• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((ThunderHawk has embued me with the power to formally close the declaration period for I Pretoriani leadership and formally open up the voting.))

((I Pretoriani))

Vote for the new leader of I Pretoriani: Carlo Ponzo (mrlifeless) / Ernesto Granelli (Somberg) / Marco Piccinnu (NiniNunny) / Lucius Vico Balbo (Noco19)

Sample Ballot:

Vote for Party Leader: CANDIDATE

((I Pretoriani))

Vote for Party Leader: Lucius Vico Balbo (Noco19)

The Wolf of Carthage will lead us out of the wilderness.

((Privy Council - Private))

All members of the Privy Council have, by acclaim, advised His Majesty to appoint Conte Giacomo Bonaretti of Nice as the fourth Prime Minister of Sardinia-Piedmont. The transcripts of this session have been sent to the Royal Palace and the Chamber of Deputies.

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis

(( By 9 votes AndreMassena has been recommended as the next Prime Minister))

Bonaretti addresses the Chamber. He is serene and confident unlike the first time he addressed the deputies as Prime Minister.

I would like to give thanks to His Majesty for once again having the confidence in me to lead the government of our great kingdom. I would also like to thank the wise men of the Privy Council for recommending me to His Majesty. Finally, I applaud the people of Sardinia-Piedmont for giving our ticket in overwhelming victory in the election and bestowing their confidence on me.

Before we begin this new term of government, let us bow our heads for a brief moment of silence in honor of His Majesty Carlo Alberto. Let us silently pray that he may be cured of his illness and return to us in better spirits. Life goes on, but it is not the same without our king beside us every day.

Bonaretti bows his head and closes his eyes. When the appropriate amount of time has passed he opens his eyes and picks his head up.

Less than two years ago, our country- nay, our way of life- seemed on the verge of collapse. The dreaded Hydra had grown to its fullest force since the days of the Corsican general. Its deadly heads- Jacobinism, unionism, militant Bonapartism, and freemasonry- had ensnared Sardinia-Piedmont as well as the rest of the continent. Experts and men of science predicted that it was the end for the traditional order. They said that the age of kings and princes were over, that stability would be condemned to the dustbin of history just like past Roman glories, and that republics and their savage progeny would overrun old Europe. True, some of this came to pass. But for the most part, these philosophers were wrong. Europe did not fall; Europe grew stronger from its trial of strength. The Hydra failed and the vile Jacobin plot did not come to fruition.

But how did we survive such an ordeal? We survived because the people demanded that we survive. The philosophers would have you believe that every man, woman, and child was willing to overrun the glorious monuments of civilization and fill the great cities with blood. But these crazed radicals were only a small minority. The people remembered the bloodshed of the French Revolution and the debacle of the following two decades. They decided that they did not want violence and anarchy: they wanted peace and stability. And so, the people of Europe- even our troublesome neighbors- chose order over chaos. The clearest example of this decisive moment came, of course, in our own kingdom. Many so-called "experts" predicted a leftist victory and the end of the monarchy. But the people of Sardinia-Piedmont chose tradition and prosperity in overwhelming numbers. Over ninety percent of the seats went to the cause of righteousness! How could the great people of our kingdom have rebuked the Hydra any more decisively?

However, this process was not an easy one. Some alterations to our system was necessary and they will continue to be necessary in the future. When our illustrious king first signed the Statuo Albertino, I was extremely hesitant and skeptical. I believed there was no way such a system could work. But I was proven wrong as the document has preserved the traditional order and allowed it to thrive in this new era. I learned that the people of Sardinia-Piedmont could be trusted to create a proper form of government with their ballots. Just look at the results- they have chosen their representatives very wisely for the most part. I do not believe Athenian or American democracy is a wise form of government. But I am willing to admit that a fusion of modernity and tradition is prospering right before our eyes. The majesty of the monarchy and the landed gentry has been strengthened by the confidence of the educated people of the kingdom in this post-Statuto government. Perhaps our system can be a model for all the nations of Europe and bring about an era of peace and wealth under the wise direction of the sacred Congress of Vienna and the Holy Father.

