• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vote related post

Right gentlemen (and possibly ladies), poll below and something of a 'teaser' for a future update;

Latest Opinion Poll

Hull-Barkley (Democrats) - 38% (-4%)
Landon-Vandenberg (Republican) - 43% (-3%)
Garner-White (State's Rights) - 19% (+7%)

Without a doubt the big electoral event of the previous weeks has been the upcoming Amsterdam Conference, the meeting of the Versailles Treaty states in the neutral Netherlands to re-negotiate the terms of the peace with Germany. President Garner's decision to attend on behalf of the United States has shocked both the country and the fellow signatories, by all accounts the invitation was only issued out of diplomatic courtesy.

While the polling information still indicating that foreign policy is a low priority for most Americans, the preparations have pushed Garner back into the public eye and raised his profile in the vital run in to the election. As the third party candidate Garner had been struggling for coverage, now however the papers and news reels are homing in on him and for once he is driving the agenda.

With precious little time until polling day the questions is will the current fascination with foreign policy last? If so Garner can expect to retain his surge up the polls, however if domestic issues re-assert themselves then the two main parties will be looking to regain lost ground.

Reactions:
Vote Garner-White in California!

• 1Like
Reactions:
As someone else pointed out the States Rights Party is skilled at and not above electoral fraud, with the recent surge in popularity Garner may have a chance of actually winning this election :eek:

However I'm still voting Republican in a state that Pip can choose seen the US states aren't very familiar to me.

Reactions:
Cordell Hull in Mass

• 1Like
Reactions:
That Amsterdam Conference sounds promising. This might either put the Germans in hot boiling water or give Hitler a long-awaited victory to bring home.

Also, a vote for Landon. You also want a state? Hmm, Michigan then.

Reactions:
My Daily dose of Garner, for President. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, granted the Popular Vote is showing a 5 point Republican lead, that don't mean anything here in the US of A. It would be interesting to see an Electoral College Map outlook as it stands, but I don't wanna ruin everything Pippy's got coming in his next update or so. Also, as a side note Pip, I really must say that you are a truly amazing author for all of your modesty. I confess that I have been posting in the thread for the vanity of the popular vote, but had not even begun to read your AAR. However, I take this time to announce that I have indeed caught up from the very beginning, including reading various conversations about the Railways, a possible Imperial Federation and the like (I wanted the full experience :wacko::rofl:) and it has taken me off and on a just under two weeks reading after a late night, but I made it through all 80ish pages of this epic. Its quite astonishing...80 pages, 6 months of Game...it will never cease to amaze me how you managed to accomplish this...besides the last fifteen or so pages of American Voting. I look forward to the rest of this fine story. All the info was daunting, but I have never learned so much about this era in so many far flung areas lol. Oh, and by the way, a January 2 Vote for the GOP in the Golden State of California!

~Hawk

Reactions:
Battleships? ...More Hull needed!

Once more in California for Hull / Ironman :rofl:

...Fascinating fact about Spits crossing the pond with wing tanks El-Pip, and I've long puzzled why drop-tanks were not adopted by everybody as a natural and sensible idea.

As for the election, I suspect Cordell Hull might have to restrict his ambition to being ambassador to blighty or something now! :eek:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hull in North Carolina!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Garner White in California! Again, I want him to be important, and to mess your updates up!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Garner-White agan, yes I know I'm spamming him, but a few bribes to people never hurt.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A new vote for Alf in the new year. Dunno in Maine maybe as they had it first (geographically speaking)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Garner/White. He's picking up ground!!

• 1Like
Reactions: