• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Signor Pedrotti, where do you see Liberals? All I can see are Tradizionalisti Ministers and Granrealisti Ministers; and the Granrealisti Ministers hold two of the most important and prestigous offices in the Cabinet. Thus you are the only one who has actually been insulted - and only in your mind - thus I advise you to stay in the coalition, for the good of I Granrealisti and not for the wellbeing of your Hubris.

RA

Signore, it is not about my own personal position. Bonaretti has, on many occasions, betrayed myself, those I have represented, and those of my own political allegiance, whether they see fit to voice an opinion or not. While I may have been brusque in my statements, I will not retract my demands for recompense or a formal apology for the actions taken by Bonaretti. From his insistence upon forcing through a budget which was modified to the point where it was indistinguishable from that of the Montezomolo administration, simply to appease industrialists (although I would like to remind everyone that I supported a temporary negative tariff in order to help repair industry) to his insistence that I be sent on an errand to find a missing man and not return until he be found (when I have obligations back in Sardinia-Piedmonte). I simply want an apology delivered to all of the conservative persuasion, but in particular myself. I know why Bonaretti refused to grant to me a ministry, but that is no excuse for the manner in which he approached the issue.

- Marzio Pedrotti

Public Address in Response to the Announcement of the Cabinet of Prime Minister Bonaretti

It is in my deepest regrets that I must refuse the position of ambassador so extended to myself. Clearly, as we see many of the true conservatives forced into the roles of ambassador, where, let me remind you, they are unable to act to the best of their abilities within the realm of national politics, that I have found the need to remain in Sardinia-Piedmonte, and would instead seek to question why Prime Minister Bonaretti would see fit the replacement of many proud and strong Sardinians with liberal compromising counterparts. If it is Bonaretti's honest opinion that he is free to abandon all sense of allegiance and dedication to the traditions of His Majesty simply because of our avoidance of revolution in 1848, I would be sincerely disappointed. Does the Prime Minister forget that the conservative majority in the Chamber is because of the alliance between I Tradizionalisti and Il Granrealisti? I demand that the Prime Minister removes these pathetic elements and replaces them with legitimate components, and in particular grants to another member of Il Granrealisti a position within his cabinet.

I hereby reject the offer of ambassadorship offered. The position is not one of disgrace, but the Prime Minister loads what should be a generous office with cynicism and an air of poison that would suffocate most citizens of our fine nation. He has degraded the office into a punishment- which I of all people, deserve least. If anyone is fitting to enter into a wild goose chase for the Conte d'Arborea it is Bonaretti himself! The man masquerades as a fine example of a prime minister despite his lack of dedication to what our nation is built upon. Where has the man who coined the term "hydra" disappeared to? I would not be surprised to see Bonaretti fail to attend the funeral of any member of the royal family for a chance to play with one of his nieces! I demand recompense from the Prime Minister and a position within his cabinet under threat to leave coalition with I Tradizionalisti from my own place.

- Deputy Marzio Pedrotti, Associate Justice of the High Court of Honor

I take great umbrage at this comment. Do not forget that your victory was due in large part to the voting system of Sardinia Piedmont and the lack of a good leader in I Pretoriani. The country is not controlled by conservatives, as you would do well to remember. Although I have had issues with some of Bonaretti's policies, I believe bipartisanship in ambassadors is a good way to go about running the country. I applaud Count Bonaretti because he was able to dig enough into my background to find out my family has a Sicilian background. I ask you then, do any of your party members have any credentials as such that would make them better for the job?

On another note, assuming Count Bonaretti does not give in to threats by Il Granreealisti, I would be happy to accept the job of ambassador. Thank you.
- Marco Moretti

((Private - I Pretoriani))

I wish to make clear the platform that I stand on should I become leader of I Pretoriani.

Trade Policy: Free Trade

Economic Policy: Laissez-Faire

Religious Policy: Pluralism

Citizenship Policy: Limited Citizenship

War Policy: Pro-Military

My vote is as follows:

Vote for Party Leader: Ernesto Granelli

~ Ernesto Granelli, Corporazione Presidente of Il Piedmonte Manifattura Corporazione

Regretfully, I must reject the position of delegate to the Holy See.

~ Enzio Ferrabino

((Private - Societá Hermes))

As I recall, Signor Moretti, the offer I presented did not specifically mention differential in profit due to railroads, but merely the differential in net profits of those factories which use the rail lines. That is why I have expressed concern that other factors which could increase net profits would affect the fee that the SHR receives and inflate it to a higher value than it ought to be. However, upon further thought, I do believe that it shall not be a concern so long as it is stated in the contract that the fee shall only be based on the differential in net profit due to the railroads and not any other factors. In this case, I do believe that your offer in regards to the fee is fair. Should there be nothing else to discuss, then I believe that I can present this new arrangement to the partners of the IPMC for approval.