But let us not rest on our laurels. Danger still exists and the Hydra can never truly be defeated. Our enemies have been defeated, but they have not been destroyed. Let us keep watch and continue to maintain the integrity of the monarchy, tradition, and Catholic Church. Let us give no respite to the radicals and anarchists; let us continue the work of the last term and build our kingdom. We shall preserve the customs of the kingdom as it heads into an uncertain era and repulse all harmful influences. A new age may be upon us, but the old order still reigns.

A few moments later, a memo was issued from the Prime Minister's office

A MEMORANDUM FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER TO HIS MAJESTY AND THE PEOPLE OF SARDINIA-PIEDMONT

P53ZOCh.png

I present to you the potential cabinet for the upcoming term of government:

PRIME MINISTER: Conte Giacomo Bonaretti di Nizza ((AndreMassena)) I Tradizionalisti

DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER: Marchese Cesare Luigi Amat di Soleminis e Saint Philip ((Marschalk)) I Tradizionalisti

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Carlo Agostino Uleri ((DensleyBlair)) I Tradizionalisti

AMBASSADOR TO THE FRENCH EMPIRE: Conte Maximillian von Habsburg-Lorraine d'Annecy Partito di Unità
AMBASSADOR TO THE AUSTRIAN EMPIRE: Signor Carlo Patto ((Fingon)) I Tradizionalisti
AMBASSADOR TO THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND: Marchese Antonio Maria Enrico di Susa ((LatinKaiser)) I Tradizionalisti
AMBASSADOR TO THE KINGDOM OF PRUSSIA AND THE NORTH GERMAN FEDERATION: Signor Achille Agostino Costantino ((Sealy300)) Independent
AMBASSADOR TO THE RUSSIAN EMPIRE: Signor Marzio Pedrotti ((Firehound15)) Il Granrealisti
AMBASSADOR TO THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE: Mario Boccadelli ((Emilersej)) Partito di Unità
AMBASSADOR TO THE KINGDOM OF THE TWO SICILIES: Signor Marco Moretti ((Canadian_95_RTS)) I Pretoriani
DELEGATE TO THE HOLY SEE: Marchese Alberto Asinari di San Marzano ((Plutonium95)) I Tradizionalisti

MINISTER OF WAR: Marchese Cesare Luigi Amat di Soleminis e Saint Philip ((Marschalk)) I Tradizionalisti

CHIEF OF THE GENERAL STAFF: General Raffaele Guglielmo Niccolò Vittorio Maria Alighieri ((TJDS))

MINISTER OF FINANCE: Signor Claudio Ferrero Gabriele ((99KingHigh)) Il Granrealisti

MINISTER OF COMMERCE: Signor Riccardo Cavalieri ((Otto of England)) I Tradizionalisti

MINISTER OF JUSTICE: Signor Mario del Fungi ((Scrapknight)) I Tradizionalisti

MINISTER OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS: Signor Eugenio Maria Amadeo di Barnardi ((Glueth)) Il Granrealisti

MINISTER OF TRANSPORTATION: Marchese Andrea Damiano Cignetti d'Alba ((Lyonessian)) I Tradizionalisti

MINISTER OF EDUCATION: Conte Francesco Ludovico Costanzo Sforza di Trecate e Galliate ((Maxwell500)) I Tradizionalisti

MINISTER OF REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Signor Alessandro "Sardegno" Vaccarello ((Gen. Marshall)) I Tradizionalisti

OFFICER OF CENSORSHIP: Conte Alvaro Vienta di Numancia d'Ivrea ((Kaisersohaib)) I Tradizionalisti

MINISTER OF THE ROYAL COURT: Barone Augustus Cavour Palma di Quartu Sant'Elena ((naxhi24)) I Tradizionalisti

GOVERNOR-GENERAL OF CARTHAGE: Governor Lucius Vico Balbo ((Noco19)) I Tradizionalisti

PRAETOR DI PIEMONTE: Marchese Antonio Maria Enrico di Susa ((LatinKaiser)) I Tradizionalisti
PRAETOR DI SARDEGNA:Signor Alessandro "Sardegno" Vaccarello ((Gen. Marshall)) I Tradizionalisti
PRAETOR DI SAVOIA: Duca Amadeus Cornelius Salvatore Severin dom Contravarius-Parma y d'Alatriste-Enghien di Provenza ((Contravarius)) I Tradizionalisti
PRAETOR DI NIZZA: Signor Achille Agostino Costantino ((sealy300)) Independent

All ministers must privately send me their plans for them to be finalized.

