... :( much better with civ then, I hate when I have a couple of years pass by and wake up being vassalised.... :eek:o

Now, you see Finland appear every now and then, either through rebellion or Sweden losing a war. Well, I don't know what happened there, but since Finland had grabbed some Russian lands and I was very, very bored with expanding my Netherlands, I decided to give Finland a try. Well, in a few years I grab a few colonies, Bahamas and some rubbish in North America, the AI Netherlands manages to destroy it in something like two years by breaking all alliances and going to war with France (former ally with relations of +200). Then, King Jani II inherits Hungary.
Finland.jpg

Now, I'm going to attack weak Lithuania, Wallachia and try to annex prussia, diplomatically or otherwise, to connect my lands and get enough strenght to attack Golden Horde. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Finland

I once played Civ4 for about 10 hours straight when I had nothing better to do, except for that one time where I ate.

Eating isn't better than Civ.

You've failed us.

You should commit ritual suicide to preserve your honor!

I try guys, I try.... but lets face it I aint getting any younger... I often find myself falling asleep over the keyboard... :( much better with civ then, I hate when I have a couple of years pass by and wake up being vassalised.... :eek:o

Well, I can usually go AFK for a few years then come back when my troops/buildings are finished, or whatever.

But I get really impatient with EU3 and end up cheating a lot. That leads me to never ever having played past 1460. Not that I get the chance to play the game that often.

Eating isn't better than Civ.

You've failed us.

You should commit ritual suicide to preserve your honor!
No, eating isn't better than Civ or EU. Unfortunately, it's required to go on living, and attending meals is a social expectation. Terribly unfortunate. :p

I once played Civ4 for about 10 hours straight when I had nothing better to do, except for that one time where I ate.

Once I played EUII for 30 hours straight, only taking breaks to go to the bathroom--I ate at my desk. I finally had to get some sleep.

I don't think I've ever played EUIII for more than 10 hours straight. I don't think it's so much that it's less addictive than EUII than that I can't sit that long anymore without needing to stretch.

No screenshot (yet), but France released Avignon as part of a peace settlement, then the papal states declared war on Avignon and Avignon is winning (with a little help from myself), and has control of Rome, so Rome is currently being fought over by Pope Clement XXII and Pope David XIX.

No screenshot (yet), but France released Avignon as part of a peace settlement, then the papal states declared war on Avignon and Avignon is winning (with a little help from myself), and has control of Rome, so Rome is currently being fought over by Pope Clement XXII and Pope David XIX.

What, Pope vs Anti-Pope...that should trigger a Reformation event!

From Wikipedia

The Great Western Schism, which began in 1378, when the French cardinals, claiming that the election of Pope Urban VI was invalid, elected Clement VII as Pope, led to two, and eventually three, rival lines of claimants to papacy: the Roman line, the Avignon line (Clement VII took up residence in Avignon, France), and the Pisan line. The last-mentioned line was named after the town of Pisa, Italy, where the council that elected Alexander V as a third claimant was held. To end the schism, in May 1415, the Council of Constance deposed John XXIII of the Pisan line, whose claim to legitimacy was based on a council's choice. Pope Gregory XII of the Roman line resigned in July 1415. In 1417, the Council of Florence also formally deposed Benedict XIII of the Avignon line, but he refused to resign. Afterwards, Pope Martin V was elected and was accepted everywhere, except in the small and rapidly diminishing area that remained faithful to Benedict XIII. The scandal of the Great Schism created anti-papal sentiment and fed into the Protestant Reformation at the turn of the 16th century.

lol

Playing Eu3 and WoW at the same time. Its like a dream.

Once I played EUII for 30 hours straight, only taking breaks to go to the bathroom--I ate at my desk. I finally had to get some sleep.

I remember a Civ 3 game I started on a Monday and finishing it the following Friday, with the end screen mentioning a play time of some 80 odd hours.

Can't be healthy that. Glad I've developed just a little bit more self-control :D

maybe not the strangest, but it certainly made me laugh.
how considerate of my peasants to found an institution that'll squeeze even more money out of them :p

Constable.jpg