• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suppose I could... I am going to conquer Rome, and then I will update you all ;)

Finally, after a long weekend, I am finally able to relax, play a little, and post an update. yay!

The Bohemian problem. As last time we saw, the Bohemian blob of 200k troops was busy colonizing the horde and working its way east through Golden horde territory. If there was ever a time the hordes were a little tougher, this would be it.

The solution presented itself quite quickly after I wrote the last update, because of my new friend, Austria. And we also take the time to formalize those damn weights too! Stupid unformalized weights weighing me down

1FirstwarasByzantinesandfinallyformalizedscalesandweights.jpg

AAANNNNDDDD... just like before, the computer likes to attack when they think I am weakest. To their demise, I am not weak at all..

2CouldbeaproblembutIdoubtit.jpg

AAANNNNDDDD... just like before, again, I am called into yet another war, where I stood a very big risk of losing a good chunk ofcolonies, because unlike the computer, I can not micro-manage like they can. What do I do? Ditched Austria of course!

3Coulddefinitelybeaproblem.jpg

I was able to bring armies in from the other areas of the Mediterranean and rampage through their eastern territories. They quickly tired of war after Poland decided to jump in as well against Bohemia. I was able to secure a peace deal that would curb the Czech excursion in the east:

4Bohemianproblemsolved.jpg

Mamluks also tired of war conveniently after they realized I was done with Bohemia, and that they stood even less of a chance than the Czechs:

5Mamlukpeace.jpg

I incorporate Naples, as per my mission:

6IncorporatedNaples.jpg

Time to boost missionary growth and prestige:

7TimetotakeJudeaandworkmywaytoMecca.jpg

That is what they get for being conniving, unscrupulous, ignoble bottomfeeders:

8TakeaholycityandcutCastileofffromMecca.jpg

I get this event quite often, and I get a HELL of a lot of gold for it!

9Igetthiseventquiteoftenanditissuperawesome.jpg

Sicily now suffers the same fate as Naples, as per yet another mission:

10Coolannexation.jpg

5th NI to supplement my growing trade prowess:

115thNI.jpg

In order to gain a holy war CB on an Indian nation, I declare myself defender of orthodox faith, and get the CB to attack Ceylon exclusively for the Indian trade decision:

12IdeclaredefenderoffaithtogetholywarCBonCeylon.jpg

Ceylon does not survive very long. I take both decisions shown here:

13Itakeboth.jpg

My next goal is to declare my superiority over the other colonizers, especially those who are in my way. I also have a mission to conquer Rome, but since Castile was also DoF, I decide to double declare to get to use both the conquest CB and the colonialism:

14IdeclareonbothRomeandCastileIwantbothCBs.jpg

I ally GB in an attempt to occupy Castile while I take their colonies. Remember, I do not like micromanaging, so I let the computer do it for me. Also, this prevents GB from making me a target...at least during the war. Cannot declare war on allies, and cannot dissolve alliance whilst at war. Win win for me:

15IallyBritaintogetsomehelpandavoidbackstab.jpg

Then, there is the fact that Portugal's and Castile's navies are presumably rotting on the bottom of an ocean somewhere. .. :

16Thewarsituationnotbad.jpg

I occupy Rome finally, completing the mission. While, I was hoping for a cooler mission, GB fulfills the next one for me...as a token of friendship?

17hopedforacoolnewmissionGuessnot.jpg

The Mamluks are now over-run with rebels (understatement), and try to goad me into clearing them out for me. It is actually a genius idea by the computer, too bad I am smarter than that and I let them suffer with a white peace hehe.

18thingsaregoingwellIamnotevengoingtoletthisphasemeabitTheyareoverrunwithrebels.jpg

Castile cedes a bunch of stuff to me:

19Castilegoesdowninflames.jpg

And this is the world as we know it now after many many years:

20colonizationprogress.jpg

Thank you for reading. I hope it is entertaining. Colonization is only marginally entertaining. I am spamming colonists to every coastal province I can find in North America. Money is not an issue anymore at all. I have now 20+ colonies, a monthly income balance without gaining inflation. I will post an image of my current financial situation now, and you can compare to the previous situation in the previous update.

Big difference.

1539:

9Finances.jpg

1570: (My year end tax income is 749)

21financialsituation.jpg

I am surprised I got away so far with such little inflation. There were times I was minting hardcore, but now I have it under control. I will start working on getting that down. It is a lot easier to gain inflation than to lose it =/

Last edited:
Yeah, nobody beats the Biz is very much an early 90s rap song, but holy crap I forgot how powerful you can get in Vanilla after you get the snowball rolling

Seems you've just about secured your American borders nicely. Time to fill it in and choose a new location. Are you going to rename the provinces to things suitable for Life, Justice, Liberty and the Roman way?

Isn't that 8k ducats enough for you to stop minting for a bit? :p

Also it would be nice if the world maps were a bit bigger, it's hard to see what's going on when it's so cramped up.

Yeah, nobody beats the Biz is very much an early 90s rap song, but holy crap I forgot how powerful you can get in Vanilla after you get the snowball rolling

It does happen in MM as well but usually not until later in the game, 1650s is about the earliest I managed in MMU, and at least you have more stuff to spend your cash on :)

Still, a lot of my provinces are wrong religion-wrong culture. I will be earning a lot more as soon as I get those flipped. Now, I am gaining 1 missionary a year after having conquered Rome, Mecca and jerusalem.
Seems you've just about secured your American borders nicely. Time to fill it in and choose a new location. Are you going to rename the provinces to things suitable for Life, Justice, Liberty and the Roman way?
I am afraid, I am not creative, nor patient enough to rename every last province. I will rename my capitol to something sexy though.. I need to get eastern Canada into my realm from the Portuguese and Brits, but that will be easy because I can keep getting the colonialism CB on them. The Caribbean islands will be tough because the colonial CB does not work for those, and there is no way I can get a border there. I will, one by one, just have to soak up the infamy.

Isn't that 8k ducats enough for you to stop minting for a bit? :p

Also it would be nice if the world maps were a bit bigger, it's hard to see what's going on when it's so cramped up.

It does happen in MM as well but usually not until later in the game, 1650s is about the earliest I managed in MMU, and at least you have more stuff to spend your cash on :)

Well, I like money, it funds my manufactury building program. Of course, I am only building manufacturies in the new world, but 4.4% inflation is not bad, and I will get it down to 0 before the next century is done...at least.

How do I make a bigger map? After next update, I will take two screenshots zoomed out in Europe and N.A., so you all can see the big light purple blob. BLPB.

I blame it more on the AI's NI choosing abilities. By 1650 I have one of the specialized ideas and my enemies are in the dust, even as a power with not as much room to expand (Italy, Prussia, Dutch)

Is it Aleppo or Adana that is needed for the Pentarchy decision? I think you have them all, unless it is Aleppo (belongs to the Mamluks right?).

Also, great update, but you're reaching a critical point where nothing seems a challenge. You should make us remember those later goals of the AAR.

Is it Aleppo or Adana that is needed for the Pentarchy decision? I think you have them all, unless it is Aleppo (belongs to the Mamluks right?).
Also, great update, but you're reaching a critical point where nothing seems a challenge. You should make us remember those later goals of the AAR.
Adana (which now has a new name after enacting the theme system) is the one. I own it, but it has a terrible conversion rate (4.6%). I am going to hire a missionary adviser. Getting the pentarchy will be the pinnacle of my power. My power now is unmatched by any combination of foreign powers. GB is the last navally powerful nation left...for now. Once I get the pentarchy, and have a big handful of overseas cores, I will be starting to move my capitol, as per goal 4.

This sure is BYZAAR!
Suscribed!

BYZZZAAAAHHHHHHHHHRRR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY&ob=av3e

Hell ,this is so byzaar....

