• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With this Patch the AI still builds armies, and instant disbands them after they are finished.
I can see that in my current Japan game.

I was able to PU Minamoto and now i can see them building up units and disbanding them (and yes i pushed a lot of money into Minamoto due to -200 Relation after PU forming)
This create/disband cycle is still in the game and robs me complete of the fun ... (hey you PU junior .. keep your army to support mine!)

Please fix this (save can be attached if needed)

- Fixed the one pixel of the Skagerak that was misplaced in Heligoland Bight.

This made me laugh for some reason! Can imagine the complaints it caused!

Is the idea now that there will be no further updates for EU3 until a possible EU4?

Once again:
The Paradox patch is for Paradox and GamersGate editions only. Other publishers like Steam, Impulse, Direct2Disk and Snowball will have to release their own versions as each patch is released by PI.

Does that mean that steam users still cant play with people owning another version due to a different checksum? :/

Is the idea now that there will be no further updates for EU3 until a possible EU4?

Nothing is set in stone... but I think 5.1 is rather nice right now :)

Good to have.

A few questions about these points:

- Units will now have their movements properly reset always, when forced to retreat.
I posted a problem in the old beta thread. Do I need to do so in the tech section?

- Morale damage in navalcombat is no longer x100.
Is there a way to get that even lower?

Finally, does this mean you really, truly, think naval combat is OK? Really????
(Note: It isn't. Not even close.)

Not entirely serious: Last time around, the official patch was the herald of a new version, 4.1 coming out about 1 month before DW. Again? Really, is there any reason that patches need stop after x.1? 1.3 and 2.2 show otherwise.

I use the steam version and when I download the patch via the launcher I get 'Cannot find Divine Wind installed' as error message.

Getting the error message "Could not find "Divine Wind" installed" when trying to install the patch. What to do?

I have the Steam version and could install the patch I downloaded via the launcher.
I assume the registry path to EU3 is either missing or corrupted.
If you have experience to mingle with the registry check the entries found under
(x86 OS) HKLM\Software\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III
in case of a 64bit OS
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III
That how mine looked pre patch.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III]
"app"="f:\steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii - complete\eu3.exe"
"DivineWind"="5.0 "
"HeirToTheThrone"="4.1 "
"InNomine"="3.1.1"
"Napoleon"="2.1 "
"Path"="f:\steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii - complete"
"run"="enable"
"version"="5.00.0.0"
"lang"="English"

To be honest I am disappointed just by reading the changelog. I was thinking that Pdox was going to do something big about the hordes but they didn't :( The mechanism itself didnt get touched.

You still have to send colonists into a province which was recently occupied by hordes, no matter if you have a core on it or not.

As I haven't played it yet can anyone confirm that hordes don't expand that much after the final patch?

After so much protest I'd expect that Pdox did something about it...

You still have to send colonists into a province which was recently occupied by hordes, no matter if you have a core on it or not.

Speaking of which, I thought of something but I haven't tested or thought about it before: If you fund Patriot rebels on a Horde-province you have Core+Culture on, does it defect to you? If you are at war with them, could you protect the rebels until they defect to you? If these things are true, what's the rationale for not being able to simply reconquer your core (if you can't. As I said, I haven't tried)? :p

Or is it intended that you occupy them until they defect and don't bother colonizing your own territory over and over? I'd prefer both Hordes and Non-Hordes being allowed to re-take cores from eachother, though.

My check sum is also BJLT. When I move an army on a new game, the arrow indicating the path goes to the South Pacific before going to the designated province. Do I need to delete the map cache or something like that?

My check sum is also BJLT. When I move an army on a new game, the arrow indicating the path goes to the South Pacific before going to the designated province. Do I need to delete the map cache or something like that?

Sounds very much like a map cache issue. Go to your EUIII/map/cache folder and delete all contents of this folder.

To be honest I am disappointed just by reading the changelog. I was thinking that Pdox was going to do something big about the hordes but they didn't :( The mechanism itself didnt get touched.

As I haven't played it yet can anyone confirm that hordes don't expand that much after the final patch?

After so much protest I'd expect that Pdox did something about it...

So am I.

I have played two test games and GH advance is as rapid as was. Timurids seems to have harder times, but its probably caused by their fighting on numerous fronts.