Thank you all and may God bless our kingdom.

~Conte Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont

((Private-Firehound))

Dear Signor Pedrotti,

Congratulations are in order for your appointment as ambassador to Russia. However, your mission will not be a primarily diplomatic one. As you may well know the last ambassador to Russia, the Count of Arborea, has gone missing in Russia and never returned to Sardinia. Your task is to find the count- dead or alive. Do not return home till you find news of his whereabouts. Good luck in your mission and may God watch over you. Remember that the Russians are a notoriously shadowy people that cannot be trusted. Avoid exposure to the freezing cold, especially during the winter. If the Russian winter can destroy the Corsican than it can definitely destroy you.

Sincerely,

Conte Bonaretti di Nizza
Prime Minister

Last edited:
Signor Presidente, if I may address the House.

It is with great humility that I accept the position within government offered to me by the Rt. Hon. Prime Minister. Whilst our policies in views have, in past years, been the cause of some discord, having received firm assurances from my Rt. Hon. Friend that the Traditionalist movement is to enter into a more conciliatory and sympathetic period during this next term I felt this a most apposite opportunity to reconcile myself with the party whose birth I bore witness two fifteen years ago. It is in this spirit that I shall duly undertake the solemn duties entrusted to me by virtue of my position within the Cabinet.

I do intend intend, however, to take this spirit as one of eirenic flaccidity. Whilst a minister of His Majesty the King, I am naturally primarily beholden to the desires and views of my constituents and electors in Varazze, without whom my governmental position would indubitably be non-existent. I am a representative of the people, as are we all, and so as a representative of the people I shall say this: whilst we my have weathered a great storm in these last years; while calm may have returned; while those ancient and valued traditions of our may still stand, this must not be taken as equating to a mandate for reactionary governance and representation by this August body.

It is true, of course, that the Traditionalist Party carries within this Chamber an unprecedented majority – I would posit, unprecedented not just in our kingdom, but in the great majority of self-respecting democracies in the civilised world. I include Sardinia-Piedmont amongst the ranks of the world's self-respecting democracies in the knowledge that, whilst this abnormal shift in the balance – the gulf – between Opposition and Government may have gripped us for now, it may not in five years time, or whenever it may be that the next election is called. And when this comes to be, we must remember who shall be held accountable by the electorate for whatever may have passed during the previous term. Of course, we will be judged by the entire electorate, and justly so, for it is they whom we have been tasked with representing here – and by extension also their wives, children and parents who may exist without suffrage. Government does not stand merely for the welfare of one man and his ballot paper.

This is, naturally, a great abnormality in many civilised nations – where a government charged with the protection of the many may be so charged by the few – and yet it is a necessary abnormality. I do not wish to question nor challenge this state of affairs, believing it to be most prudent, and so shall not waste a word on it. Merely I wish to reinforce that very point: that our governance is of the many. And yes, this includes the labourers and other workers who have and are engaged in Union activities; it includes those dissenting voices operating underground; it even includes those rogues and blackguards, if you will pardon the expression, Signor Presidente, who have seen it fit to endanger the lives of the citizenry in their quest for redress and so now languish at the mercy of His Majesty's judiciary. It also includes their families and friends, whom I invoke to convey that government is indiscriminate.

