+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 16 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau

The Hapsburg generals' martial ability of 2, thus marriage is a lot safer. Where would Ck be with out all those family dramas and imponderables such as how does a 0/0/0/0 character survive and how is that 0/0/1/0 an elusiive shadow?

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Ahh, the good old Hapsburg marriage policy. Works a treat.
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

On the look-out for Grues... MagisterMundi's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Eugene, Oregon, United States, 107915639228865, Eugene, Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Maccabeus
    Well, of course, she's a de Cornouaille (with the typical de Cornouaille ridiculously high diplomacy score)! Then again, she'll probably get killed in battle somehow...
    "Somehow" being the key word, here.

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

Real Men Spend All Their Time Managing Their Court.

Chapter 9: Agen

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer reorganized efficiently from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1134-1136

I give Achaia as a Bishopric to Enrique von Habsburg because it's poor and the Greek hillmen will probably appreciate his odd facial hair.

Fertility is apparently another stat Stefan's new wife is good at. That's every stat now pretty much.

And Luitgard von Habsburg wastes a good base stewardship score by becoming some sort of diplomatic person.

Off to the prestige mines!

Just LOOK at those base stats...

And thus passes Berthold von Habsburg, leaving Stefan von Habsburg the last surviving son of Otto von Habsburg who was the only son of Werner von Habsburg who was pretty cool. Also Berthold had ten children or something including two grown daughters I sold off for prestige and two grown sons who are leaders of bishoprics. A pretty good run.

Ah a von Habsburg girl off you go

And since she turned out to be Stefan's eldest daughter I get money? Is there a way to not get anything from marrying off somebody?

Nothing like doing nothing but arranging marriages to fire up the old drive.

And Petros von Habsburg, yet another newly grown male Habsburg, marries Maria Komnenus, who had better not waste her base stewardship stat like the last two girls in my court with high base stewardship stats.

My what exciting times, with all these births and marriages of every single von Habsburg. So many exciting avenues of adventure in this core of Crusader Kings Gameplay of court management! Sadly we will take a small break from it in the next few updates to talk about the Agen thing. Yes, I know all that stuff is boring, but it is a grim necessity, as it is needed to provide context in the matrimonal adventures of the von Habsburg dynasty. Watch in amazement as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 06-06-2007 at 06:09.
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401
    And thus passes Manfred von Habsburg
    erm, so Berthold is just his stripper name?
    j.
    All Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!
    The experience of our ancestors, ever incentives and aids to virtue, would never
    have inspired or saved a single soul, had not the loyalty, zeal, and diligence of writers
    triumphing over sloth transmitted them to posterity
    . — John of Salisbury
    “ æ ð € £ § ¬ † ‡ ¹ ² ³ — · ˚ ſ ¡ ¿ ‽ ≈ ≠ ¶ • º ”

My Inkwell

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Llywelyn
    j.
    You do know his full name is Berthold Manfred Leopold Franciscus Johannes Erich Ritter von Habsburg unter der Turm von Würtemberg...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Arraging your family is one of the basics of the game. Even good old Nappy did it

"Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (1) [Actualizado 18/11/2014]

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Real Men Finally Apply Fancy Titles...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

AARlander

Quote Originally Posted by Llywelyn
    j.
    You were mistaken. No mistake was made.

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

Deus Vult

what about manfred having ten children? why mention that?
    Last edited by Fnuco; 11-05-2007 at 14:03.
    AARs:
    Pictorial and gameplay - China: The Yellow Fever - Favorite EU2 Gameplay AAR Q2 2006, Q1 2007, Q2 2007
    Comedy - England: All your COT are belong to us - Weekly AAR Showcase 25-02-07, Favorite EU2 AAR Q1 2007, Favorite EU2 Comedy AAR Q2 2007
    History book - Spain: The final frontier

You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

give us more marriages and violence and sex. And get some alphabetical provinces while your at it. no time to sit idly and wait until stefan reproduces his genes.
    Alpha et Omega.
    Fan of the Week Oct, 2005

Member of TOP (The Order of the Paradox, a Cybernations based alliance.)

AARlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fnuco
    what about manfred having ten children? why mention that?
    I do not know why you would fabricate quotes. It just seems odd to me.

If your personal demesne is too large, you will gain no gold from such activity. Suddenly there will be all sorts of things that will cost 0 gold.

Habsburgs need sons. Conquest of Agen is necessary for divine favour to sire sons - or some such reason for Stefan's lack of many sons to marry to heiresses.

Are the penalties for wasting high base scores aolways the prestige mines, or do bishoprics sometimes suffice?

Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

I do not know why you would fabricate quotes. It just seems odd to me.
    Wait... stripper names... mistaken identities... ten children born to one or the other...

Egads, I'm so confused!

AARlander

Quote Originally Posted by JimboIX
    Are the penalties for wasting high base scores aolways the prestige mines, or do bishoprics sometimes suffice?
    Pfft! Women being bishops??? 'Tis to laugh!

Don't be too fast to doubt it - if there's anything I have learned from CK, it's that ANYTHING is possible, no matter how hair-brained and demented it might be.

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Well, I've had women become Bishop of Rome (a.k.a Pope), so don't laugh...
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Maccabeus
    Well, I've had women become Bishop of Rome (a.k.a Pope), so don't laugh...
    My point exactly...

That and the Byzantine Empress, but hey, you know.

AARlander

War against Agen.

Chapter 9: Agen

As told with many pictures. And a moderate amount of words.

(All formats, fonts, layouts, and even this little disclaimer reorganized efficiently from phargle's
    Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales))

1136-1137

And so Hermann von Habsburg, the heir apparent to the von Habsburg throne, is ugly. UGLY. UGLY! Who would marry such an ugly man?

Why, a Knytling, of course!

Now if only this daughter had been a son and born about sixteen years earlier. Such awesome stats...

And what's this? The count of Agen, Foix, Granada and Leicester has granted Agen to his son! And since he is a Count the son became an independent vassal to the King of England. Ok.

And what's this? The Kingdom of England is at war with the Scots, and have mobilized their armies! Perhaps now they will be quite distracted?

Just like old times, the Aargauan regiment makes up the bulk of the army.

And just like recent times, Maria Komnenus wastes her high base stewardship with some sort of scheming education.

Huh, that's weird. the King of England has that few men?

Ok then.

Nothing like sieging Agen to fire up the old drive!

Yawn. Such boring trivialities of war and battle. Also it seems that every high-base-stewardship courtier I get wastes it, while I have a stable of imported 14+ diplomacy chancelloresses. Most annoying. And wow, Stefan's son sure is ugly. Watch in amazement as you read the next exciting episode of Real Men Do It Alphabetically, an AARgau!
    Last edited by anonymous4401; 06-06-2007 at 06:11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 16 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 66 ... LastLast