~ Ernesto Granelli, Corporazione Presidente of Il Piedmonte Manifattura Corporazione

I believe this is fair. While I have to speak with my co-chairman on this, the deal is sound.
- Marco Moretti

I believe this is fair. While I have to speak with my co-chairman on this, the deal is sound.
- Marco Moretti

((Private - Societá Hermes))

Excellent. I shall bring it to a vote of the partners of the IPMC immediately. It has been a pleasure doing business with you and I shall keep you informed as to the decision made by the partners.

((Private - IPMC))

After negotiations with Societá Hermes, the deal for use of their railroads is as follows:

The IPMC shall pay to the SHR a fee for usage of rail in Sardinia and Piedmonte on the basis of 60% of the differential in net profits after tax of the factories of the IPMC in the respective provinces who use that rail line between the net profit as at the start of the contract and the net profit at the end of each year of the contract. The fee shall be based solely on the differential in net profits after tax as a result of use of the rail lines, disregarding any other factors which may influence it. In addition, the contract is terminable at will by the IPMC.

I hereby bring this up to a vote of the partners of the IPMC. Please vote in the following format:

Accept New Offer for Use of the Societá Hermes' Railroads: Aye/Nay/Abstain

Voting shall close in two days or when all partners have voted.

(Private - I Pret))
Vote for I Pret Leader: Ernesto Granelli

[Industrialist]
[Foresight +50%]

Whilst our judicial system is well-functioning, I feel that the organization and hierarchy in place could be made more harmonious as the three High Courts, Criminal, Civil and Honor, are all on an equal level and if points of objection come up there is no single defined highest judicial body, save for the Senate, to give a final ruling. And the Senate has many duties as a legislative body and I believe that the judicial cases should go up there only in extreme cases - and must be solved primarily by professional judges. It must be also noted that the Senate can sit as the highest judicial organ only by a royal decree, therefore, we lack an insttution that would act as a court of ultimate resort consantly. Thus, I propose the following;

Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment

Preamble: In order to solve the issue of the divided highest courts, a new Supreme Court shall be created to act as the highest authority in the judicial system after the Senate.

Hierarchy

I. The judicial hierarchy of all proceedings shall stand as follows:
-a. The Supreme Court, of ultimate resort;
-b. The High Courts of Criminal Law, of Civil Law and of Honor, of tertiary resort;
-c. The Appellate Courts, of secondary resort;
-d. The Judges of the Peace, of primary resort.

Supreme Court

II. The Supreme Court shall be established in the national capital of the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont.

III. The Supreme Court shall be composed of a tribunal of one president and eight justices.

IV. The Supreme Court shall possess supreme jurisdiction, interpret the judgement of the inferior courts and provide for the uniformity of the administration and proceedings of all justice.

V. The Supreme Court shall serve as the ultimate court of appeals in judicial proceedings with final judgement, barring involvement from the Senate.

VI. The Supreme Court shall hold original jurisdiction wherever the proceedings involve the ambassadors, ministers, consuls and plenipotentiaries of other States or domestic servants of His Majesty’s Government (with exception of the cases that are under the jurisdiction of the High Court of Honor), and in proceedings of treason against His Majesty and the Government.

VII. The sessions of the Supreme Court shall be accessible to the public unless the court deems them to be confidential for reasons of public order:
-a. The rulings of the Supreme Court must still be issued openly in all circumstances.

VIII. The Supreme Court shall be empowered to impose penalties as provided for in the Codex.

President of Tribunal of the Supreme Court

IX. The President of the Tribunal of the Supreme Court is appointed by the King. The individual appointed must be at least forty-five years old.

X. The President of the Tribunal of the Supreme Court serves for life unless impeached by vote in the Senate or replaced by the King.

XI. The President of the Tribunal of the Supreme Court oversees proceedings and casts a final deciding vote in case of a tie.

Justices of the Tribunal of the Supreme Court

XII. Justices of the Tribunal are appointed by the King. The individuals appointed must be at least forty years old.

XIII. The Justices of the Tribunal of the Supreme Court serve for life unless impeached by vote in the Senate or replaced by the King.

Last edited:
((I Pretoriani))

Vote for Party Leader: Lucius Vico Balbo (Noco19)

((Private - IPMC))
Accept New Offer for Use of the Societá Hermes' Railroads: Aye

((I Pretoriani))

I must say this convention was much more difficult to choose from than in the past. Though I remain optimistic that whoever emerges from this contest will no doubt lead the party with much needed charisma I will vote for Lucius Vico Balbo, it is due to the times that I have voted to choose this individual since this party has suddenly found itself in rather dire straits, Signor Ernesto Granelli I assure you if times were more stable for the party my decision would have been different.

