• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
December 4th, 1942

After some diplomatics moves and many meetings between our Ministers the Portuguese Empire decides to enter in the Sofia's Pact.

The Duce promises to Salazar the defense of the Portuguese territory in the case of an invasion. Portugal will also gain valuable territories in Africa.

The Sofia's Pact will be stronger??

04dedez42portugalas3.jpg

portrdl2.gif

1101460722_400.jpg

January 1st, 1943

New year brings new technologies! A new CAS project is ready for development, but in the moment our Air Force is concentrated in Tactical and Naval Bombers.

11dejan43blueprinthi5.jpg

sm89.jpg

SM.89

February 15th, 1943

After a minor invasion, the Portuguese counterattack has one objective: To conquer the Cap of Good Hope once more!!! Death to the English and French capitalist bastards!!!

215defev43africa1me1.jpg

March, 12nd, 1943

The Soviet Winter are slowing down the Germans. The Duce awaits the and of the winter to decide about the destiny of the Operazione Mars.

312demaro43invernomf2.jpg

ww2133.JPG

The Soviet Winter

April 16th, 1943

While the Soviet Winter starts to become Soviet Mud, the Duce decides to start minor operations in the African Jungle, in order to reach the Atlantic Ocean and to defeat the Allies there BEFORE the end of the Japan, that is now fighting against a large troops of Americans and Brits that will probably disembark in Africa after the defeat of the "Land of the Rising Sun".

416deabril43africa2cm6.jpg

And the Winter goes on..

GeneralHannibal said:
Things aren't looking good for Japan.
I'm planning my strategy supposing that Japan will fall sometime in 1944, so I want to finish the Allies in Africa until there, to prevent the formation of a powerful beachhead in South Africa. Portugal union to the Sofia's Pact also has this objective.

wilegfass said:
plan on making nukes?
Not really, at least not in a couple of years.

ahh jungle warfare...how many allies divs are fighting japan? im sure you can handle them if they do come to africa lol

chefportnen said:
So Portugal's main use will be to help conquer Africa?

Are Portugal really usefull for anything else? :p

Portugal's territories are also good springboards for invading other lands. Atlantic islands for the Americas, Macao for China and parts East...Africa... :cool:

Man, the terrible infra in Africa sure makes it take along time to get stuff done. Nice to see Portugal back in the colonial empire business.

Hello to everyone!
I'm back!

Well, I'm in a hurry right now, but I will give you an update tomorrow, now the only thing that I can say is that the spring has come and with it surprisingly news and battles!

lifeless said:
ahh jungle warfare...how many allies divs are fighting japan? im sure you can handle them if they do come to africa lol
I don't know the exact number, as I don't like to use the "no fog" cheat. But I think that is something about 50 divisions (including the divisions in the islands).

chefportnen said:
So Portugal's main use will be to help conquer Africa?
Yes, it will be.

grayghost said:
Man, the terrible infra in Africa sure makes it take along time to get stuff done. Nice to see Portugal back in the colonial empire business.
Thanks, they will have the honor to get back the Cap of Good Hope, almos 500 hundreds years after Bartolomeu Dias.

Congo said:
In thirty minutes!

May 4th, 1943

An important news has just arrived to the Duce's office: Leningrad has fallen

The siege of Leningrad last 2 years, since the first spring of the war between Germany and USSR.

With the capture of this important Soviet city and the end of the Winter (Still mug and snow in some parts of Russia), the Duces commands his bravest order so far: The launch of Operazione Mars.

04demaio43leningradoao5.jpg

Leningraddiorama.gif

Leningrad burning in the last German assault

May 14th, 1943

Operazione Mars

After almost 1 year of wait (since July of 1942), the Sofia's Pact declared war upon USSR. All the troops of the pact that were in training in these months can now prove their value taking the Caucasus.

114demaio43guerraurssqm1.jpg

Nevertheless, it's important to say that some Mechanized divisions had just finished to arrive in the front line to reinforce our attack.

214maiocaucaso1ld3.jpg

The first blow

quadrorussiadg9.jpg

Italian Infantry fighting in the mountains

May 20th, 1943

An important notice is capture by the Imperial Intelligence Service:

420maiomoscow2tf1.jpg

All the heavy equipment and supplies that the Bolsheviks were keeping in Moscow are now in Teutonic hands.

Will be Germany prepared to conquer all the European Russia, until the Siberian Soviet industrial base??

This question is important, as the Japan sunset is near.

Moscowbattleparade.jpg

Soviet military parade, in the last winter. "The Germans will never touch the Kremlin" Mr. Stalin said.

June 17th, 1943

While the Sofia's Pact soldiers are advancing into Caucasus, our naval and air forces are destroying the Soviet fleet in order to liberate the Black Sea as a route to reinforces from the Mare Nostrum.

317juncaucaso2zh0.jpg

masmarneroxd2.jpg

Regia Marina card, celebrating our victorious battles in the east.

July 3rd, 1943

After 2 months of war the Sofia's Pact forces are facing heavy resistance in Tbilisi, the mountains and the poor Infrastructure of the region is providing a big help to its defenders.

53dejul43caucaso3fm6.jpg

Last edited:
darn mountains....well at least the only thing in your way are mountains...take away the mountains and the soviets will probably in siberia by now :p

Man, haven't busted out of Kars yet. But, your right, the terrain sucks. The capture of Leningrad and Moscow will help in the long run. Love your pics, they really add to the story.

So the operation has finally started then. Are you aiming for Baku? ;)

Yess Baku will once again be part of the Italian Empire!

How many Alpini divisions do u have?
How many divisions are italian and how many are "allied"?

Have fun getting to Stalingrad be4 the germans, and then watch all the lands you gained turn back red when BP fires. Oh wait , you're not alied with germany are you?

NERFGEN said:

Have fun getting to Stalingrad be4 the germans, and then watch all the lands you gained turn back red when BP fires. Oh wait , you're not alied with germany are you?
No he is not.
Can't wait for update.

grayghost said:
Man, haven't busted out of Kars yet. But, your right, the terrain sucks. The capture of Leningrad and Moscow will help in the long run. Love your pics, they really add to the story.
It is already helping, I will post an update within thirty minutes and you will see.
Thanks for the pics, I also like them.

chefportnen said:
Get to Stalingrad before the Germans!
That is improbable, my main target is Baku and Grozny (oil production), not Stalingrad or even the Volga.

General Jac said:
So the operation has finally started then. Are you aiming for Baku? ;)
Yes, Baku and Grozny, for the black gold!

NERFGEN said:

Italian Empire?
It no longer exist since 1941!

Kingdom of Italy < Italian Empire < Roman Empire

About the division, well, please see these informations in the last update about troops, here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6506791&postcount=308

wilegfass said:
No he is not.
Can't wait for update.
So, just wait a few more minutes!