• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
t0m said:

I just couldn't help myself, this had to be posted :)
Trebizond not just surviving but gaining a province!

BYZANTINES WILL LIVE! :wacko:

Marconius said:
What I'd like to know is why the hell are you at war with Persia, of all nations, as France?!
Long story. :)

Burgundy is a lucky nation who quickly took over most of Germany. I fought a lot of long, difficult wars with them.

Poland inherited Lithuania and pretty much took over Eastern Europe. I allied with them to help deal with Burgundy.

Poland declared war on Kazan, which was allied with Persia and Crimea. And since Burgundy was warning Poland, they came into the war too. I'm not exactly sure how the Papal State got involved. (They're currently in Mainz, incidentally; Aragon captured Rome and then I captured Rome from Aragon, about a century earlier).

Several years later, I'd grabbed a few Burgundian provinces and signed a white peace with Kazan and Crimea. Persia didn't want to play, so I was still at war with them at the time of this screenshot.

Warning: Lots of pictures. LOTS!

EU3_8.png

... :wacko:

EU3_10.png

I think it's a bit early for the Austro-Hungarian Empire, don't you?

EU3_11.png

As you can see, its a union between the two biggest blobs of Europe (Hungary controls almost all of the Ottoman Empire - Bavaria holds the rest, except for Thrace - the Ottomans still have that).

EU3_13.png

That's their only province.

EU3_14.png

And talk about a long-distance relationship.

EU3_15.png

... that's odd...

EU3_16.png

If no one lives there, why is it Ottoman-controlled?

EU3_19.png

We know about the lake, but what about the area around it?

EU3_20.png

Everyone knows that North Finland is populated mostly by Bavarians.

EU3_21.png

We've seen this before, but its always funny to find the senior member of a PU at war with the other member. In this case that's Oldenburg (a vassal of Austria) fighting its junior member - Great Britain :wacko:

EU3_23.png

My vassal has a vassal. They got it after I vassalized them.

EU3_25.png

Obviously it will take that long to get there.

EU3_30.png

Is that... Yemen? :wacko:

And now for something we rarely see:

EU3_36.png

EU3_42.png

.... France getting beaten.

EU3_39.png

Its super-Korea!

EU3_40.png

An event built that university... in a province with only 300 people. Well, they'll be the 300 best-educated people in all of Russia.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

thenewworld.jpg

... the New World

...Yes, that's Hungary, Prussia, France, and Austria

Edit: oh, and Creek too.

I thing this is REALY Strange for Eu3 and inedepedet Holland never ever seen that before...
EU3_7.png

You can see the log and burgundy...

Neblogai said:
The one "France getting beaten"- France losing to Spain 21 provinces in 13 years? What happened?

Also, my pic here- where is my salt? :confused:
eu320xz2.jpg

maybe it got lost in the grain and is why there is so much of it.

kolmy said:
Rodrico Stak, with what patch were that screenies taken?
They were all taken with 2.2 + MMG.

Neblogai said:
The one "France getting beaten"- France losing to Spain 21 provinces in 13 years? What happened?
Portugal (and Spain, the lesser partner in a PU with Portugal), declared war on France. Since I'm Russia, I don't know exactly what happened, but when I looked at France (who I was royal marriaging with in the hopes of getting a PU), all of their European provinces were occupied (I don't know about colonies, because for some reason the spread of discoveries seems to have ignored the New World for me), it was all occupied by Spain and Portugal. In MMG, there is an event that gives you control of a province if you hold it for a long time (I've only gotten it once, so I think its fairly rare). I think that event is what happened to France, because several months later a white peace was signed.

Oh, and that green in Ireland is Portugal also. Prior to the war, Ireland was owned by France.

I've been having a fairly odd play through.

sillywarex5.jpg

I'm not quite sure the exact origins behind Gotland's enmity to Sweden, but it must run deep. They declared war on a nation their men couldn't reach. Good thing for Gotland that the mighty 8000 strong Swede army was trapped in Tavastland by their eternal enemies, the Danes, and that Sweden also lacked a navy.

The war was left to the German Empire and it's 36 ship... err 30 ship navy?

englandyb9.jpg

The Fall of the English Empire. England gets into a succession war with France over Munster. England's navy consists of 5 transports, and their army is 60,000 strong... but were all overseas.

Also note Aragon's religion, they been changing religion roughly every eight years ever since I forced Protestantism on them.

Ten years later...
wowag3.jpg

I get a message that Cornwall goes bankrupt, only to find that much of the England has decided to join Cornwall. God save the King.