The majority of these people currently hold great sympathy for the government, of course, their representatives having duly elected an overwhelmingly Traditional Parliament, though if I may, let me take a moment to examine perhaps why this is. Is this, gentlemen, thanks to the bellicose attitude of the previous Ministry towards popular discontent? Is this thanks to the reactionary and limiting policies of the Rt. Hon. Prime Minister's previous government? Or have we been so rewarded with this majority by the people of the Kingdom by way of some show of gratitude? The previous government, whether wittingly or not, did a great deal more to offer redress to to-day's social ills than any ministry prior to it. Despite its vitriolic and oftentimes exacerbating rhetoric to have come out of its ministers, the last government ended as one of sympathy and compassion, choosing not to concern itself with sweeping attacks on modern and questionable institutions, but instead choosing to allay and assuage grievances where they may have arisen, leading with the sword and not the shield.

It is in this spirit, one of sympathy and wi the highest regard for the safety and well-being of all of His Majesty's subjects, that I stand here to-day a Minister of the Crown. It is the selfsame spirit I have been sufficiently assured is still extant within the government so as to occasion my acceptance of high office. And yet already, having noted keenly that the danger has supposedly passed, this spirit is, in some quarters, beginning to wear away.

I speak primarily of the so-called Second Chamber Gag Bill, proposed by the Rt. Hon. Minister of the Royal Court, which proposes that certain topics no doubt unsavoury to my Rt. Hon. Friend's person be omitted from all cameral business. Whilst perhaps a gesture designed so that contentious topics may be avoided, I would urge that the Chamber would be extremely ill-advised to adopt such a negative attitude. I note keenly that the topics proposed for subjection to a ban by the Rt. Hon. Minister – videlicet, regulation of both the press and political parties – are not presently the source of a great deal of popular debate. Whilst aspects of these topics may of course be disagreeable in some way to many of us present, and indeed many of those whom we represent, it is not owing to these particular ills that people take to the streets, and so to smother all discussion relating to them would achieve naught.

Indeed, I would opine that it would cause a great deal more harm than good. It is well known and widely accepted that debates given no oxygen in the Chamber do not vanish, but are merely translated onto the streets where, unlike within this Chamber, they are subject to no limits nor codes of conduct, and so may soon spill over into violent agitation. And rightly so. Whilst I do not condone violent displays of civil discord, a government not willing to discuss any issues that may be acting to the detriment of the commons good should be censured fully, for in doing so it would be neglecting its most fundamental job: that of the complete representation of the people.

I therefore wish to offer my fullest rejection and censure of the proposed bill, as loth as I am to do so, as mere reactionary fear-mongering, which enacted would no doubt inadvertently do more to exacerbate ill and discord in its obfuscation of Parliamentary procedure than it would to alleviate agitation. To even consider this bill is to abnegate those principles on which we have been elected, and with which we must govern: sympathy towards the people, and a paramount concern for their safety and well-being. This is the fundamental tenet of sympathetic government, and it is in this manner that we must go forward in order to maintain the civil peace.

The Rt. Hon. Don Carlo Agostino Uleri M.P.
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs

((Private-Privy Council))

My lords,

It has come to my attention that Signor Legrand has disappeared off the face of the known earth. Obviously it is quite disturbing that many notable figures have disappeared over the past few months. But we must soldier on and appoint a new Praetor for the good province of Nice.

There are three other notable figures from Nice from what I know: General Pec, the sea urchin Zecchini, and the good Signor Constantino. Obviously a military man cannot properly serve our country as a soldier and administrator and I do not even need to explain why Zecchini is unsuitable. Thus, the best candidate for the job is the highly qualified Signor Constantino. With this information in mind, I propose this motion:

Vote for Constantino ((sealy300)) as the new Praetor di Nizza: Yes/No/Abstain

Vote for Constantino as the new Praetor di Nizza: Yes

-Conte Bonaretti di Nizza, Prime Minister

((Vote ends in 48 hours))

I want to thank His Majesty and Right Honorable Prime Minister for appointing me to the high office of the Minister of War. It indeed an honor for me to serve in the cabinet led by the Savior of the Kingdom once again.

As the past years have proved, our glorious army is one of the most imporant guarantees both of our internal peace and external security. It is, therefore, important to work on improving the defensive potentialities of the realm, keep the army in a modern and effective shape, constantly search for new approaches that correspond with the aims set by time. I would submit my proposals shortly.

