• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Axial-Flow Wonder for the Masses!

...It's amazing what you learn on this AAR. :D

So now I know that Dr Griffith, head of engine research at the RAE, was a pioneer of axial-flow (mostly turboprop) engines at around the same time as the plucky young Pilot Officer Frank Whittle. They didn't get on too well - but perhaps in this reality, with Winston smoothing the way forwards, we can see a joint research endeavour at RAE? Turboprop spitfires by 1940? Meteors with axial-flow turbojets by 1942? Afterburning jets by the late war period? :wacko:

...El-Pip, you must be aiming for the English Electric Lightning to be a reality by the end of the AAR! :eek:

(And, um, Cordell Hull for President... against all the odds. The good people of California demand it!) :rolleyes:

Reactions:
Well my internet at home is down and I'm off work for a few weeks but I've still logged on at the right time to get a final vote in!:D

Hull/Barkley in Ohio. A state he has to win!

Can't wait for the results... ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
What peple of the great state of california demand is legal booze for everyone - Alf in Caly

• 1Like
Reactions:
I cast a final vote for Garner in New Jersey.

How many votes were cast in the whole election? We must have spammed atleast 10-15 pages or something... It sure feels like that ;)

And i also want to thank all my fellow Garner supporters, who made his amazing comeback possible. ;)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hull in California! He is the basis of the ship of state!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Pippy, do keep it up. Everything I read was informative and it led into the story arcs you are trying to create beautifully. Can't wait for the rest of the story.

And one more final vote for Alfred Landon and Arthur Vandenburg in the Buckeye State of Ohio! Its were I started, so its only fitting that I finish there lol.

~Hawk

• 1Like
Reactions:
Vote Hull in the Glorious State of Maryland!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Vote Garner/White in Louisiana!
More for Garner White. Heck I should get a badge for this level of support, or a cabinet position. There Equivalent.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I thought the election was over? So long as it isn't, Landon in Pennsylvania.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My daily Garner vote, in the box... ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
well Pippy, no more stump speaches...no more barnstorming...fundraising and campaign rallies a recent memory. Everyone crowded around their radios or TVs awaiting the result. I know you won't tell us, and I don't wanna know until the update, but this no longer gives you an excuse for delaying updatery....soooo.....:)

~Hawk

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hands across the Sea (not in your back pocket)

"In a marvellous display of international cooperation, the Royal Air Force today assisted the United States of America in transporting urgently needed ballot boxes from remote locations in up-state Montana to their counting locations. Local election officials were surprised at the numbers of votes coming in; one official quoted 'It's a good thing those limeys were around - we never realised there were so many boxes needing to be brought in for counting. Funny they all seem to be for Mister Hull and that Iron Guy, but hey-ho - off to the count we go!'." - BBC Radio :rofl:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Voting Closed

As it is now the 5th polls are closed and voting is over.

RAFspeak - Griffith and Whittle are not going to play nicely, their lack of getting on was one of the reasons Whittle was sent off to form PowerJets (a private company in pretty much name only). Still I'll say no more, don't want to spoil the RAF update too much. ;)

Duritz - Such timing and dedication, I'm duly impressed. :)

Pwn*Star - The last actual update was on Page 74. And there was a good chunk of voting before then so I think 15 pages of votes is probably on the low side. :eek:

Arilou - We shall see.

Hawkeye1489 - Such thanks and encouragement do mean a great deal to a writer. Cheers for that. :D

GeneralHannibal - Gottcha.

Lord Strange - Alas sir you've been implicated in attempted vote rigging and ballot stuffing; trying to vote more than once a day I've been forced to discard a few of your votes. :(

Still all the rest, the legal ones, have counted.

DonnieBaseball - You get the honour of the last Democrat vote. Well done.

caffran - The equivalent State's Right badge for you. :)

merrick - And finally the last Republican vote badge goes your way. That and the amusing juxtaposition award for the last legal vote post starting with the believe the vote was closed. :D

Nathan Madien, Sir H, RAFspeak - Sorry gents, just a few hours too late. :(

Hawkeye1489 - Curses! Still with Christmas and New Year over I might actually get a chance for some peace and quiet to get some writing done. :D

Electoral Stats
Total Votes - 315
State Specific Votes - 215
Most voted on state - California (total of 25 votes)
Least voted on states - 11 states with only one vote each

Reactions:
It's okay, El Pip. I blame my job. :D
Speaking of blaming jobs, I returned to work today to discover the forums here have been added to the company blacklist and are now blocked. :(

To be fair it probably increased my productivity a chunk and decreases the chances of my boss finding me wasting time, probably good things in the current economic climate if I wished to remain employed. But nevertheless it is a vexation.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Awww, dude! *watches as Garner doesn't get angery, he gets... Revenge!"

• 1Like
Reactions:
Pip old fellow, try this perhaps, http://anonym.to/en.html , that might work. Or putting it through one of the translator sites.

Reactions: