• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My heir was ginger...

Reactions:
ragecomic.png

Reactions:
My son was betrothed to the Duchess of Lancaster's first daughter. The second daughter was married to my second son. At this moment of time, Lancaster made up 90% of all lands in England. My son was set to inherit. However, the duchess of Glochester decided to become the ultimate W.itch.

She tried but failed to murder my son, then again failed to murder my future daughter-in-law. I was given the retaliation event, and it backfired on me. So I died, and my son became King. Not too bad yet, until the W.itch gets in one more assassin just to show she meant business. She kills my daughter-in-law (ruining decades of planning), then just to make sure she gets the Ducal title, she kills my second son and his betrothal (who was the 2nd daughter and now heir to the title).

Well, at least I salvaged the situation by finally killing her off (she'll never take the title!) and marrying the juvenile King to the only daughter of the Duchy of Brittany.

My son was betrothed to the Duchess of Lancaster's first daughter. The second daughter was married to my second son. At this moment of time, Lancaster made up 90% of all lands in England. My son was set to inherit. However, the duchess of Glochester decided to become the ultimate W.itch.

She tried but failed to murder my son, then again failed to murder my future daughter-in-law. I was given the retaliation event, and it backfired on me. So I died, and my son became King. Not too bad yet, until the W.itch gets in one more assassin just to show she meant business. She kills my daughter-in-law (ruining decades of planning), then just to make sure she gets the Ducal title, she kills my second son and his betrothal (who was the 2nd daughter and now heir to the title).

Well, at least I salvaged the situation by finally killing her off (she'll never take the title!) and marrying the juvenile King to the only daughter of the Duchy of Brittany.

why did it take you so long to kill her?

i would burn all my money to see her die!

i was playing as the king of poland.married to a hot chick but no children.so i legitimized a bastard.then my wife was pregnant with a girl.then while my bastard son was being raised he got the homosexual and trait (he was also born ugly).i did not mind as i was hoping for an other son... but i died.i had a huge kingdom and a claim on the hungarian kingdom.when this happened i was fighting norway (tough war,almost even troops) and then i had lack of fund and my mercenaries attacked me,and a series of civil wars broke out,so i had to make white peace with norway and fight 3 civil wars at the same time + mercenairies and lack of fund.when i got rid of 1 rebel count and the mercenaries BOOM!!! the HRE
declares war claiming my kingdom.... i stopped playing for a while after that

Is it just me or are the Byzantines extreme racists? I don't know what they do to other vassals, but playing as a Serbian, the Emperor continues to try to strip me of my title in favor of his son. I don't know if he does it to Greek nobles, but this is pissing me off, I can't play as a Serbian whatsoever.

Edit: The Emperor seems to give the title he stole from me to some Duke on the other side of the Empire. He doesn't care about consolidation of territories, he just wants Greeks in power, that jackass!

^ Are you of a different religion? The AI usually won't seek to strip titles unless it has a claim on them, or you are a different religion.

No, I converted to a Monophysite to please the Emperor and he still tries to revoke my titles. In fact, I lost all my titles and the game switched over to a distant relative of the same dynasty. I saved and reloaded as my wife, waiting to die so my son becomes ruler and play as him, a Serb in Croatia.

Edit: Outside of the Emperor's tyranny, I am going to try to expand big enough to take on the Byzantine Empire and exterminate the Greeks from the face of the planet.

I've had some reloads. The way I play single-player games, if FUBAR happens, I tend to reload. Anyway:

– Boleslaw II of Poland (starting king in 1066, aged 24), married to Duchess Matilda, four daughters and no sons over 50 years or something;
– Muslims in Spains or rather having to combat them as Poland when they could just re-reraise countless hordes just like that;
– 7k supply limit on the sea when DoWed by the Caliph, plus war everywhere South and East of Hungary (solution: become the freaking master of mediaeval amphibious warfare);
– succession fail (bride of a younger son dies fast, kid is a foreign duke with a liege, guess what happens when younger son, who is a duke here, dies...);
– married a Poland's king's heir to an ugly Duchess of Pomerania to get the land, then de iure Poland (prior to 1.05), without bloodshed; kid became a HRE duke, rebelled, lost it, I now had a foreigner ruler, one of many (I had -18 foreigner for centuries until Queen Blanche the English Toddler got the dialogue to change her culture);
– dumped excessive demesne in Iberia on the heir to end up with queen consort Shakira of Poland, an Andalusian courtier with no family, no stats, no claims, no nothing, who eventually died in prison for attempted murder;
– married Boleslaw II to Duchess Matilda, two sons became HRE dukes on her death, the younger DoWed the elder right away and reduced him to simple courtier (and got himself betrothed to the powerful underaged Duchess of Savoy and some more, guess bastard was en route to forming the Kingdom of Italy but I reloaded);
– as Poland, I noticed that the neighbour of my Iberian possessions was the Golden Horde; I looked up and it turned out that idiot the King of France (and Aragon and Bohemia), separated from them by the HRE (> size 300) and me (size 200 or so) became a vassal of the Golden Horde. WHAT? WHY? H-O-W?
– landed queens consort failing to call husband in a war, losing it (or failing to start a claim war and invite husband into it).

When you set up a strategic marriage that will grant a land inheritance, but your ally won't call you to arms to protect that land from invaders. Stupid AI. The only time I actually cheat is to solve this type of problem.

XXXXX has called YYYYY into XXXXX's War for the Kingdom

XXXXX has called ZZZZZ into XXXXX's War for the Kingdom

XXXXX has called AAAAA into XXXXX's War for the Kingdom

XXXXX has called BBBBBB into XXXXX's War for the Kingdom

YYYYY has called CCCCC into XXXXX's War for the Kingdom

YYYYY has called DDDDD into XXXXX's War for the Kingdom

ZZZZZ has called...

...has called...

...called...

RELOAD MURDER ENSUES

As Emperor, I'd married off my son to Queen of Jerusalem. Primogeniture law was active within the Empire and Kingdom of Jerusalem. So my grandchild would inherit the both titles. After I die, my son inherited and became the new emperor. He was 19 and his wife Queen of Jerusalem was 22 but they had no children. I waited, waited and waited so long but no pregnancy happened. I was like "make a goddam child you sons of bitches" and then bang! I gained "homosexual" trait, it gives -%15 fertility apart from -10 opinion with all your vassals. A waited a few more years, I had no hope of child then bang bang! My wife gave two births consecutively. Then another bang! The Emperor dies in an unbelievably unneccessary battle against goddam bloody rebels. Fortunately my only son survived and inherited both titles after his mama-queen died. Happy ending anyway.