- Cesare Luigi Amat, Marchese di Soleminis, OSFS,
Senator and Minister of War

I welcome and accept my appointment to the Ministry of the Interior, and shall endeavour to submit my plans for approval promptly.

Furthermore I congratulate Don Gabrielle as my replacement in the Ministry of Finance and wish him the best of luck in his endeavours.

I accept to continue my duties as Minister of Transportation, and thank the Prime Minister for his trust. Let a new day rise over Sardegna-Piemonte.

- Andrea Damiano Cignetti, OSFS, Marchese di Alba, Ministro dei Trasporti

To Signor Marzio Pedrotti, Deputy and Ambassador to the Russian Empire ((Firehound - Private))

Dear Signor Pedrotti,

I want to congratulate you on receiving a responsible and honorable mission of heading the royal embassy in such a major and powerful state as the Empire of Russia. Having held the similar position in 1837 - 1841 and having many connections within the ruling circles of this northern tsardom. If neccessary, I would be glad to be of assistance and provide you with letters of recommendation to HIH Grand Duke Michael Pavlovitch, the brother to the Emperor, and Count Alexei Fedorovitch Orlov, the Chief of the Gendarmes. Having been acquainted with these people, you would not only make a good entrance into the social life of aristocratic St Petersburg, which is really enjoyable and vivid, but receive the neccessary formal and informal aid.

I would also ask you for a personal favour, my youngest son is currently educated in the Imperial Corps of Pages in St Petersburg and I would be grateful if you passed him a letter and some money from myself.

I wish you the best of luck and, as a fellow author, hope that life in this unique country would give you much material for future works.

SOLEMINIS

The disgracious attitude of Signor Gerard Legrand as Praetor of Nice is an insult to our great office. As prime representatives of the Kingdom's four home regions, we Praetors must act with honour and it is my opinion that the regional Parliaments should have the power to remove the inactive and indecent amongst us while the King is occupied with more important affairs. It is for this reason that I wish to amend the Bill for Proper Administration of the Regions of the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont, which I shall quote here for reference.

Act for Proper Administration of the Regions of the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont

I. We affirm that the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont is comprised of four parts, to wit Sardinia, Piedmont, Savoy and Provence. These parts shall henceforth be referred to as "regions".
a. Each region shall be comprised of a varying number of provinces, as defined in the existing bureaucracy of our nation.
b. Each constituent province shall be comprised of a varying number of municipalities. A municipality shall be defined as any separate city, town or settlement including a proportional amount of surrounding land, so that the entirety of the Kingdom is part of a municipality.​
II. A regional government will be formed in each region.
a. Regional governments are subordinate to the national government and its executive in every aspect, unless they are specifically granted a power to exercise over the territory and inhabitants of their region by the law or by said national government.
b. The regional governance is established on a basis of democracy.
c. Membership of a regional government grants an individual the same privileges granted to members of the national legislature.
d. Membership of a regional government does not exclude an individual from taking place in the national legislature.
III. The nation's chief executive appoints four Praetors, one as executive for each region. The Praetor is the formal head of his regional government and serves in that capacity at the pleasure of the national executive.
a. A Praetor is required to either contribute an amount of tax significant enough to (as of 1846) fall within the highest class of vote weighting, or be a member of the clergy.
b. A Praetor must have been born within the region, lived there for at least 30 years and he must be an inhabitant of the region in question during the entirety of his term.
c. A Praetor is the highest authority for the police forces in his region.
d. The Praetors have a charter to adjust regional taxation and tariffs by up to 5% and subsidize local industry and agriculture. The Praetors also have the power to veto legislation passed by their respective regional Parliaments.
e. The Prime Minister may appoint a temporary Praetor when the national executive fails to do so. His opinion will be taken into account for the appointment of a more permanent holder of the office.
IV. The inhabitants of each region democratically elect a Regional Parliament as legislative power.
a. The Parliament of a region shall be comprised of as many seats as there are constituencies in said region. The total amount of seats of all regional Parliaments combined shall therefore be equal to the amount of seats in the National Parliament.
b. Regional elections shall be held simultaneously with national elections.
c. The regional Parliaments have a charter to legislate with regards to local culture, education up to College level, health, spatial planning, criminal law and powers of the Mayors, Magistrates and regional Praetor.
V. The Praetor of a region appoints one Magistrate for every municipality in his region.
a. The Magistrate is an executive to the Regional government and holds no individual powers, except for those specifically granted to him.
b. The Magistrate is required to either contribute an amount of tax significant enough to (as of 1846) fall within the second highest class of vote weighting, or be a member of the clergy.
c. The Magistrate must be an inhabitant of the province in question during the entirety of his term and must have been for at least four years prior.
VI. The Magistrate of a province appoints one Mayor for every municipality in his region.
a. The Mayor is an executive to the Regional government and holds no individual powers, except for those specifically granted to him.
b. The Mayor is required to either contribute an amount of tax significant enough to acquire the right to vote, or be a member of the clergy.
c. The Mayor must be an inhabitant of the municipality in question during the entirety of his term and must have been for at least four years prior.
VII. All regional actions and legislation combined may not lead to an (increased) deficit on the national budget.
a. If the entirety of actions and legislation of a region combined do lead to an (increased) deficit on the national budget, the National Parliament may exercise the power of veto over the regional matters in question.​

