• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing my Jerusalem game, RAGE is the fact that anyone can launch a Crusade/Jihad.

Sure, it's not an official one, but when everyone in the world has a Holy War CB on your land just because of your religion, it gets frustrating and annoying, and pretty much feels like a Jihad.

Which keeps me playing mods like CK2+ and Balansegang.

In CK2+ it costs a lot of piety and discourages it unless absolutely desired. In Balansegang, you have to border the province your Holy War'ing. (Granted, in a lot of games, the Shia Caliphate still borders you, XD)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Rage:

Playing as Byzantines, 1066 scenario. When the at-start Emperor died, that useless git Michael Doukas inherited. Three of his five stats were zero, and he had somehow gained the "Suspected Coward" trait before inheriting. Naturally, the entire empire immediately revolted. I sent him into battle (in the vague hope that he wouldn't come back)... he fought a whole series of engagements, slowly forcing the rebelling Dukes to make peace; but in the process he got first wounded, then maimed, then totally incapacitated by a head-wound.

Eventually, after years of struggle, only one rebel Duke was still in the war; all the rest had been forced to make peace and were under a ten-year truce. My available manpower was nearly exhausted... down to about 6,000 total.

... then Micheal Dukas died. Ending the truce. The whole empire immediately rebels again.

Ouch !

I also have one, though it's nothing compared to yours. I sent my chancellor on a mission to fabricate a claim on Taranto (Sicily). 20 years pass and nothing happens, when finally he tells me he has forged a claim .. but .. he needs over 800 gold to press it. Great !

Playing as a Duchess of Toscana. For years trying to get the claims from the surrounding counties. Suddenly there are rebellions in all of the HRE. So i said to myself that I'll give it a try and declared war of independence. I was winning with warscore of 75% and with the help of mercenaries defeating another huge stack of the Kaisers' men. Than my councillor brings me fabricated claim, i lose all money, mercenaries abandon me and I lose and must propose white peace while Emperor is still eager to sign it.

After decades of chipping away at the Shia Caliphate, I manage to take all of de jure Egypt. And since I have all the lands, why not usurp the title and make myself Queen of Egypt, since that goes well with my other titles (Jerusalem, Hungary).

I usurp, and find that Egypt is Agnotic Gavelkind. Then some upstart offshoot from my family (an Orthodox Greek, no less) assassinates all of my heirs and then me, so all of my hard work in Egypt goes to him, and passes from my realm. And then of course the Ilkahnate swoops in and takes all of Egypt at once. It made me want to cry.

Rage:

Playing as Byzantines, 1066 scenario. When the at-start Emperor died, that useless git Michael Doukas inherited. Three of his five stats were zero, and he had somehow gained the "Suspected Coward" trait before inheriting. Naturally, the entire empire immediately revolted. I sent him into battle (in the vague hope that he wouldn't come back)... he fought a whole series of engagements, slowly forcing the rebelling Dukes to make peace; but in the process he got first wounded, then maimed, then totally incapacitated by a head-wound.

Eventually, after years of struggle, only one rebel Duke was still in the war; all the rest had been forced to make peace and were under a ten-year truce. My available manpower was nearly exhausted... down to about 6,000 total.

... then Micheal Dukas died. Ending the truce. The whole empire immediately rebels again.
Thus, truces and wars should be inherited imo.

My most rage inducing moment was when my awesome king fell was rendered incapable after a massive fight against Al Andalus, and stays that way for 10 years with his also skilled son as regent. When he finally dies literally it seems 30 seconds go by before my new king is rendered incapable in ANOTHER GODDAMN BATTLE... against the same general nonetheless. To make it even more silly I had captured him in the first battle and decided to ransom after the first battle to help pay for more mercenaries! and he dies a grand total of 7 months later. Then the crown elects his half brother who is promptly assassinated within a year and all my vassals are revolting at this succession crisis whilst the Muslims are busy ransacking my empire. Finally the throne ends up in the hand of his son who is 15 years old and promptly rules for about 70 years ,but I lost about half my empire in this crisis.

Playing as a Duchess of Toscana. For years trying to get the claims from the surrounding counties. Suddenly there are rebellions in all of the HRE. So i said to myself that I'll give it a try and declared war of independence. I was winning with warscore of 75% and with the help of mercenaries defeating another huge stack of the Kaisers' men. Than my councillor brings me fabricated claim, i lose all money, mercenaries abandon me and I lose and must propose white peace while Emperor is still eager to sign it.
you know you can turn down a fabricated claim...

TheStrangerOrg said:
you know you can turn down a fabricated claim...
Maybe it was bugged, or patches changed the situation but for turning down the claim I also paid the same ammount of gold as for pressing it. So there was no option for me to let it go without paying for it...

Maybe it was bugged, or patches changed the situation but for turning down the claim I also paid the same ammount of gold as for pressing it. So there was no option for me to let it go without paying for it...

This might be a bug in an old version. What version are you playing? Because normally you can turn down a fabricated claim and gain some piety.

That situation has taken place in the demo version. Playing normal game, after 1.04 patch I didn't have this problem. The option of "let go" claims works and doesn't cost you any gold. I think it was fixed by the Paradox.

Rage:

Playing as Byzantines, 1066 scenario. When the at-start Emperor died, that useless git Michael Doukas inherited

ancestor of Michael Dukakis?

Reactions:
That situation has taken place in the demo version. Playing normal game, after 1.04 patch I didn't have this problem. The option of "let go" claims works and doesn't cost you any gold. I think it was fixed by the Paradox.

hmm, well then, why don't you register your copy and get access to the support forums, since, you know, I'm quite sure you have a legit copy...

@AllThat4Nothing
Because I share the game with my brother on one computer, and he is already registered here. It unfortunately locks some forums' options for me. That's first. Secondly I had this problem only once. It has never happened in full-patched game, so I don't bother asking about error which has already been removed.

@tnick0225
Actually this thread is about "rage moments" so it doesn't mean the same as ragequiting ;) I think this game is too good to leave it after some bad moments. These setbacks IMO make it even more interesting because such a difficulties appear in real life. Yesterday my King has been maimed in a battle against HRE. It was a minor skirmish and the war was almost already won. He died soon after with his son succeeding him. But such things happen.

@tnick0225
Actually this thread is about "rage moments" so it doesn't mean the same as ragequiting...

Yes, I continued my Byzantium game after the "Revolt of the Dukes Round #2"... and all is now under control.