• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If germany don't make many strategic errors,the situation in 1944 can be easy controled.

If germany don't make many strategic errors,the situation in 1944 can be easy controled.
pretty much. so far, ive found it easier than in hoi2

maybe actually beating russia is harder long term, but stabilizing the front is much easier, which i think is the biggest difficulty. russia can be beaten with attrition (i think, in hoi2, the russians had the manpower to reinforce but never used enough IC for reinforcement, and i was always able to simply grind them down through 45 and 46. by 47 divisions were melting and i crushed them that year, typically)

Switzerland should invade now. That'd really screw you up.

Oh, no! They have tried a lot! It is just that they have lots of trouble to recover their org :sleep: They are currently very busy trying to take Budapest, a bloodbath for both sides (unfortunately more on my side). The Panzerwaffe is dying there (urban area+fortifications level 8) to buy some time. It is truly a new Verdun. If I loose it, the retreat could be long.

Oh, no! They have tried a lot! It is just that they have lots of trouble to recover their org :sleep: They are currently very busy trying to take Budapest, a bloodbath for both sides (unfortunately more on my side). The Panzerwaffe is dying there (urban area+fortifications level 8) to buy some time. It is truly a new Verdun. If I loose it, the retreat could be long.
does the ai properly allocate their IC? in the 44 scenario in hoi2, i found i could ground down the soviets via attrition because they didnt reinforce their units.

im having a terrible problem with oil, however. i may lose romania due to not being able to move my units effectively

Last edited:
does the ai properly allocate their IC? in the 44 scenario in hoi2, i found i could ground down the soviets via attrition because they didnt reinforce their units.

im having a terrible problem with oil, however. i may lose romania due to not being able to move my units effectively
They do. At least for reinforcements. When they renew their attacks, they are at full strength, or very close. In the statistics (see above), my casualties are mainly from them. But they must restrain their attacks because they recover their org very slowly (I'm doing everything for this :) )

If you can pull this off Lucifer, you will be my greatest hero forever :D
That's called 'putting the pressure' IIRC :blush: Should I succeed, I will have to create a bug in the bug tracking system. Reason: ~ incorrect feature creating unbalance. This scenario shouldn't be winnable, I'm trying to make a point here.

That's called 'putting the pressure' IIRC :blush: Should I succeed, I will have to create a bug in the bug tracking system. Reason: ~ incorrect feature creating unbalance. This scenario shouldn't be winnable, I'm trying to make a point here.
There are just two main problems with this scenario: Germany has too well manned divisions (many divisions at this point existed only in theory) and Germany has too much IC. The German player should not be able to produce pretty much anything except preset militia units already in build queue (set to have low cost and fast build time to simulate the Volkssturm).

I would recommend, though, that you reserve the "this scenario is winnable" until you've defeated the Soviets :p

There are just two main problems with this scenario: Germany has too well manned divisions (many divisions at this point existed only in theory) and Germany has too much IC. The German player should not be able to produce pretty much anything except preset militia units already in build queue (set to have low cost and fast build time to simulate the Volkssturm).

I would recommend, though, that you reserve the "this scenario is winnable" until you've defeated the Soviets :p
That's some truth. Anyway, with the construction time, almost any new unit produced should exit the production line after the end of the war.
Regarding your last line, hence the 'Should I succeed...' :)

So, my current situation in '44 scenario. Any advice how should I proceed further?

fin-1.png

north-2.png
south.png

Do you have /any/ units in the west btw?

I would try to encircle some Soviets here and there. Maybe kick them out of Romania so that Romania cant flip.

2-3 divisions on the beaches (mostly militia). I am preparing simultaneous invasion on a Galicia/Eastern Romania, maybe on on the entire front?

How do you survive in 1944?

How do you survive in 1944?

To survive in '44 is easy, to achieve "victory" in '44 is very hard. Or should I say, it is yet to be seen. :)

As to how, read my earlier posts in this thread.