My suggested alteration of this bill is as follows;

Amendment to the Act for Proper Administration of the Regions of the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont

Paragraph IV, Section d shall be added to read; "The regional Parliaments may start a vote to remove the Praetor of their region from office on two grounds; incapability and/or indecency. A simple majority of representatives shall successfully remove an inactive Praetor or one unwillling to serve from office. Should the Praetor exercise his right to veto, a three-fourths majority of representatives shall be required to override this veto in a new successful vote."
Paragraph IV, Section c shall be amended to read; "The regional Parliaments have a charter to legislate with regards to local culture, education up to College level, health, spatial planning, criminal law, powers of the Mayors, Magistrates and regional Praetor and regional form of electoral representation, so long as the principle that every enfranchised member of the regional populace is represented by a vote in the regional Parliament is maintained."
Paragraph III, Section d shall be amended to read; "The Praetors have a charter to adjust regional taxation and tariffs by up to 5% and subsidize local business. The Praetors also have the power to veto legislation passed by their respective regional Parliaments, which may only be overruled by a three-fourths majority in said Parliament."

This Amendment to the Regions Act will hopefully increase the standard of regional governance by subjecting all Praetors to the democratic voice of their regions. Knowing now that our Praetors shall be, if I may say so myself, qualified and honourable men, I feel compelled to present another Bill to Parliament. As you all know, aside from being an advocate for a Sardinian voice in our democracy I am also most concerned with the disproportional power of our military forces to unilaterally declare a state of martial law and terror against our people. It is of course unacceptable that men-at-arms may influence civil governance without any checks on their powers or their motives and for this reason I present the following bill;

Bill for the Regulation of Military Martial Law
I. Martial Law, like any action in which the military involves itself in duties usually practised by the regional or national police, is a last resort to be used only in a state of absolute and unquestionable emergency.
II. Should a member of the Royal Sardinian Armed Forces wish to enact Martial Law on a province, or use his forces to keep order amongst the local populace in any other way, he must first acquire permission from the relevant civil authorities.
a. The assent of the King and the Prime Minister is required at all times.
b. Should such action be taken in one of the home regions of Sardinia-Piedmont, the Praetor of the region in question must give assent.
c. Should such action be taken in a designated colonial territory of Sardinia-Piedmont, the Governor-General of said territory must give assent.​
III. The military officers responsible for calling such a Martial Law may be called before Parliament to explain themselves.

