• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FYI, I can't get the patch through the launcher, it says that no new updates are available. I got he patch through the link Johan provided instead. Could this possibly be because I had one of the older 5.1 beta patches already installed and that was confusing the launcher somehow? Just wanted to mention this in case there is an issue with the launcher that needs to be looked at.

I downloaded the patch through the launcher. It worked fine for me.
I can launch the game and I'll start a new game as Teutonic Order now.

Thank you Paradox for the (awesome and big) Patch! :)

I'm still gettting the check sum from the last beta. Installed for the umpteenth time. And yes its the correct directory.

I cant update useing the launcher so downloaded the patch and installed by still wont register probperly so cant get achivements. when i check for updates using the launcher i get an 404 error page could not be found

I have also been wating a while havent used any beta patches and EU and is exp are newly installed

checksum is correct or at least the same as the others have :p

I'm still gettting the check sum from the last beta. Installed for the umpteenth time. And yes its the correct directory.

Follow the clean reinstall steps in the tech support sticky, and install out of C:\Program Files.

My truces with hordes expire just fine? What bug are you referring to?

This. No saving/reloading etc. Full on straight play through nonstop. The truce didn't expire, ever. It's currently 1550ish and we're still at peace. The same bug has existed as long as the new horde system has been in place, and is *very* easily reproducible. I've even had it occur on four separate windows installs, on two separate computers, so it's not an isolated incident. This is with a clean install of the latest beta.

It's nice to have a final patch, and I'm not disappointed about hordes not being further addressed since I mod them out anyways.

Personally I'd love to see the Paradox team leave DW as is and begin to work on another EU expansion. I think most would agree DW is ... underwhelming, but it's been the exception and not the norm as far as expansions go. Something focusing on the Middle East and in particular the Ottomans and Persia would be terrific.

Any idea if Paradox Connect will accept the new version this weekend?

Follow the clean reinstall steps in the tech support sticky, and install out of C:\Program Files.

Did that, now I'm getting checksum WRWB, cleared the cache(after one start), and got UJLP(close, but not quite BJLT others are getting), restarted and gor WRWB yet again.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say 'good job' to the Paradox guys, 5.1 is pretty much an amazing game and having bought the original and the 4 expansions for a total, I'd guess, of around £90, I think I have spent 1,000s of hours over the last 4 years playing it, and I still want to play 5.1. To be honest, I'm just glad my wife hasn't left me ;-)