I just love the crazy hopping idea

I am on a mini vacation, and I not sure about having internet.

Be prepared though, for monday, there will quite possibly be two updates!

Enjoy your vacation. :)

Look forward to your updates when you get back.

So where did I leave off... oh yes, Mayans needed to die:

1AnnexationofMaya.jpg

Now, you guys may be wondering why I did not kill off the natives until so late. The answer is: I do not know. Being lazy?

2BeforeyouaskwhynotearlierIwillrespondthatIdonotknow.jpg

My wild spending and overconfidence in my financial prowess results in a nasty surprise:

3Overconfidenceinmyfinancialprowess.jpg

Now, my next victim is GB. The problem is that they were involved in a war in India, and we all know that that war would not have been finished for a million years. And, I can not dissolve alliance while they are at war. The solution was to decline a call to arms. Prestige be darned:

4gimmeyoshiz.jpg

I declare war straight after my dishonorable rescinding of alliance.
They have a large navy obviously, but I have bigger (only marginally), but I hope to get them while they sail around with mini navies:

5thiswillbetoughtogetGBtogiveupprovinces.jpg

annihilation much?

8britishsupremacymyass.jpg

Another mass destruction:

6Destructionwow.jpg

Despite British sea supremacy, sheer numbers seems to work just as well.

Meanwhile in S.America
Crap! I forgot to station an army in those provinces! Those are all un-citied colonies. Luckily the Terra Incog allows me to get an army down there before they have a chance to take too many colonies!

9Allthoseuncitiedcoloniesugh.jpg

Back in the Mediterranean:
Another showdown:
10Theshowdown.jpg

I win, and I pursue the navy and assault the province where they were hiding...ultimately leading to their annihilation:

11IwinIwishIgotmorekilled.jpg

And...their fleets are now mostly on the sea floor:
12Theirfleetsarenowontheseafloor.jpg

What a ridiculous war score I needed to even have been able to get any concessions. Luckily for me, France died horrendously and GB was able to grab a big chunk of France and Aragon. Conquest of these states gave me a really nice, high war score. I really dislike how they upgraded the "if they dont accept, they will lose a stability hit" requirement. Anyways, I got what I wanted and a bit more. The Brits have so much more gold I could have gotten from them, but I couldn't because they wouldn't let me:

13Britaindoesnotlikepeacedeals.jpg

I progress through my missions (haven't cancelled one yet, and I do not plan on it), and I get the one I want (I am only missing Aleppo grrr!):

14IfinallygetthemissionIwaslookingfor.jpg

I have a bunch of religious conversions and cultural assimilations in Turkey, and one that always makes me grin:

15makesmegrineverytime.jpg

I continue my clean up of natives:

16Finallygetaroundtotakingoutthesenatives.jpg

Fifth NI. SInce I have nothing better really to choose and I am starting my revolution to become a nice republic:

175thidearevoltsarequitenastyandwearenicerepublic.jpg

Bohemia has now found a way to bypass my blockade and continue conquering hordes. I notice their mega army of death in some poor province, and they only have 2 war exhaustion. Very hard AI gets really handicapped!

18Theycanwalkaroundwith179000troopsandonlytake205WE.jpg

Nobles challenge my rule. Rome decides to rise up with 28,000 troops. Ouch! Luckily I have been training armies in Southern Italy for my Britain campaigns. They were going soft, so this was a perfect opportunity for target practice:

19Ouch.jpg

As exactly 200 years have now passed, I am at the halfway marker of my campaign, and while European borders have remained constant, the colonization of North American and Colombia and Venezuela continues with renewed vigor:

20progressintheAmericas.jpg

Thank you for reading. As soon as I hit the pentarchy and it is past 1650, I will move capitol overseas and being the next phase of the game.

I have a question for my audience:
One of my goals was to get the pentarchy which requires 5 European provinces. My other goals tell me to get rid of all of my European holdings. So, My question to you is: which goal takes precedence?