Signed,

790978560115011311214_zps076d61bf.png

Don Alessandro Sardegno
Praetor di Sardegna

((Private-Privy Council))

viimanelotildeppvaumlike_zps1ddcba2e.jpg

Constantino as the new Praetor di Nizza: Yes

-His Grace Amadeus Cornelius Salvatore Severin dom Contravarius-Parma y d'Alatriste-Enghien, Duca of Provence and Barone of Rubicon, Praetor of Savoy and Senator for Life
Order of Saint Francis de Sales, Second Class

A week after the announcement of the new Bonaretti cabinet, His Grace Duke of Provence with a deep shuddering sigh decided to to quell the rumor mill, explaining at one of the bigger social gatherings that the new duties and responsiblities that accompany his new position will not allow him to continue as a minister of His Majesty's Government, but that doesn't mean he won't continue tirelessly serving the Crown and God, remain as the Praetor of Savoia, nor that he will in any other way withdraw from the political life now that the immediate danger to the stability of the Kingdom has been finally scattered.
"For me grey hair and 45 years of age would never alone be a reason enough to leave my obligations to the land of our Fathers," he added, "my bleeding heart just wouldn't allow it."
Later, in a smaller circle of debutantes and flamboyant socialites he hinted that the move might have also been a personal favour to his old friend and ally "Hydra Slayer" Bonaretti who had once represented the main thriving force behind the campaign that allowed dom Contravarius to go through with his scheme to gain the ducal title of Provence.

The act proposed by Signor Sardegno to limit the use of Martial Law would be prudent, if it was used in unnecessary situations, but it is already used in the most dangerous times, thus this act will do nothing more than restrict the Armed Forces in their ability to fulfill their duty in times when they need to act quickly. Thus I advise the MPs to not further support this act, for it will not enhance the safety of the Sardinian-Piedmontese Citizen, which is clearly the purpose of this act.

Generale d'Esercito Raffaele Alighieri, Chief of the General Staff, CSML

The act proposed by Signor Sardegno to limit the use of Martial Law would be prudent, if it was used in unnecessary situations, but it is already used in the most dangerous times, thus this act will do nothing more than restrict the Armed Forces in their ability to fulfill their duty in times when they need to act quickly. Thus I advise the MPs to not further support this act, for it will not enhance the safety of the Sardinian-Piedmontese Citizen, which is clearly the purpose of this act.

Generale d'Esercito Raffaele Alighieri, Chief of the General Staff, CSML

Enhancing the safety of the Sardinian-Piedmontese Citizen is indeed the purpose of this act, Generale, a purpose it will serve well. Are you saying the status quo is desirable? Are you saying that allowing Generals and Colonels to act against the citizens of our nation without permission from anyone (including you!) is a good idea? I had expected more from our Chief of General Staff than advocacy of anarchy.

As for your concern that this will restrict the speed at which we can declare a martial law, we need not worry. As you very well know, even Parliament can conduct business in negligible time and this Bill in particular does not require a vote at all; it merely requires a signature by some of the highest and most active officials in the Kingdom. Time will not be an issue.

- Praetor Don Alessandro Sardegno di Sardegna

Enhancing the safety of the Sardinian-Piedmontese Citizen is indeed the purpose of this act, Generale, a purpose it will serve well. Are you saying the status quo is desirable? Are you saying that allowing Generals and Colonels to act against the citizens of our nation without permission from anyone (including you!) is a good idea? I had expected more from our Chief of General Staff than advocacy of anarchy.

As for your concern that this will restrict the speed at which we can declare a martial law, we need not worry. As you very well know, even Parliament can conduct business in negligible time and this Bill in particular does not require a vote at all; it merely requires a signature by some of the highest and most active officials in the Kingdom. Time will not be an issue.

- Praetor Don Alessandro Sardegno di Sardegna

Advocate of Anarchy? Only the highest and most loyal of His Majesty's Officers can declare Martial Law and if they were to act out of proportion, which is very unlikely, they will not be left unpunished, they will be coury martialed and if need be prosecuted for their crimes. Thus I ask you is this anarchy? If so look outside and look at your 'Anarchy'. Signor, if you ever call me that again, I will challenge you at the Court of Honour.

RA

((I Pretoriani))

Vote for Party Leader: Carlo Ponzo

I graciously accept the position of the Minister of Commerce.