Signor Presidente, if I may have use of the word for a minute, I would like to congratulate il Marchese di Soleminis for putting forward the Judicial Organization and Hierarchy Amendment for discussion in the Chamber. I have personally found myself at odds with a few overlooked characteristics of our judicial system. Acting as Associate Justice in the High Court of Honour provided me with situations in which a clear hierarchy, legal resources and courses of action were not present. This bill seeks to provide us with much-needed order, for we shall need it in these times ahead, when looming threats to our Kingdom persist, even if hidden behind façades.

- Andrea Damiano Cignetti, OSFS, Marchese di Alba, Ministro dei Trasporti

((Privy Council - Private))

Constantino as the new Praetor di Nizza: Yes

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis

I am sorry you feel this way, Signor Pedrotti. I chose you for this important mission because I needed an energetic and resourceful man to find the Conte d'Arborea. It was certainly not a "punishment" of any kind.

I am not sure what you refer to when you say "my nieces" or why you think I have abandoned the conservative cause. My record, actions, and words show that I have done my utmost to protect and defend the traditional order of the kingdom.

I beg you to reconsider this mission to Russia. Perhaps some time in the cold will allow you to clear your head and see things the way they really are.

-Conte Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister

((I Pret))

Vote for Party Leader: Ernesto Granelli

((IPMC))

Accept New Offer for Use of the Societá Hermes' Railroads: Aye

I believe this is a better arrangement although we should review its operation over time as railroads are such a new opportunity, and we need to see its impact on our operations.

Guiseppe Camilleri

((Also I am away on leave for the next week, so I probably won't be able to join in any votes over that period. Just letting people know so they don't try to send inconvenient political allies to Russia to search for me.))

I tempi di Pedemontis

Lord President Interviewed

250px-Maurin_-_Cambaceres.png

The publication had recently been granted an interview with the nation's second Lord President of the Privy Council Marquis Antonio Maria Enrico di Susa, a man of many titles only matched in experience with ambassadorships overseas in addition to serving at home in the Senate and retaining his influential position on setting the legislative agenda within the Privy Council. The following is the interview in full.

Interviewer: Good afternoon Signor and thank you for giving us some of your time so without further delay we shall get straight to the conservation at hand. As you know the party has returned to prominence in a big way, with the dominating performance by Conservatives led by I Tradizionalisti in your opinion what does this mean for the kingdom both in the short term and long term?

di Susa: To put it simply, this means that our Kingdom is safe -- safe from Jacobins, safe from conflict, and safe from famine. With the parties of tradition and monarchism dominating the CHamber of Deputies, Sardinia-Piedemonte will be secure and prosperous.

Interviewer: If that is the case, what presently threatens the nation if any?

di Susa: The only danger that threatens the Kingdom is one which will always lurk in the shadows -- Jacobinism and anarchy. The agitators and rabble-rousers of 1831 and 1848 still seek to topple the monarchy and throw Sardinia-Piedemonte into chaos. While these foes are currently hiding away, they are always present, and we, as loyal servants of the King, must be on our guard.

Interviewer: During your party’s primaries you and Prime Minister Bonaretti exchanged words in what seemed to be a heated discussion, to put it moderately, on who would better serve the party, do you still stand by what you said after the general election and the affirmation given by the Privy Council?

di Susa: Although I recognize that the Honourable Prime Minister has done a great deal to protect this Kingdom and its people, I stand by my remarks. The Count of Nice rewarded a man who had promulgated defiance of His Majesty with a knighthood -- and for what? For not defying His Majesty earlier, for choosing the "right time" to rebel against the monarchy? If Sardinia-Piedemonte is to prosper, we must have God's blessing -- and would God bless a nation whose Prime Minister condones defiance of the King, who himself receives his mandate from the Almighty? I think not. However, the Count of Nice has proven himself to be a strong leader nonetheless, and I hope that he can be more principled in the future.

Interviewer: Considering your experience as a loyal servant to the King as you say, is there anything you wish for the next government to take part in? Anything in terms of a executive agenda or legislative mandate?

di Susa: I believe that this government must do what His Majesty expects of us -- we must provide for the King's subjects and work to protect them.

Interviewer: Do you have any advice for the Prime Minister and his coming term?

di Susa: Although I may be a prominent member of I Tradizionalisti and an outspoken conservative, it is not my place to advise the Prime Minister.

