• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have EUIII complete can I D/L this patch or is it just for Divine Winds.......
Only Divine Wind. The last patch for Complete/In Nomine is 3.2.

I have EUIII Cronicles but I can't install 5.1 patch Does anyone know why? (I can give you the error message if needed)

The error message and/or more information would be essential in determining why.

Okay the error says "C:\Pelit\Europa universalis3\eu3.exe

An error ocurred while trying ro replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Käyttö estetty" (that's Finnish sorry I'm not sure how to translate that correctly)

So do I need to delete eu3.exe?

Okay the error says "C:\Pelit\Europa universalis3\eu3.exe

An error ocurred while trying ro replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Käyttö estetty" (that's Finnish sorry I'm not sure how to translate that correctly)

So do I need to delete eu3.exe?

I'm no expert on installation problems, but I'm thinking the error might be due to you not running the update as an administrator. You have Windows Vista/Seven? Try running the launcher or patch update exe (whichever you have) as administrator, which will allow it to overwrite files it might not be allowed to do without admin privileges if you use UAC.

If that doesn't fix it then I'd post in the technical support forum if someone doesn't reply here with a better answer than I gave.

I'm no expert on installation problems, but I'm thinking the error might be due to you not running the update as an administrator. You have Windows Vista/Seven? Try running the launcher or patch update exe (whichever you have) as administrator, which will allow it to overwrite files it might not be allowed to do without admin privileges if you use UAC.

If that doesn't fix it then I'd post in the technical support forum if someone doesn't reply here with a better answer than I gave.

Thanks for your help it works now :)
oddly this didin't I didn't figure this out myself...

In fact it was nothing to do with being the Admin user; you first tried the apply the patch while you had the launcher (eu3.exe) open. Windows won't allow a file in use to be overwritten. The second time you ran it, the launcher was closed and so it worked.

In fact it was nothing to do with being the Admin user; you first tried the apply the patch while you had the launcher (eu3.exe) open. Windows won't allow a file in use to be overwritten. The second time you ran it, the launcher was closed and so it worked.

Oh yeah of course stupid me :eek:o

Can someone give me the official checksum? I checked the 1st pages and seems like I am getting an other one
Please register your game here, then we can help you in the Tech Support forum.

So I purchased Divine wind And started a new game as Moscow. Now every 5 years I have the Golden Horde "On the Board". Even if I conquer every provence All I gan get is to have the Horde Admit defeat. What am I doing wrong?

You're supposed to send colonies into their provinces when you've occupied them. Just click their provinces that are on your border and occupied and you will be able to send colonists there. When the "population" reaches 1000 the province will flip to your control the next month. Focusing on one or a few provinces at a time is preferable, though they grow fairly quickly and each colonist gives 200 population instead of 100.

You're supposed to send colonies into their provinces when you've occupied them. Just click their provinces that are on your border and occupied and you will be able to send colonists there. When the "population" reaches 1000 the province will flip to your control the next month. Focusing on one or a few provinces at a time is preferable, though they grow fairly quickly and each colonist gives 200 population instead of 100.

Thanks! Do you mean I should read instructions? I'm a guy. Thank God for GPS!

How do you download?

If you have the game in a box or from GG, you get the patch in the Tech Support forum here.
Steam auto patch.
Everyone else, you get the patch where you got the game from.