- Riccardo Cavalieri

Public Address in Response to the Announcement of the Cabinet of Prime Minister Bonaretti

It is in my deepest regrets that I must refuse the position of ambassador so extended to myself. Clearly, as we see many of the true conservatives forced into the roles of ambassador, where, let me remind you, they are unable to act to the best of their abilities within the realm of national politics, that I have found the need to remain in Sardinia-Piedmonte, and would instead seek to question why Prime Minister Bonaretti would see fit the replacement of many proud and strong Sardinians with liberal compromising counterparts. If it is Bonaretti's honest opinion that he is free to abandon all sense of allegiance and dedication to the traditions of His Majesty simply because of our avoidance of revolution in 1848, I would be sincerely disappointed. Does the Prime Minister forget that the conservative majority in the Chamber is because of the alliance between I Tradizionalisti and Il Granrealisti? I demand that the Prime Minister removes these pathetic elements and replaces them with legitimate components, and in particular grants to another member of Il Granrealisti a position within his cabinet.

I hereby reject the offer of ambassadorship offered. The position is not one of disgrace, but the Prime Minister loads what should be a generous office with cynicism and an air of poison that would suffocate most citizens of our fine nation. He has degraded the office into a punishment- which I of all people, deserve least. If anyone is fitting to enter into a wild goose chase for the Conte d'Arborea it is Bonaretti himself! The man masquerades as a fine example of a prime minister despite his lack of dedication to what our nation is built upon. Where has the man who coined the term "hydra" disappeared to? I would not be surprised to see Bonaretti fail to attend the funeral of any member of the royal family for a chance to play with one of his nieces! I demand recompense from the Prime Minister and a position within his cabinet under threat to leave coalition with I Tradizionalisti from my own place.

- Deputy Marzio Pedrotti, Associate Justice of the High Court of Honor

((Well, it looks like the I Trad. - Il Tran alliance is toast ...))

Public Address in Response to the Announcement of the Cabinet of Prime Minister Bonaretti

It is in my deepest regrets that I must refuse the position of ambassador so extended to myself. Clearly, as we see many of the true conservatives forced into the roles of ambassador, where, let me remind you, they are unable to act to the best of their abilities within the realm of national politics, that I have found the need to remain in Sardinia-Piedmonte, and would instead seek to question why Prime Minister Bonaretti would see fit the replacement of many proud and strong Sardinians with liberal compromising counterparts. If it is Bonaretti's honest opinion that he is free to abandon all sense of allegiance and dedication to the traditions of His Majesty simply because of our avoidance of revolution in 1848, I would be sincerely disappointed. Does the Prime Minister forget that the conservative majority in the Chamber is because of the alliance between I Tradizionalisti and Il Granrealisti? I demand that the Prime Minister removes these pathetic elements and replaces them with legitimate components, and in particular grants to another member of Il Granrealisti a position within his cabinet.

I hereby reject the offer of ambassadorship offered. The position is not one of disgrace, but the Prime Minister loads what should be a generous office with cynicism and an air of poison that would suffocate most citizens of our fine nation. He has degraded the office into a punishment- which I of all people, deserve least. If anyone is fitting to enter into a wild goose chase for the Conte d'Arborea it is Bonaretti himself! The man masquerades as a fine example of a prime minister despite his lack of dedication to what our nation is built upon. Where has the man who coined the term "hydra" disappeared to? I would not be surprised to see Bonaretti fail to attend the funeral of any member of the royal family for a chance to play with one of his nieces! I demand recompense from the Prime Minister and a position within his cabinet under threat to leave coalition with I Tradizionalisti from my own place.

- Deputy Marzio Pedrotti, Associate Justice of the High Court of Honor

Signor Pedrotti, where do you see Liberals? All I can see are Tradizionalisti Ministers and Granrealisti Ministers; and the Granrealisti Ministers hold two of the most important and prestigous offices in the Cabinet. Thus you are the only one who has actually been insulted - and only in your mind - thus I advise you to stay in the coalition, for the good of I Granrealisti and not for the wellbeing of your Hubris.

RA