Interviewer: All right, moving on. What do you think contributed to the Conservative’s epic victory? What are the factors?

di Susa: Well, it appears that the people of Sardinia-Piedemonte have seen the strife and discord caused by the Jacobins and their ilk in the last several years. The people know that drastic change is not what puts food on their tables or keeps their sons out of war. They know that only order and stability can guarantee peace and prosperity for our great Kingdom, and they know that only I Tradizionalisti and I Granrealisti truly support such principles and policies.

Interviewer: Will you resume your position as ambassador to Great Britain? How was your tenure there?

di Susa: I shall gladly resume my position as ambassador to Great Britain. As for my tenure there, it was fine (aside from that horrid food the British eat!).

Interviewer: Marquis, Senator, Ambassador and Lord President of the Privy Council, one cannot deny your experience and resume so the question is are you intending to continue towards the goal of becoming Prime Minister in the future? If so, why?

di Susa: Sir, I should like to tell you that I personally hold no ambitions of political office -- I work only to serve His Majesty the King and his Kingdom. Should my duties to His Majesty require me to take upon myself further responsibility, then I shall do so.

Interviewer: Do you personally believe that the two parties of the Right, I Granrealisti and I Tradizionalisti should unite?

di Susa: Yes, I do believe that the two conservative parties should unite, for the schism that first divided them was one of little significance now. For our Kingdom to be strong and united, the forces of tradition and monarchism must be strong and united.

Interviewer: And lastly, what legacy do you wish to leave?

di Susa: The only legacy I wish to leave is that of a loyal servant to His Majesty and to His Majesty's Kingdom.

Once again we thank the Lord President for his time and wish him the best of luck, we shall see what the future has in store for this well known individual as well as the nation.

(Thanks to LatinKaiser and Happy New Year folks)

The Ministry of the Interior announces that the Ministry is directed to Place a national focus on Encouraging Soldiers in Piedmont.

The Ministry of Commerce will be providing subsidies to:
- The Ammunition factory in Sardinia due to the strategic advantage of having domestic weapons production.
- Any newly built factory during the term for a long enough duration that said factory has reach profitability after which it will have subsidies removed.

- Riccardo Cavalieri, Minister of Commerce

To Right Honorable Conte Giacomo Bonaretti of Nice, Prime Minister of Sardinia-Piedmont
To the Members of the Privy Council of His Majesty
To General Raffaele Alighieri, the Chief of the Army
To the Ministers of the Cabinet of His Majesty
((Private))

Signor Prime Minister,

Our country has been in a precarious position for a long time. A small kingdom, we are bordered by two great powers, none of which are really interested in continuation of our existence and both of which may have territorial pretensions towads Sardinia-Piedmont. While one of them, the Empire of Austria, is currently preoccupied with internal problems and its status of the keeper of the peace set in the Congress of Wienna currently prevents it from making any moves against us, the recent situation in France, our formal ally, is rather disturbing.

The Bonapartist change of powers that happened in this country has triggered the resurrection of many old prejudicies within the French Society. The ideology of Napoleon, that has prevailed in France, was always based on the dreams of conquest, creation of the united European empire - and even though current Bonaparte claims to be a peaceful man, he cannot totally reject revanchist tendencies within his party. Now, within the influentual circles of France, we more often than always hear talks about the return of the "French-cultured and French-populated" Nice and Savoy to the fold of the resurrected Empire, claims that the attempts of Signor Prime Minister to stop the spread of French cultural infuence within our country discriminates the French populace of the Kingdom, et cetera. While not wishing to indulge in fearmongering and not believing that France would go to war with us over these lands very soon, bound by alliance and by the neccessity to make their regime acceptable to the rest of Europe, we do not know what can happen in the future - and, considering the great influence France has within our country, cannot deny the possibility of such events as pressure and secret provokations like attempts to organize revolts within the "French-populated" provinces of our country.

In the light of this, if the state of the Treasury would allow it, the Ministry of War, taking into account the antiquated state of our defense system and understanding the neccesity of its general development, proposes to solidify our military presence in the "French-orientated" regions, which have for hundred years been a part of the domain of the Crown, and increase their potential defensive potential by building there two modern fortifications. The Ministry of War would suggest naming the future Fort of Nice Fortezza Bonaretti, in honor of our Prime Minister, who is the Count of the area - and the future Fort of Savoy Fortezza Umberto, after Humbert I, the Count of Savoy and progenitor of our royal house.

The Ministry of War would also energetically support any further moves of the Chief of the Army regarding the increase of our military forces within the Kingdom, solicitoring creation of new brigades.

SOLEMINIS

((Fortify Nice and Savoy))

Last edited: